Only 1 audio out on my old VCR?

Anonymous

Never seemed to be a problem before when I just ran it into my TV via coax but that connector isn't available with my current setup. So I tried using RCA's but there is only one audio out jack on my VCR and it sounded like crap on my TV. So I tried using my AUX2 audio port(s) on my new HTIB but as I feared, one jack, I only get left or right channel (speaker), depending on which one I plug it in to obviously. Am I missing anything here? Have I only been getting mono out of my VCR all these years? Of course I lost the manual to the thing years ago.

Username: Audioking

Post Number: 2
Your VCR is mono as you suspected. Some components will automatically split a mono signal when you plug into into one channel or another (usually the left).

You will not be able to get the most out of you HTIB however because a hi-fi or stereo VCR is required for surround sound.

I bought a sony hi-fi VCR a while back for less than $100 so that is my advice to you.

Hope this helps...

Anonymous

It does, thanks. Kinda what I figured. Don't want to buy another VCR but VHS tapes for the kid are still so much cheaper than DVDs. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us