Home Theater Setup

Username: Zonk1972

Post Number: 1
Here is my Equipment. I have 50" Sony Rear LCD with HDMI, Component,& S-Video conections, HDTV Tuner and cable card in back. I have Technics receiver(model 1050)with only S-Video good connection. I have Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder with Component & S-Video. I also will get Comcast HDTV cable box (DVI). What is best setup with video and audio? I want to connect everything through the receiver but, it does not have Component connection. Is there a way to hook up sound through the receiver for surround and then video through the TV or cable box? What is the best setup with my components?

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 858
Frank, there is no best. Your preferences count here. Suggestion only. For video, connect HDTV cable box using DVI-HDMI cable directly to tv HDMI input; connect DVD directly to tv component input. For audio, run digital cables from components to receiver if equipped. Otherwise, use standard rca connections. However, in the latter case, you will lose Dolby Digital decoding and playback options. You know those little paper booklets that came with your equipment? You might try reading them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us