Coaxial to 6xRCA(for 5.1)

Username: Hurst21uk

Post Number: 2
just posted before about this, can i get a gadget that takes the coax input signal from my dvd player to RCAx6 fro 5.1?

cheers

mark

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 141
Here it is... its the "flying cow" model.. for a mere $330US before shipping...

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/audio_toslink_adapters.html

OR you could buy a new 5 disc dvd changer with analog 5.1 output already built into it for $129US... take yer pick:

Panasonic 5-Disc Progressive-Scan DVD Changer - Black Model: DVD-F87K

http://www.bestbuy.com

Username: Hurst21uk

Post Number: 3
awww man! I have a DVD recorder so i dont wanna be splashing out another 80 quid on a dvd player! and 250 quid for a flying cow is steep too. What is the cheapest thing i can get?

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 149
The cheapest thing you can get is a new DVD recorder.

External D/A converters are the domain of the ultra high end audio enthusiast, and as such you are going to pay through the nose for them.

In fact i had a hell of a time findng an external D/A converter that had RCA outputs instead of balanced XLR's. Just goes to illustrate these are rarely used with Power Amps costing less than $4000 US

Your desires have crossed an invisible line and you have unwittingly wandered into a land of $30,000 monoblock amps, $25,000 pneumatic suspension disc players and $160,000 hybrid speaker modules

The primary use for these is to send digital decoding to the no frills Super amps of the world like Mark Levinson and Carver which dont have internal decoders and are made; not with convieniance; but audio purity in mind.

The only external decoders you will find on the market are going to be made with professional music mixing or the audiophile in mind.

In short, time to buy a new dvd recorder with a 5.1 analog output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us