HELP! set-up help needed.

Username: Lartomar2002

Port St. John, Fl. USA

Post Number: 1
First, let me say it restores by faith in mankind when ever I see someone freely helping an other person. I have tried to set up my equipment several times but, one piece of equip. or an other will not interface with the others. I have followed the instructions in the manuals but, still no joy. Following is a list of my equip:
TV-Sony Trinatron KV-27FS13(has audio/video input/outputs)
Phillips-(DirecTV) Satellite rec.-DSX5500
VCR- Panasonic PV-4522
Receiver-Technics SA-DX950
DVD-Sanyo DWN370
Speakers- Cerwin-Vega E-78
Sub-woofer-Sony (powered)
1-"s" cable
The rest are component type cables(red,white,yellow)
An assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Larry ps. I only have at the moment 2 speakers and 1 sub-woofer.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 159
Hook S video out of your dvd player and sat box into S video inputs "TV" and "DvD" on your receiver.

(I cant find your dvd manual so im assuming it had optical digital out, if not run coax digital)

Run optical audio cables out of both the dvd player and sat box to optical 1 and 2 on your receiver (they are labled tv and dvd)

Run Composite audio and video (yellow red and white cables)to the VCR 1 inputs on the rear of the receiver.

Run S video out of your receivers Monitor Output to Svideo input 1 on the rear of your tv

Plug your speakers into left and right "A" front speakers terminal, watch the polarity. Be sure to hook positive to positive and negative to negative.

Run a single rca cable out of the receivers "subwoofer out" to the subwoofers LFE input. if your subwoofer has stereo inputs and not a single LFE, put a female to 2 male rca Y-splitter to hook both terminals up.

If the receiver is new and you used optical audio for the dvd as well as the tv, you shouldnt have to change digital assignments.

If the receiver is not new or you had to use coax from the dvd player, you will need to consult page 12 of this manual to change the digital assignments:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/opermanpdf/sadx1050.pdf

Go through the speaker setup on same page and select 2 front speakers as large, and set none on all other speakers.

Now selct each input in series, on dvd and tv press the input mode button on the front of the receiver until digital is lighted on both. Make sure analog is lighted on vcr1.

Now select the sound field as Stereo on all sources, (dvd, tv, tuner, cd...).

Select the input 1 of your Television set.

Now you are done. Leave TV on input one and choose what source you want to look at on the receiver, audio and video will change as you select the different sources.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 169
After finding a pic of your Receiver, I see it doesnt have s-video switching, most unfortunate.

In this case you will want to hook your equipment up as follows:

Component Video out of your DVD to the component video input on your TV. component video cable looks like this:
Upload

Hook up your Sat box to your TV's rear S-video input.

Hook up your vcr to your tvs rear composite video input (single yellow cable over or under the red and white ones)

Hook your audio up to your receiver as in this diagram:
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us