Have Yamaha 7.1 AV amp, need advise on speakers

Unregistered guest
hi,
i have just entered the world of home theatre and managed to acquire Yamaha RX-V650 AV recievr which is a 7.1 system.but the problem is i have not got hold of spkrs for it.kindly advise which 7.1 spkrs would go with the amp. my room size is 6mtr x 4mtr.which is small, and therefore need wall mounted satelite typespkrs and decent subwfr.i would be listening to all kinds of music and watch movies too on the same system . i have a 29" Sony wega flatscreen TV and pioneer DVD player to go with it.i am in India so availibility is a problem and would be seeking help of my friend in dubai to source the spkrs but carrying them would be inconvinient so a compact system requested.
kindly advise. my budget is about 600-700$.
regds
atmaram deshpande,Goa-India

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 560
What brands are available to you???

Unregistered guest
almost all standard brands are available but are so costly that, prices in other countries are almost half. therefore i will be sourcing from Dubai, where rates are cheapest and i have my friend there who will bring them along with him in 2 months time.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 572
For that amount of money I would probably go with psb alpha's if you can get them or polf rt bookshelves if not.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 573
polk*

Unregistered guest
Polk Monitor 40 speakers are available in India for about Rs.10,000 a pair. This is a very fair price. You can also look at Acoustic Energy EVO Series that are available from Banglore for about 15,000 a pair. These are Stereophile recommended speakers and have won awards for 3 years continuously.

There are a number of Indian brands that are also very good for HT only. Lithos from Mumbai is only 11,000 a pair, very small, very musical and very good for HT also. Then you have Sanen, Thorvin, and a number of high end brands from Pune.

atmaram deshpande
Unregistered guest
can you give me locations of some dealers in pune whrer i can check out the speakers.however, as i said earlier i need 7.1 spkrs,pls give detailed breakup channel wise.
do we have Hsu research spkrs packages available in india?

atmaram deshpande
Unregistered guest
can you give me locations of some dealers in pune whrer i can check out the speakers.however, as i said earlier i need 7.1 spkrs,pls give detailed breakup channel wise.
do we have Hsu research spkrs packages available in india?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us