Setup Help! I'm an idiot...

Username: Althea74

Post Number: 1
This is harder than it looks....

Have a Sony HDTV monitor, HD Cable Box, DVD Player, and Denon AVR-3300 receiver.

I've hooked up DVD component video and audio cables to the receiver. Component video back out to the tv...DVD sounds great. Am having trouble getting sound out of the receiver for the cable however. There are currently component video cables and audio running from the cable box to the TV. I'm trying to hook up the the TV to the receiver using the audio out jacks w/ audio cables. Have tried multiple jack inputs to no avail.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 62
Try this config:

Upload

Be sure to use either optical digital or Coaxial digital audio cables.

note which numbered digital inputs you have hooked your cable box and dvd to.

Then press the system setup button on your remote, use the center/select button on your remotes cursor keys to toggle between selections (on most denon receiver this menu is visible on the composit of S-vhs monitor outs of the receiver)

When you reach the option for Opt 1 DVD realise that this is the assignment for your 1st optical digital input, you can use left and right arrows to chage DVD to the component you have plugged in there... If it is already dvd and thats what you have plugged in there, fine, press center select again to move on to Opt 2...

If your cable box uses optical digital then use it. assign this input to tv/dbs if not use coaxial digital

If you use coaxial, after scrolling through all the opt 1, 2, 3... you will arive at coax, adjust this to read tv/dbs.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us