Any help would be greatly appreciated (speaker setup)

Username: Tonystarks

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to set up my bedroom and I know nothing about speaker systems or setups whatsoever

Alright... my system consists of
100watt (left surround)
100watt (right surround)
100watt (subwoofer)
100watt (centre)
100watt (left front)
100watt (right front)
*this is all RMS*

Based upon the shape of room inside my diagram... where would you guys say is the best place 2 put my bed & my speakers

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1947
If you plan on using this as a HT, I'd put the bed under the window, and the TV centered on the bed along the 16' wall, and place the rest of the speakers accordingly around that layout.

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 25
I agree with Paul. That way when you blow the windows out, all the glass will fall outside and not on your bed.

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 19
To avoid blocking the window, you can slide your bed up perpendicular to the 16 foot wall and then have the TV on the 8 foot 7 inch wall. You should have room for a couple of chairs or a loveseat beside your bed facing the TV.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1967
Naw...I said that because then his bed would make the perfect movie watching position, and secondly.....I dont like watching TV with a window directly behind because the outside light is annoying. Plus, if he puts the bed off on some weird angle, it wont make for very enjoyable movie watching.

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 20
You are no designer Paul. His bed wouldn't be on a weird angle and he would watch movies from a chair or love seat...not his bed, which in my opinion is far more comfortable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2029
Who 'doesnt' watch TV from their bed while watching their bedroom TV??

LOL

I said the bed should go under the window, and the TV centered on the long wall at the 'foot' of the bed. You're mistake is that you didnt use enough common sense to rotate the foot of the bed to face the TV. How does that make a weird angle?? It's probably safe to say that a majority of who watch TV in their bedroom do so from the comfort of their bed......the best seat in the house.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 944
I do.....

Bronze Member
Username: Fnegroni

Berkshire United Kingdom

Post Number: 28
I think you could also consider placing the AV system on the window wall.
Use very heavy fabric curtains, as wide as the wall with the window. This way, you will stop the light coming thorugh, and will also make the room more acoustically friendly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2085
Actually,
The room would be more accoustical friendly against the wall. Most likely, there are already curtains hanging, and better the speakers be facing the curtains to absorb the noise. If you put the entertainment center against the windows, you'll have sound reverberating off a bare back wall. Plus, watching TV with a window directly behind is never ideal. Sure, he can hang heavy drapes like in hotels, or heck....why not board the window over?? That'll fix it, right?

Or, put the TV on the other wall, and he wont have to sit in the dark during the day if he wants to watch TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us