Archive through January 11, 2004

Nickman
The sound is incredible on it, but I'm having a problem. There seems to be some distortion at the top of the screen (looks like a messed up VCR tape) sometimes. I'm starting to think its a defect. Or it may be my TV, since it's about 6 years old.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous
Push the central speaker little back. Magnets in the speaker must be distoring the electron beam in your old tv. You can try to place a phone book between them as well.

Nickman
I've tried that, but still doesn't work. I think it may have something to do with the hub of it all. Since the DVD goes into the hub, then to the TV, something may be wrong in the hub. If I hook the DVD player directly to the TV, it works fine.

Jeremy
My ps2 has optical out put for 5.1 will the durabrand system work with it.

Nickman
You may need to buy an optical to coxial/coxial to optical converter from RadioShack. You can scroll up for more info on it.

astro_chicken
jhon Bean get some batteries

AM
I am having a Christmas present problem. Last year I gave my brother a DVD player with Dolby Digital/ DTS surround sound output and S-video output (very basic) and this year I purchased surround sound speakers (5 speakers and a subwoofer). I did not purchase a receiver. Will he be able to hook up the DVD to these 5 speakers and if so how or should I shop for a new gift.

Anonymous
you should get a receiver, a decent one will run about 100-250

Sunny Next
Bought these online from walmart.com ($87+$13 shipping). The rear speakers aren't weak but they sound that way. You have to turn them all the way up, turn the front ones a little bit down and crank up the total volume. It will sound balanced that way. The bass isn't that weak because since the front speakers, the most powerful ones, are turned down to compensate for the more quieter rear speakers, the total volume is turned high, thus increasing the bass volume. The system is about 100 watt in total power. It is weak but when you turn it on it is loud enough to fill a bedroom or mid-sized living room. Hook up is easy but the wires can be longer and I've found ONE 'bug': The set sometimes turns itself off while I'm adjusting the volume for one of the rear speakers. This happens rarely and a simple press of the ON button on the remote fixes the problem. It's a great system for <$100 and I recommend it to anyone who's into surround sound DVDs but not into paying too much.

Anonymous
I bought a Durabrand Car DVD Theater System from Walmart. When I turn it on , all the words are backwards. Has anyone ever had this to happen? Can someone help me?

Anonymous
i like Duraband, cos it's cheap, DURABLE and good, like i mean what did u pay for it? if it f**ks up u can get another 1, u can get 30+ of those b4 u finish spending ur 3000th dollar, isn't that a good deal? u can buy 2 said and put 10 speakers in ur room, or 15, or 20, or 25.. etc blah blah blah, so f**k the guy who goes for klicpsh, long live the king, long live DURABAND, go go go duraband go go go, i love u , for LIFE.
it's so good i'll buy 1 set for each room in my house, and 1 set for my car, 5 speakers in my car, wow so GOOD u know no one ever has 5.1 in thier car... very good, awesome, fantastic!!!
buy duraband every1 and support CHINA's ECONOMY!!! FOR LIFE!!!

Astro_Chicken
I just bought th HT-400 a few days ago. Set up was very easy all cables were included. This system sounds very good for a cheap $79 Walmart special. I have had problems with duraband aka lenoxx produsts in the past but I decided to take a chance on this one b/c of the price. So far so good. I have noticed that it sounds much louder in stereo mode than surround. I think a bigger power supply would really improve its output. The bass is slightly boomy. But with a little tweaking of the levels it sounds alot better. I have it on classical and the bass and rear speakers turned up a little Rock seems to knock out a lot of midrange\midbass and doesn't sound natural to me. But I'm sure the size and shape of the room and speaker location has alot to do with it. Overall this system has lots of bang for the buck. highly recommended for those on a budget. If you already have a DVD player make sure you get the system rated 200w and not the 100w system b/c they are the same price right now.

jc_campa
I Have a Durabrand Home Theater HT-400 and I want to Know what sound, sound better on my Home Theater DTS or Dolby 5.1?

Billy Ray
I think you can spend a little more and end up with a far better listening experience. Check out:
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/products/story/0,24330,3456356,00.html
and
http://hometheaterinabox.com

Better yet, Google Home theater in a box.

PJ
I just installed the HT-400 system on a Mitsubishi HDTV, along with a DirectTV box and a JVC DVD player. The system works and sounds great. Now if anyone has a code for the Durabrand system for a universal remote, that would be great.

Anonymous
call Durabrand and see if they have the code

MPLS
Does anyone know the code to disable macrovision on the DVD player? I want to tape on VHS the DVDs I play but it does not record well at all..

I tried using a RF modulator but it still does not work...

Alex
hi all, my name is Alex and i'm the CEO of Duraband, i'm very glad u guys are showing interest in our products. Duraband is, as u may already know, a division of venturer and other known low priced brands for low budget consumers, we do not have a web site yet but we are doing our best in supporting our products thru mail and phone means. Although we do not usually provide very detailed instruction with consumer products, we are however trying to make them as easy to use as possible. If you have any questions concerning our products, pls refer to the product package for telephone support and enjoy!

MAMA
Alex - are you for sure the CEO? Assuming you are - I should tell you, I appreciate your effort in making these products. I can build a site for you if you want something basic and functional in about a weeks time..

bvs
hey guys. i got the durabrand ht-395 as a gift, and i like it. one thing though, mine came with an optical input. did i get a fluke, or did they actually start putting them on when ppl started compaining? also, thanks for the tip josh. made my system sound 1000 times better. one problem though, occasionally one of my speakers (usually rear, but sometimes front. no particular order.) will go out. i've disconnected and reconnected everything about five times and the same thing happens. any suggestions?

Dear walmart, I am a 40 year old mother of 3, 2 boys, ages 14 and 21, and 1 girl 16, this year, me and my husband separated, and my rent is $650.00 and my check was for &750.00 which left me with nothing as I had to pay a bill.
My three children have nothing for Christmas, and have outgrown their clothes, so they have no coat or boots for school. Mty daughter is a very special person, she volunteers, and helps out the elderly. I have no money for christmas this year, and have no food. I have tried every agency and they told me I was too late to put my name in for naything. If there is anyone out there who can help us , I pray to God above you will. I have nothing, i had to sell my furniture to get fod . My husband left me and that is the reaon for the big decrease in my check. I feel so hopeless, like a cloud is following me. I have concrete for a floor in my living room, and have no xmas decorations, as my neighbor had a flood and all my things were ruined. I had a nervous breakdown, and am now back to myself, but am very depressed over the coming holidays, how do I tell my kids, my smaller ones they won't be getting anything. Please, if someone can help me I will give you any information you need to verify what I have said to be true. Just look into your heart and help my kids this christmas, my heart is broke in two over this situation,
Sincerely Donna Mac Donald.

I do not go around looking for help but I am desperate, my e-mail address is bouncybrat@hotmail.com if anyone wants to contact me.
Thanks So Much.

I just purchased a $69 Durabrand HT-395 for my dad for christmas at the local walmart. I had originally gone in looking for the $49 Regent HT-391 that we had looked at in another walmart a week earlier and my dad kept eyeballing everytime we came within sight of.

So anyways, after checking out the electronics department to see if they had any in stock, and maybe one on display so I could get a better look at it, I came across the Durabrand HT-395 for only $20 more. After looking at the picture on the box and seeing it supported DD5.1 coaxial and digital I decided this was better than the Regent.

It wasn't until I got home and google-searched the Durabrand HT-395 I had just bought that I found the Lenoxx website and made the connection between the Durabrand unit I did buy and the Regent one I almost bought for $20 less. After reading the instruction manuals (provided on Lenoxx website as pdf files) I found I had indeed bought the better "Home Theater in a Box".

I was going to write "Now if only I had seen the Durabrand HT-400 (insert salivating sfx in DD5.1 here)!!!" but then I realized what is the difference between the HT-395 and the HT-400? Is it just cosmetic differences or something else added under the hood?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Sincerely,
Joseph

Anonymous
Are you stupid, try Klipsch www.Klipsch.com, look at the reference series you fvckin lushs' OMG lol you guys don't want to spend more than 100 bucks on a theater, i spent 100 bucks on my cable, LMFNSO...........HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, you all suck

jc
Hey Alex!
The "OFICIAL" durabrand home page is www.lenoxx.com here you can download the manuals, contact costomer service and more.

merry xmas dawg, buy durabrand and stay home wack off watching a p0rn0 dvd, very good idea huh? u betcha! (this is what i'm doing AH AH YEA AH AH AH AH IT FEELS SO GOOD... AH HA HAAAA AHHHHHHH... -_- ^O^ ~_~ (ejackulation) =:D ... etc )

Anonymous
My STS75E Wont play any DVDs! It just freezes right away, anything I can try before I send it in?

Anonymous
I think the HT-395 actually has an optical input and digital coaxial, whereas the HT-400 does not optical. I thought that odd seeing that the HT-400 has a higher model number. There is one more aux rca input set on the back of the HT-400 for a am/fm tuner. The remote is configured differently on the two units. The HT-400 has a "night" button, and different options on the remote. Not sure about the wattage.

bob
Unregistered guest
Are there any probelms with adapting optical to coaxial? such as sound degrading?

Unregistered guest
gao mut lun zhat yei ah? diu la sing, mo tzin ng ho lun mai, yiu mai jao mai ho lun d la, hai ng lun hai sin? le d gum gei tzap pai, mai ng lun mai do ba lun tzao la... hai... mo yei gong ah, lai ban hum ga tzan ho lun tzat yung, ng sai lun jor cui do mo hai yung la, lai wa hai ng lun hai la... lai dei goh goh do hai pok gai lai geh, hai tzai, hai lui, mut lun tzat yet do hai hai geh, ngo jun hai toh lai go lo mo gei hung foh... hei gun sin la!!! bye bye!!!

bdc
Unregistered guest
Hellow, I've also a problem with the remote control of the durabrand dvd-1000!! It works only times to times, and since a few days, it doesn't work at all! It's not a matter with the batteries, thanks astrochicken! Maybe Jhon Bean can help me.

Anonymous

To the Guy who spent $100 on cables:

You paid $100 just for cables? These people got a whole home theater, including cables, for less than that. Sounds like you are the one who is stupid...

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a question about watt on HT-400 and HT-395. HT-400 has 150watt max and HT-395 has only 100watt max. Does 50watt make huge difference?? I was thinking about getting HT-395 because it has optic input... someone please tell me if 50watt makes big difference in quality of sound or loudness. Thanks

Anonymous

Oh, another difference in the HT-395 and HT-400. HT-400 has DTS decoding, HT-395 does not have DTS decoding just DD 5.1, DD ProLogic.

DTS
Unregistered guest
"HT-400 has DTS decoding"

is this for real??? neither the manual nor the box seem to claim "DTS decoding".

*BUT*, i was able to play a DTS soundtrack from a dvd on my HT-400!!! what i wonder is, is it really doing DTS decoding, or is it some kind of a trick?

Username: One4love4truth

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if the HTF 400 will support a VCR, DVD and satellite simultaneously. I was thinking of having DVD go through VCR then realized that the Macrovision would mess that up. Looking at the manual online, it shows 2 connections, but not 3. I know I'm stretching the limits (I don't expect that much from a $89 system) but just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how to try this.

Dan
Unregistered guest
I bought an HT-395 yesterday for $69.76 at WalMart. It was a brand new shipment, with a 12/13/03 date on the box, but the manufacture date on the receiver was October, 2003. We got it setup last night and watched the Fellowship of the Ring SE and it was fantastic. I know the old saying is "you get what you pay for" but I wonder if that still applies here. For the person wondering about 100W vs the 200W HT-400, I find the dual digital inputs more than makes up for any wattage levels. The sound was more than loud enough for our modestly sized living room, and it could easily be heard 2 rooms away as if you were still there. It's loud enough to hear outside, but probably not enough so to annoy the neighbors. The dual digital inputs allowed me to hook up both my Pioneer DVD player (coax) and DirecTivo HDVR2 receiver (optical) as DD connections, which is more important than to be able to rattle any pictures off the wall.

Username: Dragonsfire

all i want to know is with this durabrand system from walmart.... is is it just as good as the ones there that are about 50 to 100 dollars more in quality and sound!?

Username: Rovert

Karen - Your DVD should hook up to the HT 400 not your VCR. The reason the manual shows only two connections is because one is video and the other is the digital coaxial audio. Macrovision is an encoding on a VHS video tape itself and doesn't have anything to do with your DVD.

Andrew - Its hard to answer your question because you would have to listen to each side by side. The Durabrand will sound pretty good for the price until you try to crank it. You will NOT get any "floor shaking" bass out of it but its not bad. Remeber, you get what you pay for. The more you pay, the better the sound quality will be. This is true except for the idiot with the Klipsch's that paid $100 for cables. What a moron. He probably also beleives his Split-Fire spark plugs give his car more HP.
It all depends on what you really want and expect out of a system.

Username: Soilsampledave

Does anyone know what inputs the Durabrand STS75E has? I'm hoping for 3 analog, but I suspect it is only 2.
Thanks

Username: Dragonsfire

Post Number: 3
David - thx for the info i guess ill try this system out and go up as i get more to spend on systems lol

pan
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking about buying the durabrand ht-400 system. Can someone who has it tell me if theres an input for cable into the reciever and how many of the red/yellow/white inputs there are?

Thanks

Username: Nerd_gone_wild

HHHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPP!anyone!?!? is it possible to plug my PS2 and DVD player at the same time?THANKS!

Username: Ody

Ht-395 has so far made me happy. First off I noticed the online manual at lenoxx.com was very well done and when I opened the box everything was very well packaged and the setup was easy. The speakers look the same but the insides are different. I used optical digital input and watch matrix reloaded and the sound was better than I expected. Nothing about the Ht-395 seems cheap but more or less inexpensive and so far I am happy (70$ at wal-mart.com) I noticed just now that putting ht-395 in standby mode the fan will keep running untill the unit cools off. The pro logic 2 worked really well. If you have an xbox get the advanced or HD pack and an optitical cable.

LocoOso
Unregistered guest
I downloaded and studied the manuals for the HT-395 and the HT-400 from lenoxx.com. I came to the conclusion that for my purposes the HT-395 was the best choice. This was primarily due to the fact that the HT-395 makes it possible to adjust the delay on the rear speakers while the manual for the HT-400 does not mention this capability at all. Unfortunately, when I went to 2 different Walmart SuperStores ... they were all sold out of the HT-395's. We have a couple of more stores here in town but the Christmas Rush has made me decide to wait until the rush is over. Both stores that I visited had the STS375E in stock but lenoxx.com does not have a manual available and I have not been able to locate any information about this particular model. I don't even know if the STS375E has any digital inputs ... other than the built-in DVD player.

Anonymous

Hi,
I bought the duraband home theater from walmart yeaterday. But I am not impressed with the sound. The rear speaker volume is very less and some noise or humming sound always keep on coming. Also as soon as I switch to sorround sound sound level goes down and I have to increase volume. Is it common with all the home theater systems or is it some problem with this particular system. The connections for audio goes from my dvd to home theater while video goes directly to Video-in of TV. Can some thing be done to improve the performance.

Unregistered guest
Ok for all you Durabrand and Xboxer's here it goes. I bought a Durabrand HT395 the other day and have had an xbox for my DVD player for a couple years now. We will not include a cost for the xbox. The HT cost me $74.62. Then I needed to buy the xbox AV advace for 21.39 and finaly a fiber optic digital cable and s-video for $20.00. All of thease prices included tax. When all assembled it sounds great. I am poor. Of course I would love to buy all the best stuff but for what I spent I think I got my moneys worth and then some. Thank you Durabrand.

Username: Willwillwill

Simple question. I bought the STS75E for my parents, but thier TV does not have the RCA hookups. Do I need to get one of those RF converters?

Unregistered guest
Hi, I just got the Durabrand LH-c6235 the other day and it was the last one they had at the store. I got the display model as is and it works fine, but the problem is it didn't come with a remote, a subwoofer, of the user manual. Because of all of this I got the system for a great price, but because I don't have the remote or the user's manual I'm not getting use of all of the functions. Does anyone know where I would be able to but the remote and either but the user's manual or download it off the internet? If you could e-mail me with your response at midnightsun1106@yahoo.com. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Island Guy
Unregistered guest
This message is for Michael Cruz. I recommend the HT-395. I bought one about a month ago and having the 2 digital inputs really helps. I have my DVD player hooked into the digital coax input and my PS2 is hooked into the digital optical input. It makes games that are 5.1 compatable (ie. NBA Live 2004, Madden 2004, Vice City) much more fun and since the digital optical is better than digital coax then I would just use the PS2 for DVDs. My DVD player has only digital coax and it does sound ok but the digital optical does sound better even though they do the exact same function which is to decode digital Dolby Surround 5.1 signals.

For anyone wanting to know about the sound quality of the HT-395 it really isn't bad at all. I've had no problems thus far and for my money I was really impressed!

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the Durabrand LH-c6235 has a universal remote code? Or do you have to put all the components in separetly, the dvd player, the vcr, the 5.1, and the tuner, and what would those codes be?

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if Durabrand has a code for the LH-c6235 for a universal remote or do you have to put in individual codes for the dvd, vcr, tuner, and 5.1, and what would those codes be?

Unregistered guest
Today for Christmas I gave my parents the Durabrand DVD/VCR combo home theater system, to upgrade their dinosaur system they currently had. They never even seen a DVD movie played. Well we got it hooked up and everything sounds great but the subwoofer is not working can anyone help. Is it hooked up wrong or is it defective? Please help ASAP! Merry Christmas to all

rob
Unregistered guest
setup code for universal remote. anyone??

Unregistered guest
I have purchased a durabrand 20' flat screen tv, Model # DBTV1020. The volume differnce between the 1 bar and the 2 bar is to great.

Unregistered guest
Hello guys I need to know if the Durabrand 7-Piece Home Theater Audio System HT-395 will connect to my computer.. it says on walmart that it will but i dont want to buy it and then not b able to connect it please help asap

this is the walmart.com description ( i added the !!!!!!!!!!!!! ... lol)
Amazing, full surround sound effects
7-piece digital home theater sound system is the perfect addition to TVs, DVD players,
!!!!!!computers and gaming systems!!!!!!!!!
Includes 5 satellite speakers plus 1 subwoofer
Supports Dolby Digital 5.1 and Pro Logic surround sound

LocoOso
Unregistered guest
Hello Rushdi. Yes the HT-395 comes with a cable for hooking to the Line-Out connection on a computer's sound card. It has a 1/8" mini-jack on the computer end and 2 RCA plugs on the other end for connecting to the HT-395's AUX or GAME stereo inputs. Of course, a better way to connect it would be to use a single coaxial cable with an RCA plug on both ends and use the S/PDIF digital signal if your computer has this connection available. If you want to use the HT-395's Dolby Surround 5.1 capabilities, you would have to use the S/PDIF approach.

Unregistered guest
Okay, first of all, I want to state that (sort of to prove a point to the "anonymous" moron who is flaming this thread) I myself am an audiophile. The $750 pair of speakers sitting at the other end of my living room should prove that. As soon as my old house sells, I plan on purchasing a new home theater system. I am looking at an Onkyo THX certified receiver and a set of Infinity speakers (roughly $2,000 total). Oh, and the fact that that person only spent $100 on cables tells me that he did not purchase very high quality cables. The cables for my future home theater system are Monster Cable brand and THX certified. They should come to right around $300. The reason I am posting all of this is to prove to that obnoxious idiot that value is usually more important than name brand and sound quality.

I just purchased the Durabrand HT-395 system. Honestly I did not expect much out of it but just wanted a cheap 5.1 setup for my DVD player. I have 5.1 surround on my PC, but it gets rather annoying having to watch movies on my computer just to get surround sound. The first thing I noticed, upon opening the box, is that the receiver feels very solid for the price. It feels rather heavy and well-assembled, and I did not notice any rattles or loose parts. I removed everything from the box, flipped through the manual real quick, hooked up the speakers, connected the optical audio cable, and fired it up. I must say that this system really surprised me. The speakers are loud and clear. The subwoofer isn't all that great but, since I didn't expect it to be, it's okay. Overall, I am quite happy with this system, and it will make a nice temporary setup until I can afford the system I really want.

I thought it would be worth mentioning that I haven't had any problems with the sound levels of the speakers. I think a lot of people are forgetting about the test tones and speaker levels. Before watching a movie, I used the test tone feature to check the levels on my speakers. I listened to it, made some adjustments, listened to it again, made some more adjustments, etc. until it sounded just right. For those of you who don't know, the goal is to get approximately the same volume level from all speakers, so the transition from speaker to speaker is less obvious when you are watching a movie. You don't want a sound coming from behind you at a low volume then suddenly getting a LOT louder as it moves forward...unless, of course, the movie is intended to be that way.

Anyway, I guess the main point of this post is to prove that this $69 home theater system must be pretty decent if it can please someone with my tastes. Judging by the grammar and foul language of "anonymous", I'd say they are nothing more than some foul-mouthed 13 year old kid who has never even seen a set of Klipsch speakers, let alone owned any, and who probably can't even afford this Durabrand system. Maybe they're just jealous of us Durabrand owners. Lol.

Wanda Beasley
Unregistered guest
I just gave my son a Durabrand DVD/VCR combo home theater system from WalMart for Christmas. We got his VCR hooked up and sounds are good. Had to put it on a modulator since the TV didn't have jacks. The problem we are having is that after we got it hooked up and put a movie in it says loading, and won't play anything. CDs play fine. Anybody have any ideas?

John
Unregistered guest
Ok, I have the Durabrand DVD with the surround sound, the surround sound works great when i have a dvd, but i want the surround sound to work when i'm watching cable tv too. Can somebody just show tell me what i can do, cause, i don't have any complicated cable box or anything. i just have basic cable coming through the wall into the coaxial input through my tv. so, can somebody help?

Anonymous

i got a durabrand suround sound system for xmas i hooked everyy thing up like it says DVD works great but it will only work thru the satilite tv for a sec or two then it goes to poping and sqeeling then stop working all to gether. is there something i am doing wrong

MPLS
Unregistered guest
Macrovision disable code anyone?

Teegan
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a Durabrand TV. I was just wondering if they are any good. How well would it work with a Sony DVD player?

Sailing Vessel Jesse James
Unregistered guest
We just bought the Durabrand DVD with the surround sound for our boat. We tend to go cheap on entertainment electronics because of the damp enviroment. The thing sounds and works great in this 35 foot saiboat. We mounted the speakers with metal corner braces hardware, strapped down the DVD player & subwoofer with battery holddown straps, went to sea and beat the system to hell and back for six hours. We came back into port & watched X-Men United. What a nice sounding cheap system!

Unregistered guest
Hi I seen someone else had a same question. But I must have missed the solution. My son is calling me for help. Heres the problem. When he plays dvd he only gets backgroud noise no talking. I live 90 miles from him so I can't go there and help. Thanks

Adam R. Stoffel
Unregistered guest
I also need the universal code for the Durabrand HT-395. Any help would be much appreciated.

JoeShmo
Unregistered guest
Greetings. Has anyone compared the HT-395 (Home Theater System) vs. STS75E (with DVD Player, Surround Sound System)??
I already have a low-end DVD player, but if I can conserve space/power by getting the STS75E, that'd be great, BUT I need to have the various inputs, because I want to control volume using only ONE remote.. Heres my setup:
TV only has composite-in (video+L/R).
Dish Network (301 rcvr has coax in/out, video+L/R out only).
Stereo VCR video+L/R in AND out (and coax in/out)
Apex DVD video out, coax out, and L/R out.

After everything is done, I'd like to still have a composite video in somewhere (for my security camera system)

I had planned on the STS75E (with DVD), but have heard people having problems with the surround ONLY working if its pre-processed (Left/Right from TV will not enable surround).
Does the HT-395 have this issue, or can it properly convert the stereo signal to extract the "back speakers"?
I'm not looking for any sort of high end thing here. For surround, I'm used to using the standard 180 degree phase adjust, and the sound you are left with is what should be played in the back speakers, but I havnt done anything with this 5.1 stuff yet.

AlexG.
Unregistered guest
bill65013:
The reason no dialogue is coming out of the back speakers is because mainly the back speakers are for background noise. Most, if not all the speaking done by characters is done through the center speaker in the front. Sometimes dialogue comes out of the left or right speakers, but thats done more for " dramatical effect" :P Rear speakers are done for background music or for movies like Two Towers, it adds action sounds: grunting, footsteps, etc. Hoped that helped.

Phillip F.
Unregistered guest
I just got the HT-400. I'm wondering if DTS tracks are 100% compatible with the system. There isn't an official DTS logo on the receiver, yet it seems to play normal. My question is is it really true DTS or semi-DTS?

AlexG.
Unregistered guest
I have the same question Phillip. What I do have is a DVD player thats decodes DTS.I have Predator on DVD, and it has the option of listening to the movie in 5.1 DTS instead of Dolby 5.1 . I prefer playin the movie in DTS because it sounds "cleaner"

Username: Jigo

I bought my HT-395 last Dec 26 at Walmart. At first, I was quite reluctant to buy this model fearing that I might not get my money's worth. I purchased it anyway and what the heck, I can always return it if I did not like it. I installed the system in my bedroom, connected it to my new 20" flat screen Philips TV & Cyberhome DVD... and WOWWW!!! the sound is just perfect. I got my home theater for less than $75, taxes included, and so with cables. I'm glad I did not follow the advise of the ANONYMOUS guy who spent $100 on his cables. He is indeed stupid. LOL!

Unregistered guest
Got a cheap Durabrand HT395. Seems to work and sounds pretty good. Does anyone know any numbers to input to a universal remote to operate the system, if only volume? Using a Dish Network DVR remote. OR does anyone know where to buy a couple of extra remotes ? Tried the company - busy signal and no email reply.

JoeShmo
Unregistered guest
jimwest: I found some "universal remotes with learning" on ebay for about $20. If they dont have codes for the device you have, you can just point your other remote at it, and "teach" it the commands you want.

Or, if you are like "anonymous" and have an endless supply of money, you can get a "Philips prontopro TSU7000" remote, which has a color touch screen that can be fully customized.. of course this little thing will set you back around $500 or more.

Unregistered guest
I just got a durabrand HT395 HOME THEATER SYSTEM from walmart and I cannot get it to work. I cannot get it to work on my tv or anything rather. I get a humming noise 100% of the time. I dont know what to hook it up to; i have a tv and a sat tv. Please help me on the connections.

Username: Jigo

Post Number: 5
nicholasbosch,

I'm pretty sure you have your system improperly connected. Did you read your manuals? Check the following:

http://lenoxx.com/manuals/ht395/IB-HT395-WM-E-073003.pdf

Unregistered guest
Thanks I figured it out finally after 4 hours. Thanks for your support I appreciate the help. Again, thanks and have a Happy New Year to you all!

Anonymous

Does anyone (especially "Anonymous") have any recommendations about what would be a decent $100-$200 receiver to buy?

Username: Krillinish

My personal conclusion about DTS on the HT-400 is that it is only semi-DTS. I've compared my official DTS system in my other room with the same DTS track on the HT-400 and it seems that any low/bass sounds in the rear channels won't be sent to the subwoofer. These low rear sounds DO have the bass sent to the subwoofer on DD on the HT-400 and on DTS in my official DTS receiver.

Username: Krillinish

Post Number: 2
Sorry about the double post...

AlexG, I guess that kinda explains why DTS may sound "cleaner" one the HT-400 It's because you may be hearing less bass because it's not an official DTS receiver.

Justalurker
Unregistered guest
Looks like a nice unit, and finding in Wal*Mart last night made my jaw drop. I've been watching the price drop but didn't expect $69. But I saw the Durabrand name and knew I had to Google before buying ... this page came up.

Thanks for the help guys. I have a house payment and would rather buy DVDs than spend too much on the speaker system. Seven years of STNG & DS9, plus three sets of Bond and many other series really adds up. It looks like this unit may be a good way to hear my StarTrek in 5.1 !

My only issue is the connections. It appears I can run the analog LR inputs from my DVD and still get "ProLogic Surround Sound". Is this a faked surround sound, or is 5.1 somehow encoded in ProLogic?

The issue arises because I have a TVGuardian bleeper box in line on my DVD output to keep the ratings honest and that doesn't do 5.1 pass through. (It does pass true stereo, muted on bad CC words, add CC on the video, and als outputs a mono CH3/CH4 TV Modulated signal.) Routing around the guardian is not a desired outcome.

Thanks for the manual link, and thanks for any valid answers to my question. :-)

JL

Post Number: 3
dolby pro logic surround is the old 4 speaker dolby surround thats encoded in most of your VHS tapes and is dolby surround on DVDs (think its 2.1)with a 5th mono channel. I would get a DVD player with an optical output. Dolby Pro logic 2 is the real deal I think dolby pro logic would work if the DVD outputs the encoded dolby surround thru l/r cables. I listen to music using the pro logic and it had all speakers working and I could increase the volume on the center speaker for vocals, (but its just a mono signal)

yagi_boy
Unregistered guest
Picked up the HT-395 yesterday after a lot of lurking here and checking out the Lennox web-site. Hooked it up to my DVD with the coaxial out and couldn't get any sound at all through the thing. Went out today and bought the DVD adapter and AV adapter for our XBox. Happened to already have an optical cable too.

Removed the old DVD, hooked up the XBox and this thing sounds really great. I'm more than satisfied with the sound from the DT-395. Hard to believe that I could get this kind of sound for around $115 total.

I know it's not the audiophile's choice but for the money this thing is amazing! Gotta hand it to WalMart, they do come up with some pretty nice low priced stuff.

Justalurker
Unregistered guest
I got the HT-395 last night and did an initial setup (tomorrow I get to hide the wires).

I had to turn on my DVD player's digital output (no sound on coax until that happened) and I may hook up the optical to my SIR-150 at some point. The aux input is connected to my TVGuardian (which gets its input from my DVD's L-R output, or VCR or DBS tuner L-R outputs).

I flipped back and forth between Coaxial and Dolby Pro Logic (using Monsters Inc as the test DVD) and was pleased with the results. Dolby Pro is cool!

BTW: Audio 3 on Monsters is the effects only, and during the opening credits they have surround placed effects of doors opening and shutting. Via coax and ProLogic the doors were placed well in 3D space.

The Durabrand seems to be well worth it's price. It is nice to get surround sound without selling a first-born son!

JL

AZ
Unregistered guest
Hello All,
A HT newbie here ... bought the HT-395 yesterday and have a few problems. The Coax did not work at all and I had to use regular cables from my DVD (Sony NS415) to the Aux on the 395 and it works but I'd like to get the Coax to work. Any ideas.
Justalurker mentions having to turn on the DVD player's digital output to get it to work. Can you please dumb that down for me? :-)

Thanks for all the useful information here! Helped me make my decision not to spend too much money and get the Durabrand!

lajfdlkja;lkjf
Unregistered guest
i got a cd/mp3 durabrand player at walmart and it says that it doesnt skip on cds for 60 seconds and mp3s for 120 seconds but mine skips while im just sitting. I cleaned the disk and the lens but it still skips. WHATS WRONG WITH IT?

Diego
Unregistered guest
Here's the web page for the STS75E DVD Player and Receiver: http://www.18002526123.com/products/sts75e/productpagests75e.htm .
I hope it helps anyone, I'm going to buy myself one of those soon.

Justalurker
Unregistered guest
Justalurker mentions having to turn on the DVD player's digital output to get it to work. Can you please dumb that down for me? :-)

My Phillips DVD player has it on the setup menu. One can set the digital output up in a couple of different ways, or set it to OFF. I orginally had it OFF, but had to change that to make my HT-395 work.

Check your setup screens and manual for you DVD player.

JL

Unregistered guest
I got HT-395 last week after seeing how incredibly cheap it was for a home theater system... I saw it at WalMart, ran home, made a "google" search, read some of the feedbacks here, went out and bought it. I have a GE DVD player, Motorola Cable TV Box, X-Box, all Dolby capable (although XBox says it is Dolby Digital, I haven't seen the orange Dolby light go ON yet) a VCR, I hooked up everything. I am well pleased with the results. Only problem is the humming noise of the subwoofer. I don't know how to get rid of it. So when you are watching something and the volume is low, the humming is a downside of the system. But I usually turn up the volume when watching DVD's or playing Xbox, so it doesn't bother me. For this price... man, don't miss it. I was even going to buy a second one and connect it to my computer (SB Live!) but I read that it causes problems, you don't always get the whole signal , etc etc ...

Get it while you can :-)

joerichardson
Unregistered guest
Does the HT400 come with a s/pdif cable? I want to hook my sound blaster live on my computer up to it, and I am curious if the cable(s) needed to produce surround sound with the reciever come with it or not.

Anonymous

joerichardson

The cables to hook up your computer do not come with the HT-400. You can buy a headphone jack to RCA adapter at radio shack for about $3.

Unregistered guest
Bushmaster78FS, you need the MS High Def AV pack to get Dolby Digital on the Xbox. You'll only get stereo or pseudo-surround (pro-logic) with the standard av cable. In addition to the av pack you'll need the optical cable to connect it to your home theater. You'll probably have to change a setting in the Xbox Dashboard to output the proper audio once the av pack is hooked up.

AZ
Unregistered guest
Thanks JL. I found it and it works great now.

Post Number: 4
Tip I copied is changing the center speaker. I have the ht-395 using a klh center satelite speaker upside down (another tip: tweeter on bottom for natural midrange) and it looks out of place but for sound I can live with it until I figure what to do, (paint it silver?) I suggest if you have a klh satelite to try this.

Deep Bhatt
Unregistered guest
I have an AMW DVD player from circuit city ($40 one) and now I bought a HT-395. the DVD player does not have coax outlet, so I was wondering if I hook it up through the normal audio cables of the DVD player, will it still work to the same effect or should I get a new DVD player with coax outlet. any help is appreciated

Glenn
Unregistered guest
Just got the HT-400, I have the same problem as a couple of previous posts - no surround sound in TV only mode. I have not seen any response/solution for this problem. Can anyone help?

Post Number: 5
No Deep, you want a dvd player with dolby digital and optical output. optical > coaxial > pro logic.

Dave
Unregistered guest
Ii recently purchased a Durabrand surround sound system and ran it through my VCR/DVD player. Also have satalite. Problem? I am having trouble getting much sound out of the 2 front satalite speakers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
There are a coule of systems that I am looking into available at Wal~mart. BUT, the question I have is about the sub-woofers. Some are passive and some are not. I think that's what they are called. Some are self powered and other not. Anyway, is there a sound difference between a self powered and non powered woofer?

Anonymous

I recently hooked up my HT400 Durabrand system, the sound is great for the price I payed for it. The problem I am having is alot of static from the rear speakers. It doesn't really sound like they are busted but sounds like a wiring problem. I have checked and rechecked all of my wires and everything looks good. This started happening after only a couple of days of use from the system. I have the T.V, DVD, and Digital cable all running through it and it all sounds good except for the static noise in the rear speakers.

Deep Bhatt
Unregistered guest
Thanks James. I am getting another DVD player. I have returned the one I had bought before christmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us