JBL SCS 300.7

Username: Mickey04

Post Number: 6
Hi, I just bought a Onkyo TX SR602 7.1 A/V reciever. I'm considering the JBL SCS300.7 an eight piece speaker system. Is this a good match? Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 919
willie copeland

This is what the editor said about them

Upload

Adrienne Maxwell, December, 2004
Just out of curiosity, I popped in Dr. Chesky's Magnificent, Fabulous, Absurd & Insane Musical 5.1 Surround Show. The heartbeat sequence in tracks 29 through 36 provides 50-, 40-, 30-, and 20-hertz test tones for your subwoofer. I grabbed my SPL meter (set to 70 dB, C weighting, and slow response), and here's what I got: about 84 decibels at 50 Hz and 40 Hz, about 78 at 30 Hz, and a less forceful but still solid 68 dB at 20 Hz. Many smaller subs don't make a peep at 20 Hz. Not bad for a 10-inch woofer that's part of a $699 7.1-channel system.
Highlights
• One powerful sub
• Seven speakers means one complete soundfield

Personally I would look for 7 JBL control 5 for best price, and a power JBL 18inc sub bass, as you are going to need it, trust me on this, speaking as a former cinema projectionist, the above item will go into "Armageddon" on films like "Fight Club" Master and commander and rage of the Dolby mix on "Flight of the Phoenix" where sub baas information is down to 25Hz with high peaks and if you haven't got THX, well ask me why.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us