Urgent help please - using dvd home theatre system to watch regular tv programming

hpelectro
Unregistered guest
I would like to watch regular tv, etc local sport games through my cable box, using my surround sound system that i finished hooking up in my room.

Problem is it only works for dvd, radio, music etc for now, i want to connect to my Digital tv cable box to watch regular programming through the theatres speakers, any help??

Thanks in advance!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1557
Connect RCA cables from the cable box to the HTS, then set on whatever input you used. If both have optical/digital connections, they are better.

hpelectro
Unregistered guest
Thanks a ton!!

Do i need to code the HTS remote control to eb able to work the TV...

Which right now it doesn't..Its really hard to get the code to work..

What ends go where? The end connecting to the cable goes into which slot? And the end going into the HTS goes into what slot??

THANKS A TON!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1559
If using RCAs, connect from the left/right out of the cable box to an open audio left/right input on the HTS. If you want to control the box with the HTS remote, you will have to set the code, that should be easy if you have the manual. You will need to set the HTS on whatever input the box RCAs are connected to. There should be an input or auxillary button on the remote. If the box has a digital (single RCA) output, or optical (small square) output, and the HTS has those inputs, they are far better than RCAs. You only need one of them, not both.

hpelectro
Unregistered guest
got that!! Thanks a ton!!

After i connect the both ends of the cable,from the cable box to the HTS reciever, what on the HTS remote do i press, so i can watch regular cable tv while the hts is working its thing in the backround..

Thanks again!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1562
There should be an input or an auxillary button on the remote.

hpelectro
Unregistered guest
Theres both input and AUX button on the HTS remote.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
Whichever one gets you there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us