What speakers for BIG HT sound for $4000 ?

Username: Timox

Post Number: 1
I am wanting to upgrade my current HT setup completely starting with the speakers.

I would like some suggestions as to what are the best speakers for HT with BIG high quality sound for about $4000 for the fronts, centre and surrounds. I don't need a sub as i already have one that dose the job for now but i will be upgrading it later.

Room size is 9 X 16 foot.

Ok, so the speakers i have now are Kenwood floor standing fronts and Kenwood centre and surrounds with a Kenwood sub. All up cost $800 for speakers $600 for sub. Driving them is a Pioneer VSX-D811s AV receiver. I will also upgrade this to match the speakers later on.

I should mention i live in Australia so most brands you guys have i wont be able to get except for the major ones.

I am 60/40 movies and music so something that is more of a movie speaker than music. The music i listen to is more heave metal and dance. Think Metallica and Black Eyed Peas.

I was interested in the Paradigm studio 40s as fronts and 20s as rears with CC470 centre. Then i had people telling me that you cant get BIG sound from the smaller stand mount/bookshelf type speakers so maybe i should be looking at some floor standing types. I have the room for them and i am after BIG home theatre sound but still want the quality sound for the studio 20s/40s. Any ideas? I will get a better receiver for whatever speakers i choose and match it with them so don't worry about that.

Fire away........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us