Appropriate Crossover for my setup

Username: Matt_maglieri

Post Number: 4
Hey all just a quick question here. I was just wondering what the appropriate crossover is for my setup. I used the Yamaha Optimizer technology and it auto-set the cross over at 160hz with the bass coming from just the subwoofer. I was hoping you could tell me what the appropriate crossover would be and if I should set it to send the bass through both the fronts and the sub or just the sub.

My setup is as follows.

Yamaha HTR-5760

Two older KLH speakers for fronts with the following specs:
Maximum input: 290 watts
Minimun/ Maximum RMS: 3-150 watts
Woofer: 12" Polymer
Midrange Hemi-Dome: 4"
Tweeter: 1" Soft Dome

And an Athena Mircra 6 suround package for the sub and the surrounds/backs/center.

If you require any more info just let me know.
Thanks in advace!

Anonymous

Couple of Qs:
1. What size did the auto-setup set each group of your speakers to (large/small/none)?
2. What is the stated frequency response of your main speakers (e.g. 25Hz-30KHz)?

Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 5
THX recommends xover at 80hz. Depending on how good your subwoofer is at handling freq. from 160hz to 80 hz when compared to your main speakers. I have a fairly mediocre subwoofer so I don't like it ruining my music, I set mine to 80 hz so that it will mostly play bass during the movies. Since my main speakers have pretty good response (down to 25hz), I set the LFE to go to both the subwoofer and front.

Username: Matt_maglieri

Post Number: 5
The auto-setup set the center, surrounds, and backs to small and set the fronts to large. The freq response on the main speakers is 24Hz-22KHz and the crossover frequencies are 900Hz and 4000Hz. Another thing I realised is that my subwoofer's crossover is factory set to blend perfectly with the sats and doesn't take into account that I've added two different fronts, so I'm not sure how that plays into the equation. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us