Via stereo receiver or straight to the DLP????

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 2
Just bought a Toshiba 52inch DLP and have subcribed to digital cable with the HDTV programming.

My question is how to hook up the TV to get the best picture. My plan was to go from the HDTV cable box through the Pioneer VSX1014TXK A/V receiver and then back to the TV. I also planned to run the DVD through the receiver too and then on to the TV.

Is this the best way to do it?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1991
The "best" way to connect the HDTV signal would be by HDMI/DVI directly from your cablebox to your TV. Doing it the way you suggest is ok, but not the best way. When it comes to HD signals, you'll want to use the best connection which happens to be either HDMI or DVI cables.

As for DVDs, I do switch them through the receiver using component cables as you suggest with good results.

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 3
Good. However, how do I get the audio to the recevier from the cable box. I'll want HD is surround so I think this is needed (yes?) Should I simply take RCA cables to the stereo?

Thanks.....

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 965
Either digital coax (single rca type) or optical cable. This will get digital sound to the reciever. This of course will depend on whether your cable box has one of these outputs and also whether the channels you will watch output sound in stereo, dolby surround 2.0 or full 5.1 surround.

If you just connect the L and R rca wires , you will only receive analog dolby 2.0 from the cable box.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1999
joe hit the mark......

For audio, run the red/white composites to the TV direct from the calbe box, and then run the coax/optical to the receiver for a 5.1 surround.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us