Subwoofer won't produce bass

Username: Karlhungus

Denver, CO

Post Number: 1
Hey,

I recently bought a new home theater set up and can't get my sub to work properly. I am using a Yamaha RX-V757 reciever and a Klipsch RW-8 sub. No bass is produced from the sub when I play records and dvds. (The rest of the set-up is great.) I have run the automated YPAO set up and that will produce bass from the sub, but no luck with anything else. I have it connected with a MonsterBass cable, split to go into the L and R RCA inputs on the sub. This is probably a reciever set-up problem, but wanted to see if anyone here might have any suggestions of what to "check". Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2046
Colin,
First of all, there is no reason to split the cable.

You'll need to check your setup menu and make sure the sub is activated. Somewhere, you'll find a simple setup reason why it's not running. It may be something as simple as selecting the correct mode.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 961
Colin Mann

There is a setting for large and small loudspeakers, though I recommend that you keep the loudspeakers in the large setting, there will be another mode some where on the sound mode selector, once you find this activate the which ether setting there is to enable the sub bass to play with other source material
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us