Need input on new system

Username: Redsoxfan

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I am in the middle of trying to design a H/T system. I have been reading everyones input on different threads and was hoping that you could do the same for me. I am on somewhat of a limited budget but can always save money to get something better based on any recommendations. I would use the system 50%music/50% H/T. So this is the system that I have been planning...

Yamaha rx-v2500
JBL E100 Floor Standing
JBL EC-35 Center Channel

Now..For a subwoofer I have read that the HSU subs are great..Since I am new to this, What is the differece Between the VTF/STF models? I have decided that this will be the brand of sub that I will purchase.

Now...For surround speakers I am looking at the BI/DI Pole speakers..(Aperion 522d-ss, Polk Fxi5 or 3 or the Cam. Sound. S300) This is the area that I need the most recommendations.

I would appreciate any input(even negative). I just don't know if is good practice to use different speakers or stay with the same brand.

Thank you,
Tony

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 457
I have jbl speakers and unless you want it REALLY bright I would switch that yami for a denon or marantz to tone the highs down. I love my setup for movies but for music it is a little bright. I have that same center and absolutely love it, Great dialogue.As far as surrounds, I would stick with jbl to keep the same timbre. If you have room , use the e20 or 30's if not use the smaller ones (e10's). I have an older pair of jbl n26II's and totally revamped the insides, 12ga wire to and from the crossover, bracing and sound deadening on the inside, and soldered everything. I'll tell you that the sound coming out of those two is a very spacious and warm but still a little on the bright side (metal tweets). For the sub it seems like you are on the right track. Also I might consider not getting those towers and get the e50's instead. Save your money for the other things. Don't buy JBL from Best Buy , they rip your arms and legs off. try here instead www.onecall.com very reputable and I have bought from them twice.

Username: Redsoxfan

Post Number: 2
Hey Josh,
Thanks for the input. Are the e100 to overpowering? They are real cheap at JandR.com?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us