Username: Nixvet

Post Number: 1
onkyo audio video control receiver tx-sv373
jbl front spkrs lxe 770
polk audio center spkr cs101
sony active sub sa-wm20
36" magnavox ms3652S327
scientific atlanta explorer 2000 digital cable
I am sure I do not have the wiring and connections correct to receive the best sound/vid. Coax cable to SA explorer, then to TV. a/v cables from tv to amp. 16 gauge spkr wire from amp to sub then to stereo spkrs. Center speaker only works on pro logic setting. (solo).
Please give me details on the best setup for my system. I know it can sound better!
Thanx in advance.
George

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 68
Nix_Vet, try this:

Upload

Hook your av cables to your receiver, not to your tv. also hook your active sub up RCA to the receivers subwoofer output instead of speaker level.

hook your JBL's directly to speaker A outputs, not through the Sub.

Run composite video from all of your components, (Dvd, Vcr, Cable, Sat etc) into the A/V inputs on the receiver and run monitor out from your receiver to Vid 1 input on your Tv.

If you want to be able to watch tv without the system being on, you can run the RF out of the cable box to the tv and switch between channel 3 for no theater or input 1 for theater.

Username: Nixvet

Post Number: 2
Thanks Michael!
I hooked up everything as you showed. Much better sound. Now I can take advantage of my system and the digital cable. Truer bass, crisp highs...now I just need 2 rear spkrs and a HiDef T.V.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 316
Oh no, man you should have matching front loudspeakers that Polk CS 101 I bet it hasn't got the same characteristics has the two JBL LXE 770, matching is perfection mismatching is rich mans poor home cinema.

Maybe the centre channel has been taken out by the amplifier KABOOM!

Or it might be something new, although being a former cinema projectionist for two major cinemas although I seriously doubt that very much.

It's not totally new I will give you a blessing that you get the home cinema up and running again.

And give it some thought about a third JBL matching in the front and all at the same height, it can be done no excuses.

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 82
Np Enjoy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us