Speaker Quality

Username: Unit731

Post Number: 2
General question. Novice.
Speaker quality.

In setting up a 7.1 system do all the speakers need to be very high quality? This is not the "ultimate" setup. Money is not unlimited.

Some has advised me that some of the speakers are used more, therefore, those should be high quality speakers, while other speakers are used less, therefore, spend less for those.

Yes, I am a novice.

I have a copy of "SMART HOME FOR DUMMIES" but this lists little about speakers.

johnn
Unregistered guest
Buy the best speakers you can afford. They last forever and are the most important piece of an audio system.
They should all be similar quality and preferably the same brand. Even more preferably the same model line.

Bronze Member
Username: Turnkey

Roseville, CA United States

Post Number: 12
All of the speakers in a 7.1 system with the exception of the powered sub need to be 'balanced'. For the best sound you should not mix speaker types/makers. Some do and say it doesn't matter but most will agree it's not good practice. Most makers have a complete system that employs higher end speaker quality for the L/R/C speakers vs the surround speakers. But the system is or should be sonically balanced. You can go over to the 'Audio' section and read the Orb vs Bose thread to learn more.

Jesse
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us