Onkyo LS-V955 or can i do better for ~$800?

Username: Catch22

San francisco, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Want a stereo system for a newly purchased (and kind of small) loft. Want to keep costs below $800 bucks. Leaning towards the Onkyo LS-V955. it has gotten pretty good reviews and I can get a refurbed unit for $530 online. Should i try the system (which looks very cool) or try to put something together myself for that price range.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Onkyo_LS_V955/4505-6740_7-30910222-2.html?tag=top

Also considering tha Sony DAV-FR9 and the Sony DAV-LF1 - both of which are a bit more expensive. I will consider them if they're significantly better though.

Also eyes on the ever-popular ht-s770, but the size may be too much for my small place & may not go as well w/ my recently purchased plasma.

Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 85
honestly, don't be like so many americans out there. Don't set $500 bucks worth of audio next to 4 grand worth of television...put some money down on audio, or don't get any.

Anonymous

Again it's not about price, your paying for the name..Go by word of mouth or look at many reviews about the item or items. Don't get caught with your pants down! Other words, "Don't be a Cyrus and fall for that BS, if it cost 4,000 dollars plus, it must be good song and dance routine." Businesses love to hear about how you spent so much money on their name alone, when the same company could be making the same product under a generic name for alot less...Happens all the time!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us