PS2 hookup / cabling question

Bronze Member
Username: Griffin_andrews

Post Number: 15
All,
I'm getting ready to sheetrock the media room but wanted to ask another quick question.

It appears as though most PS2 / gaming systems are designed to connect directly to one of the connects on the HDTV. This seems to suggest that the kids will have to sit on the ground in front of the TV to play (or, I will have to buy a 15 foot cable to allow them to direct connect to the TV...but, then sit away from the set).

Does it make sense to pre-wire connections to alternative spots in the media room where you could hook your gaming unit into...say...a wall mounted connection box that was near a couch / chair further away from the screen? This way, you could put the gaming system in a cabinet away from the screen...and work the controls from there.

Explain it to me like I was a five year old.

If so, what cabling / connections etc do I need to run to make this an option?

Username: Vexhold

Post Number: 2
That is exactly what I will be doing in my theater..

I plan on installing a wall plate for the RGB and Digital sound near the front seats that my Xbox can use. The only long cable you will need is the one that is in the wall/floor that run from wall jack to wall jack.. the PS has its own that you will plug into the one by the couch and a short one will be needed to go from the plate to the stereo.. hope this helps....

And yes its a great idea... I hate sitting on the floor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us