Need help with new surround sound connections

Unregistered guest
Hello,

I just bought an Acounstic Solutions DS 1233 surround sound system. I want to connect it to my Sony DVD player. The surround sound system came with a coaxial cable (yellow connections at both ends) and a red and white lead (RCA I believe its called).

Now I have used the "test" feature on the speaker system and they are all working fine, I'm getting white noise from all channels. Now when I connect to the Coaxial output in DVD and the coaxial input on subwoofer bugger all happens, no sound at all. Same when I use the red/white connector between the VCR and the VCR ports in the sub.

I tried switching the to every channel on the subwoofer with the remote (VCR, AUX, Coaxial). My DVD player does not have the optical connector.

Now I figured that with the speakers working, and the lights coming on that it was the connection, but on both leads, to different appliances....??

I am at a loss, I have tried all leads into every connection with no luck, please help!!!

ChrisWhyte
Unregistered guest
WAIT!!!! STOP PRESS!!

Thank you SOOO much Paul. I just checked your other post you just made in another thread. I had to set up my DVD without a disc in it. I went to audio set up and set it to doldy digital.

ChrisWhyte
Unregistered guest
Hmmm I tried to post this before, but didnt work....:

Paul you are THE MAN!! I looked at a post you made on another thread, about making sure the DVD is set up to Dolby Digital, and not PCM, before playing a disc.

THANKS!!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1090
Happy Movies:-)

Unregistered guest
my friend just bought a goodmans surround sound kit, but his dvd only has 3 connections at back. white yellow and red. On back of wolfer it has 7 connections 6 for speakers and 1 for wolfer. we tried to connect to dvd puting black wolfer cable into yellow plug and anther cable into red plug and we get one speaker working. is there any way we can get all speakers working or does he require a new dvd or some other connection
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us