No Surround, RCA RTD 120

22Pixels
Unregistered guest
Hey,

I have an RCA RTD 120, When my XBOX, and TV are hooked up through the reat AV (Yellow, White, Red) inputs, i only recieve sound through the sub, left and right speakers. I searched google, wich brought me to this site.

My system goes from my XBOX, AV TV Input to AV TV Output to REAR AV INPUT on the DVD system.

DVDs play surround fine, im having a difficult time trying to get this to work however.

Both The TV and System Are RCA, and respond to the same remote.

The XBOX could optionally hook up to the AV inputs directly, but to no avail.

If someone could help me i would appreciate it, if i could help you back let me know.

If there is anything i may purchase to enable me this feature, inform me aswell.

Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 81
Hey 22.

You're Fux0red

You're lovely little RCA system has only an internal digital link directly to its own dvd player with no facilities to rout additional digital sources to the decoder.

You will only ever be able to listen to dvds in dolby mode.

Your best bet is to try to enguage a sound-field like hall or jazz or party or something to get a little sound out of the rears.

22Pixels
Unregistered guest
how would i do that?

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 84
after reading your manual:

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/NR/rdonlyres/311D9FC3-2960-42E9-A335-0456B2B21BED/0 /rtd120.pdf

I see that the only 3 sound fields available on your unit are changed by toggling (repeatedly pressing) your DSP button on your remote.

You will want to toggle dolby digital for a simulated surround when gaming and prologic when listening to DVD's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us