I need help making a choice.

Anonymous

I broke it down to 4 finalists for a surround sound speaker package. This would be used for both HT and music any thoughts on my choices would be great:
Energy Encore
Axiom Epic Mini
Athena Point 5 (and I would get a different sub)
Paradigm System 1

thx

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 338
my vote would go to the axiom epic midi, excellent staging qualitites with very nice details...then paradigm system 1, the atoms are nice but not paradigm's stronger speaker. A toss up between Athena .5 and energy encores...I would choose on which one looks better, because it is really hard to tell which one sounds better.

welcome to the audio world of difficult choices! have fun choosing, in the end it is you who will have to live with the sound. Good part is you have 30 days to audition them all, sad part is having to return the others.

cheers

Username: Alamoe

Post Number: 5
I have decided on going with this setup:
Athena AS-C1 center
Athena S.5 for rear
AS-B2 for fronts

and not sure of a sub yet....

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
not a bad choice. Try researching velodyne and HSU

cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
for subs, that is.

Post Number: 6
Going with the Velodyne CHT 12

Post Number: 7
Any thoughts on a reciever?

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
what is your budget and what kind of features would you like? DTS-ES, Dolby-EX, THX certified, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 channels? Are you leaning towards any brand?

Post Number: 8
I am looking to spend around $400 not really sure what features I would be interested in I will have to investigate that, most likely a 6.1 system. I really want something that will make these speakers shine. I like Denon and Onxyo as well has HK.

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
try this place,
http://ww2.onecall.com/SLF_51.htm
I would go with the HK first, then Marantz then Onkyo. You should have a few choices with the budget that you have.

cheers

matt2554
Unregistered guest
if you are still looking check out the yamaha RX-V730/740 both are very similar one is just the newer model. i have the 730 and it works great w/ my setup, i have a pair of Klipsh ksw 8.5 as my mains, JBL Ncenter as my center and JBL N28's for my surround. i do not have a subwoofer yet but i am considering the velodyne cht10/12. any thoughts on yours would be great thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us