Speaker blowout... Onkyo HTS 780

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 14
Folks,

Looking for advice/instructions on how to get a speaker that has blown out, on a HTS-780, repaired/replaced. I'm well within my mfr warranty and CityAdvantage Protection Plan (Circuit City). Thanks.

Anil

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3584
Wouldn't it make sense that since you paid for the protection plan that you can actually use it by bringing it back to the place where you purchased said plan?

You paid for it, use it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Berny, I took it to CC yesterday and they took it in for service/repair/replacement. I'll get it back in 7-10 days. Thanks. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3613
Don't you just love those protection plans? They work if you use them. I'm surprised they did not give you a new replacement unit on the spot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Finally got it back after 1.5 months. They had to order replacement parts. The warranty says they'll repair it in 90 days or replace it. Anyway, its all good now and I have 5.1 channels set up. Still have the rear speakers to set up to make it 7.1. My current living room seating keeps me from using this effectively, but I'll soon find a way. Even with the 5.1, it sounds awesome - much better than some Sony's and even a Bose I heard at BestBuy. Of course, Onkyo is probably kids' stuff to those of you who have high end Denons and higher stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us