Crackling noise??????

Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 6
When Im watching TV,all the sudden it will make this annoying loud huming/crackling noise..then stop,then start again..Mainly on movie channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Disco_stan

Post Number: 80
Are you using a Digital Optical cable from your dvd to you main source? Either the dvd is dusty or you digital cable needs cleaning or you need a new one...buy online to get the best deals.

Here are some links: http://www.nextag.com/All~optical+audio+cablesz0zB4zttz5-htm

go on ebay and do a search; "digital optical cable" and there should be a bunch listed if you do mind to shop on ebay.

Theres my "Two Cents" hope that somewhat helped you out.

Post Number: 7
I got a digital optical cable hooked to my DVD player,going to my stereo. The noise is on the TV channels coming through my system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Well you are not going to the best sound quality from a tv broadcast reception. Maybe your your cables coming from you sat/cable source to your stereo are not shielded. Shielded cables do make a difference.

Post Number: 9
Oh,the actual audio cables im using from the tv to the Stereo are junky ones from wal-mart..But for the DVD player I got Component wires,and the Digital for audio. Will the audio cables make a difference in sound for just normal tv,or mainly the shielded part is what their desired for?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Im not too knowledgable about cables, but from what I read yes, better the cables, better the profromance to a certain extent.

But I dont want to give you any wrong information so check out this thread: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/13749.html and I'm sure it may help you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us