Help with new home theater

Anonymous

Hello, I'm putting in a new home theater system and I'm fairly new to this so I though I would get the opinion of people who actually know what they are doing. First off, I'm debating on which type of TV to get, LCD or DLP. I've heard good and bad things about both. I'm not going to get a plasma due to the altitude in which I live in (Colorado). I had friend which bought a reasonably high-end plasma TV and it made a humming sound because of the high altitude. I want a TV at least 60in, maybe even 70in. If anyone has suggestions on a good TVs, I would be very appreciative. My budget for the TV is around $5000. For the audio part, I'm looking for something that actually sounds like I'm at the movies. I currently have a home theater with Energy speakers (Encore 8). They are great speakers but they don't have the power I'm looking for. Right now I'm leaning towards the Klipsch Synergy Series. The front floor standing speakers are maximum 600w each (model F-3), while the center speaker is 400w (model C-2). The surround speakers are 400w each (model S-2) and the subwoofer has a 650w maximum (12in sub). I'm thinking about powering these speakers with a THX certified Yamaha HTR-5890 980w receiver. Bestbuy has this audio package for $2,439.93. If anyone has suggestions for an audio system, I would again be very appreciative. I would like to keep the price for the audio system at $2,500 or less.

Thanks in advanced!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us