DVD Picture problems

Bill
Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba 42H83 HD projection TV and a Yamaha DVX-S60 Home Theater System (built in DVD player). When i tried to play a DVD i rented, the colors on the screen are all washed out (sort of like a film nagative effect). I tried other DVD's I have watched in past but have same problem with them now. I have had system for 2 months and watched may DVD's with no problems untill i rented this DVD. Any ideas about what might cause this effect. Thanks!

john m
Unregistered guest
Bill, how is your dvd player hooked up to the tv?
Check your connections to see if any are lose. If your using the R-G-B connections and one is lose, you'll get the effect your describing.

Unregistered guest
I have an lg dm4941p dvd player.

I have rented 3 dvds - the first and third had the same problem, namely that the picture keeps cutting out and the screen goes blank. This happens throughout the movie, for some seconds at a time. Yet in the dvd shop the same movies play ok.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 383
very good chance it's the dvd player, I'm thinking you've checked the integrity of the cables and connections?!?

Unregistered guest
i have an lg dm4941 dvd player,
i have recently found out it plays only zone 2 movies... is there any chance of hacking this, or am i supposed to put in a chip?

Gary O
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC SV-S65 DVD/CD player that until recently worked well. Out of the blue the picture was diagonal lines. Audio is fine. Bought a new S video cable, checked connections, all tight, still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 28
I know this is old school, but just to make sure: have you tried connecting via standard rca-type video cable to see if the same problem exists?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us