I can't hear TV channels with surround system

LURIA
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Panasonic surround system with DVD included. When I watch a movie on the DVD player or the VCR which I connected to the reciever I'm able to hear the the surround system. But when I watch regular TV I can't hear the surround system. Can someone help me please?

LURIA
Unregistered guest
Please someone help me!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 660
How do you have the tv connected to your receiver? Not all tv programs carry a surround sound signal.

Chester
Unregistered guest
My guess is your tv not panasonic. Vcr has audio output just like if hooked another dvd player. Basically these audio outputs go to receiver inputs and sound comes out surround system. Tv also needs audio output cables to go in receiver input. Go in tv menu and select audio out then sound goes from tv to surround. Have you sat. or cable box?

LURIA
Unregistered guest
Ok well my TV is a Sanyo and it does not have audio outputs.(I thought I read somewhere that I can change the inputs to outputs but I tried on my menu and I couldn't.) Since I live in apartments I dont have a cable box I have the cable service connected to the TV with a coax cable. My VCR audio out is connected to the reciever audio in. I guess I can try changing my audio inputs to outputs see if that works if not then I guess I will buy another TV that has audio out terminals.

Chester
Unregistered guest
For a long time I watched tv thru vcr to get surroundsound. Mine had not audio out either. Lucky my vcr remote controlled tv so was easy.

LURIA
Unregistered guest
Chester I tried that also, but then my VCR doesnt get all the channels. Only about 5. The few that it gets I do hear the surround sound. Its just to bad it doesnt get all the channels.

Chester
Unregistered guest
Unless vcr really really old should get all channels from direct cable from wall. Mine is maybe 6 years old and gets channels 2-99 on basic cable same as what tv gets. Maybe check vcr menu maybe re autoprogram vcr channes and check if set for cable mine defaults to air not sure why. If get to work has advantage if get mtv or music station. Can listen to music station and not turn on tv. Music comes out surround. If give vcr info maybe someone can help fix.

LURIA
Unregistered guest
Finally I got it to work!!! I can hear surround sound from regular tv. I had to change the menu option from my vcr. Thanks for your help Chester!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us