Home Theater W/cable box, tv, vcr, dvd????

Username: Sap67

Post Number: 1
I need help! I just purchased a Panasonic surround sound system w/5 speakers. The speakers are no problem...How do I connect the cable box, tv, vcr, & DVD player correctly? I'm confused about all of the audio in/out, SVideo, etc...Any advice would be very helpful at this point!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 331
I will have to refer you to Andy on this one and suggest you read you manual. Although it may look like greek, give a read and if still confused then get help. Don't be lazy though.

P.S. Andy I hope you realize that my point on the other thread was placement of your comment as a new thread which I thought was pompous. I respect your experience in this field.

Post Number: 2
I have the manual in front of me...I normally would understand this stuff, but there's no quidance on how to hook up the cable box which is still needed for ordering movies on demand and stuff like that. It would be easier if I could bypass the cable box, but I can't.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 334
Then tell me what inputs/outputs the cable box has first.

Post Number: 3
Cable I, Digital Audio, To TV, Audio OUT R,L,V & SVideo Out...
Does that help?

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 335
cable box>vcr>tv via coax, cable box >receiver via digital audio dvd>receiver via digital audio, if you only have one digital audio input you will have to settle for r,l rca from cable to receiver. If your unit has video inputs then use component(three rca type) or s-vid where possible with dvd being priority, then hook rec to tv via component (three sep rca's) ideally or s-video as next choice, your vcr sound will not go through sound system but go through tv, if you have another input for sound left after all this on your rec then go from tv audio out (if it has it) to audio in on rec and this will transmit sound from tv source such as vcr. This is just one way to hook this up from the little info you have given me. This all depends on too many factors so hope it helps. I base this on how little inputs those HTIB systems have.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 50
I agree with Joseph --
First what TV imputs does your TV has?
Receiver imputs?

Think of your receiver A/V as your command center and hopefully everything can be hook up to your receiver.

Post Number: 4
TV has ant in, r,l Video input, r,l audio to amp.
Receiver has digital in Optical(TV), OPtical (DVD), Coaxial, DVD in, center, surround l & r, front l & R, subwoofer in, SVIDEO for TV out, TV in, VCR in, DVD in, TVMonitor In & Out for video & audio, VCR In & OUt video & Audio, subwoofer out

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 337
so go with what I said then.

Unregistered guest
I have a cable box, dvd player, vcr, tv and a a/v reciever. The dvd and vcr are working well but when I'm watching cable I only get sound through the Front Left Speaker.

Cable->Cable Box->VCR->TV (1)

VCR (audio out)->A/V (vcr audio in) (2)

TV (audio out)->A/V (tv audio in) (3)

I tried disconnecting (3) above and running:

Cable Box (audio out)-> A/V (tv audio in)

with the same results. The cable box is a Motorala (digital?) but I have standard service. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Joe

Anonymous

try a cable descrambler from www.2005cabledescramblers.com with your analog cable.Good prices too

Anonymous

I have a cable descrambler that I bought from www.descramblers4u.com for $149.00 that included shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us