New system purchased

Username: Cluesless

Australia

Post Number: 1
ok, well I have a mini-system but I never play CD's. I decided to ditch it and purchase a 5.1 surround sound system. I checked out eBay and amongst the many dealer placed ads (where $25 postage is quoted as $69) I found this. I am really clueless when it comes to surround sound systems. I checked akai's website and there is nothing on these. Can anyone tell me if this is an alright system and what it retailed for? I feel silly asking after I have already purchased it! I have no clue as to the model number but here is what I know about it:

"subwoofer 30w front speaker power output 8w x 2 centre speaker power output 8w surround sound speaker output 8w x 2.power consumption 100w and power supply ac 240v/50hz"

)Upload

One reason I decided to get it is because it has a remote. I like the fact I can just lie in bed and turn the volume up and down because I am lazy. Does anyone know the model number and if it's an alright system? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Chris (my nick was meant to be "clueless" but I did a typo and it's now "cluesless"...)

Username: Cluesless

Australia

Post Number: 2
anyone have a clue about this system?

- Chris

Username: Dr_acemaster

Post Number: 2
Well Chris, my guess is you probably haven't been doing a lot of reading on this forum. To me, that system looks like first class POS. I'd be surprised if it was even worth the shipping. But I paid $1600 for my surround sound (speakers and receiver), and that's inexpensive compared to most here. Might want to check out the "home theater in a box" forum rather than this one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us