Componant video cables?

Username: Marvel

CANADA

Post Number: 8
Do I really need to spend over 100 bucks on cables? I have a Sony 50 inch LCD RP and a Sony progressive scan DVD. Monster cables can be as expensive as $130, but wal-mart carries a cable that looks to be good quality made by philips for about $30. I want to do things right but I don't want to throw money away.

Thanks for any help.

Username: Switchedon

Post Number: 9
I think somthing in-between. about $40-$100 is what I would spend. Don't get the cheapest, and unless your HT setup is over $25,000 you won't need the best.

Check out Blue Jeans and Acoustic Research cables.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2278
Mike,
Only you can decide. The way I figure it, if you have a few thousand dollars wrapped up in your TV, AVR, and other various components, what's a couple hundred for good cables??

And BTW, that isnt the best either. If you wanted to, you could easily spend $1,000s+ on just cables. Those with $25K dont spend a few hundered for cables, but more like a few thousand.

Bronze Member
Username: Skasol

Post Number: 28
I agree with paul, we usually invest all this money in tv's and what not, but the connectivity we get cheap.

Username: Stereojoey

Ft Worth, Texas USA

Post Number: 3
yet again im with paul on this one again. here is my shpeal....we as humans can see distortion(like on tv screens) way easier the we can hear distortion in speakers. so my opinion is yes get a nice set video cables then do a comparison and see if you can tell a difference. only you can determine how important picture quality is.

Steve Burke
Unregistered guest
Spend wisely and talk to a few different guys in proper high end audio/video stores. Go online and compare reviews.
Don't be afraid to spend US$199 on the high end Ixos Y Pb Pr cable, you will not regret it once you see your picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us