Pure Acoustics Speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Smittykit

Post Number: 16
hi folks,

got an offer for a set of Pure Acoustics Junior w/ Front/ Center/ Surround for SGD$800, new. Any worth looking at?

http://www.pure-acoustics.com

I've not heard of this brand actually, thus looking for some reviews please.

Cheers!
Smitty

Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 1
Definitely worth a look but do your research first. Go out and check out the build quality and sound performance of others first. The Pure Acoustics stuff isnt too bad for the price. You can get them lower than $800 if you look for around the net especially ebay. Don't let the marketing fool you, they aren't in the same league as JBL, Jamo, and Infinity. I think they are built in China and are also rebadged with the 'Dream Acoustics USA' Label. I don't know much about the Junior series as I have the QX1000 Package (F,C,Sur) which I got as a closeout on Ebay dirt cheap. Don't let the pics fool you, the QX1000s are bigger in real life. The drivers aren't the most modern but they do their job well. The internal wiring is quite small (14 awg at best) and the binding posts are very cheap. With a quality amp/receiver they perform well. I paired mine up with a mid level Yamaha RX-V550. The highs aren't too bright. The mids are good and clear. The lows are just right with no distortion at higher volumes. You don't get that cheesy over-the-top distorted punch you would get from cheaper speakers when you push them. If you don't mind the voiding the warranty, invest in some new posts, insulation and internal wiring. If you get them cheap enough, who cares? Other than that they are great speakers for an entry to mid level system. Otherwise you can find some used Wharfedale's, Elac's or B/W's on ebay or as trade ins at a high-end audio shop. Hopefully I helped you identify some things I noticed that you may want to have a good look at yourself. Good Luck.

LimFL
Unregistered guest
U can get it below SGD400 at Singapore WTC carpark. Look for a white van. company with capital D

Taboula
Unregistered guest
Yeah, most stuff from Singapore is either crap or copied crap.

I heard they are pretty good for the price. Here's a link I found.

http://www.aussiehifi.com.au/images/QX900Review1.gif

Username: Usfarshad

hey guys..
i have been up to buy a hifi for my homie.
was about to buy a pair of warfedale diamond 8.4 with affordable value of 300$, but as i was wandering at my local stores, find the pure acoustics(never heard before) model xti 100f stand tall speakers with the price rated at 300$.
it sounded clear and airy to my ears everything seemed to be well balanced and the bass and mid and upper mids was quite clear and even smooth trebles.
but sound engireeing ones sure do know that everything is about the frequency response that we can trust and for me i perefer the refrence ones :P
i wanted to know if u guys suggesting me to
give this brand a chance.
( and mention i asked the support chart on
www.pure-acoustics.com about the f.q and they replied:Thank you for considering Pure Acoustics speakers. Unfortunately the graph is currently not available)

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11342
You're kidding right?

Post Number: 2
kidding about what?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11355
Nevermind.

If you've heard it and you like it, then get it.

Not a lot of members on this forum have heard of Pure Acoustics. It was mentioned in passing but many have determined that it may be a white van speaker.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11356
Check out this review.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_1/pure-acoustics-qx-900-speakers-3-2005 .html

Post Number: 3
thanks for reply on comment and linked review that i read before Berny :P.
I want some aspects to be cleared :
1-at first place im talking about the almost new
product of pure-acoustics XTI 100F and the
review you linked was fair on the QX-900
speakers.http://www.pure-acoustics.com/design/english/html/xti_100f.htm
2-and i truely didnt find any reviews about this model i know the forum is almost about the Qx series speakers but i wanted to find a clear info on this model(xti 100f)

Im wondering if anyone has ever compared this model
btw im open at suggestions.

Username: Humanhoover

Perth, WA Australia

I've got a pair of XTI-100F. I bought it purely out of curiosity, and it costed me just under $100 on EBay. I picked them up from the Perth Aussie HiFi dealer, so that saved me delivery costs. So what does one get for under $100? Good value for money, but obviously, cannot match the sound of other speakers (I am a hifi fanatic, so I have a number of other speakers to compare them with). I have a speaker selector, hence I compared them to my Aaron ATS-5, PSB Image 6T, AAD C-800i, and Energy 4.1e. The midrange was decent, treble was fair, but deep bass was lacking. Soundstage (ie. 3D depth of sound) couldn't compare to others. However, for the price, it was still surprisingly good. The drivers are visually impressive, with the midrange and bass drivers having a phase plug. Construction was expected to be on the cheap, and the vinyl wrap was initial proof. I opened up the drivers to have a look inside - damping was nonexistant, no caulking on the joints, and liberal use of glue combined with 2" length wood pieces held the corner joints together. The bi-wirable dual pair binding posts are deceiving though - they are there for show, as the link bars cannot be removed, so no biwiring possible. The feet are plastic, so no option for spikes. They do sound better cranked up with more volume, but bass is still lacking. What my other more expensive speakers offered, was broader soundstage, deep bass, and generally captivating sound. You do get what you pay for, and for its price, it was worth getting just to compare their sound. For those with a tight budget, I'd say they are a good first buy. You can always upgrade later, but the listening experience is worth the low cost. Besides, I got young kids, so if they do damage these speakers, I wouldn't cry over the misfortune. I have in mind to dampen the insides myself, and add speaker spikes on the underside.

Post Number: 4
ye A.T Lay really thanks for the review

i agree with you they sound great for the start but at this price considering the sound to be compared with other brands, they are acceptable...

and about the model i have been up to buying i should say the high mid range and treble sound is more than natural crystalized.so be aware of not damaging your ears at high volume
i experienced fatigue while the last time i audioned them at store show room(play back didnt last over 4 mins at almost 75% of the sound)

btw i ended buying a pair of wharfedale diamond8.3 at 220US$
for the natural mid and non fatiguing treble and more over all sound balancing and sound image and tight breathing bass and mid & treble thanks to their kevlar cone and silked tweeter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us