Plasma tv thru stereo

Username: Mojo

Post Number: 1
Hi, im new and at a loss. My so called home cinema isnt anything to shout about, its basically my normal tv going thru my Cambridge 540r amp with a bass bin which sounds great.It was connected using a scart to scart from dvd to tv with phono leads coming off the scart to my amp, the problem ive got now is ive bought a Panasonic TH42PE50PED and when i hooked it up i get sound but a load buzzing noise aswell. I thought the speakers may be too close (which i cant move)so tried the headphones to no avail. I ran some phono leads directly from the tv audio out to all inputs on my amp and still a big buzz. I cant think what else i can do, oh and my bass bin really picks up the buzzing.
Any help would be great,cheers

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1552
You should only run audio from the TV out to the receiver as a last ditch alternative. Try running the audio directly from the DVD player into the receiver and use better cables.

Your scart cables may be damaged causing the buzzing. With quality cables, you wont have those problems.

Post Number: 2
Ive run the audio from the dvd without connecting the scart to the plasma, it sounds great but as soon as i plug the scart from my tv to the dvd it starts buzzing. I bought a gold plated scart cable so am stumped again.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1563
It sounds like your DVD player wont allow you to use both connections.

My advice is to stick with surround sound exclusively for DVDs and your problem is solved. I personally have never once listened to a DVD through the TV speakers(by choice) as have many others.

For those who do, they typically run composits as the secondary audio connection without issues, and not SCARTS. Maybe it's a scart issue??...not sure Nobody uses SCARTS on this side of the pond as far that I know of so I dont claim to be the SCART expert.

I personally, would return the SCART and skip it all together.

Post Number: 3
I didnt mention in my previous post that my phono leads run from my dvd to my stereo and my scart lead runs from dvd to tv. When i play a dvd and dissconnect the scart (dvd-tv)i lose my picture (obviously) but i still have sound which is clear, as soon as i put the scart back in the buzz returns.

So im stood next to 2 grands worth of gear and put scart in,get loads of buzz, take scart out with no buzz, put scart in get loads of buzz.

Im glad i still drink and smoke or i`d be well stressed, well more stressed than i am at the mo :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us