KEF vs. Orb vs. Aperion et al

Username: Dcenter

Post Number: 1
Im trying to set up a home theater and am having trouble deciding on speakers and receivers... I had been set on the KEF 2005.2 but have been reading alot of good things about the Orbs and Aperions. Can anyone weigh in? Ive got a smallish room (about 12x18), so Im not looking to spend a fortune - want to be in the $1500 - $2000 all in (speakers, sub, receiver). I was planning to match with a Denon, Marantz, or HK 6.1 receiver, though Ive also heard good things about the Yamaha RX-740. Not sure if that is powerful enough to get the best sound out of these little guys though, I feel like it might be an injustice to pair speakers like those listed above with a Yamaha receiver. Can someone help me make some decisions?!?!

Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 4
I have not heard the Aperions, but the Orbs blew the KEF's away. I have been loving a pair of KEF 103.2's for the past 20 years, but the size and inefficiency made me start looking. The Orbs sound fantastic - very clear and detailed. They are a sub/sat system, so they sound different (not better or worse) than my old KEF's, but the sub is great. I am using a Yamaha RX-V800 that is a few years old. The Orbs are very efficient, so a little power should go a long way, especially if you get the Mod2's. There are a couple of great posts about the Orbs on this forum that helped me a lot. I think there was someone else that compared the Orbs to the KEF's. They have a great no-hassle 30 day trial period, so you have nothing to lose except a few bucks for shipping.

Varit
Unregistered guest
Same deal here...I've heard the KEF and Orb and it's Orb by a landslide. They sound much fuller and have more detail. Havent' heard the Aperions, but if given the choice I'd go w/ the internet direct companies like Orb & Aperion, especially in the $1500-$2000 all in price range. Much more bang for the buck.

cooldebo
Unregistered guest
I am cotemplating between the entry level Aperion Intimus 422/S-8 and ORB Mod1 5.1 speaker systems. I came across same type of review results for both the speaker sets. Anyone having first hand experience with these two systems?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us