Help, for the love of god

Anonymous

ok, before I ask I know it probable has been posted before, but I am very tired of searching and reading.

I have a home theater system, and i would like to improve it by using a "car" sub(audiobahn) but I also need more power(obviously)to make that work.
So i have a Boss amp....here are the specifications
4 CHANNEL OPERATION
2 OHM STEREO STABLE
LOW AND HIGH LEVEL INPUTS
MOSFET POWER SUPPLY
2000 WATTS (500W x 4)
VARIABLE HIGH AND LOW PASS CROSSOVERS
BRIDGEABLE
NICKEL PLATED RCA INPUTS, LINE OUTS
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATION BETTER THAN 105dB
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 5 Hz - 50 KHz (+/- 3dB)
CHANNEL SEPARATION: BETTER THAN 90 dB

Now all i need to know is home to power it in my house. But also if you can give me a link or product name I should buy.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2070
You might want to ask the car audio buffs. People in home audio forum use home audio gear.

Maybe you'll find a motorhead over there who has done the same thing, and he'll offer his advice.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1003
Sorry the cactus plant needs a little drop of water!

Upload

Arr a transformer to convert the AC into DC ask at the car Hi-Fi shop about this, also transformers can be a costly affair, just to tell you...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3493
Why would you think that adding a car sub in your home theater would improve your system?

Why not get a subwoofer manufactured for the home?

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 122
The reason your searching failed should be obvious! You need to seriously take the advice of the previous posters... but just to humor you;

In order to get the kind of specs from the amp that your expecting, You're going to need up to 2 deep-cycle marine/rv batteries, some #2 awg battery leads, terminals, a heavy duty battery charger w/trickle, battery boxes, Fuse and knife switch, and a safe, well ventilated place to put everything.

Now, I figure cost is somewhere around $400 for the parts. Your going to be dealing with sulfuric Acid, hydrogen fumes from charging, dangerous DC current potentials, and this huge pile of stuff...
FOR WHAT REASON?

In the name of safety alone, you should consider selling your amp on Ebay and buying a nice powered subwoofer at your local retailer.

my 2¢

Gold Member

Post Number: 3502
Some people just love that "frankenstein" look. Kinda like a mad scientist's lab.LOL!

brat
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have a Sony STR-D515 surround sound receiver thatI'm not using and want to put it in my car and run two 5", two 6x9s, and a sub.

(just kidding)

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 125
I guess I shouldn't be too tough on the guy, Berny, cause I remember as a kid that I would spend 3x more energy doing things the wrong way 1st "just because".

Wisdom, truly comes with age...just hope I live long enough. ;p

Gold Member

Post Number: 3553
LOL!
Ah, the things we know now is something I never thought I would actually use, when I was young.

Youth is wasted on the young!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us