THEATER INNOVATIONS SCAM

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through November 21, 2005HighSpeedDeth100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

idiot#2818912383
Unregistered guest
Scratch one more idiot. I bought a pair in England. Managed to get him (long grey hair, 'tash) down to £160.

Ill say it again. Im an idiot.

Don't know what to do with them now. Might just dump them somewhere in the street.

david_50
Unregistered guest
Same in lincoln park/lakeview chicago area ti440 model started at 800 went to 400 i offered 50 bucks he walked away empty handed. i run klipsh and nakamichi in my house need ti like i need another hole in my...... 445pm 12/06/05

BirminghamStudent
Unregistered guest
IN Birmingham UK my uni flat mate got dun last week, £160 he paid for them, they got him on the way back from uni, so they probably got a load more kids to buy them aswell...
weve bin running them everyday since (pretty much) and so far theyve bin alrite, through another flatmates decks there ok compared to his reputable 300watt speakers that cost him far more than that., and if they dont break in a week, cant really complain, got what u paid for (ish) just not the awesome bargain you thought,

pi$$ed off
Unregistered guest
Watch out they're in Cardiff, Wales. American goatee dude and south London scally-I presume from the post above that they're going for students here also as it was by uni that they got me!
Guess its false hope that they are worth much soundwise regardless of the above positive posts

Unregistered guest
I just ran into the exact scam....White Van...Double order, "beer money", has only 15 minutes or he looses all his money. I live in the chicago, IL around schaumburg area...My buddy got hit the same day! He had about 5 in the back. I paid 180....anyone try selling on ebay?
Kinda nervous to try...

Unregistered guest
After working building a friends house from the ground up for over a year, for my bounus I was given a TI-6000T. What a joke, first there was no bar code on the box, nor warranty!! It was sold from a truck by two jerks and they sold two of them for $200 each. I wasn't there or was in the house working so I don't know what they looked like but will find out now that I've found you people. Sent lots of stuff the the page and got a no sender, or what ever back. I spent more time setting those things up than I care to say. They seem heavy with weighted speakers and such, so why can't they work? Lot's of work for just fuff. Must be chain gang stuff from China. Let us stop this crap and contact all the "protectors" of us, the next box may have a bomb in it. Now I know that I'll be on the list. From Calif.

Anonymous

My husband and I got a TI-440M(speakers) and TI440R(receiver) for christmas. We tried to hook the stuff up and it's not working. We think the reciver is junk. Has anyone ever gotten these things to work correctly??

Username: Mike234

Post Number: 1
I bought the TI 440 for 200 for this guy Richard White said he was from Sacramento its pure garbage the reciver looks like its from Toys R Us beware of this scam artist

Username: Bombomchileno

Smithtown, Ny Us

This happened in long island.. Same white van..They had a lot of speakers in the box called tower speakers and only one box of ti-6000sd made by theater innovations. They stared at 1200 and i wroked my way down to 400 and got it..I hooked this up in ma house and it workd perfectly fine , the sound is awesome ...Guys i think you just have to try hookin this up..Also if ur backspeakers are not working make sure u setup the dvd to sourround syste,m that was the only problem i had..I had these for a month now and my family loves and and so do i..If a got scamed i learned already..Let's keep on moving with ourlives and warn people who we care about, about all these thats out there...u can email me at carchaplin@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Well, I FINALLY hooked up the 4 satelite and the center speaker from my TI-4000. I got a Sony subwoofer on sale at bestbuy (SAWM500 for $113). The combo sounds good (especially the sub). I got duped, but I guess I got a system that sounds ok for a good price. I have no idea what to do with that non-powered "subwoofer". Too bad, it looks kinda nice...

bostonguy
Unregistered guest
these clowns were in the everett/madlen,Ma area
on thursday.same white ford van,same junk,same story.....

told him to piss off that he was selling bullshit systems...
loser !!!!!

bought n paid for
Unregistered guest
Yeah I bet you told them that as they were telling you how smart you are and that you have an eye for quality.

You probably just didn't have the money or bought them and don't want to admit it to us suckers. Why else would you be here, clown?

Jeff the drunk
Unregistered guest
Ha ha aint that the truth. Why post here if you haven't been scammed yourself? To protect us? ha ha ha. These threads are as good as Leno, Letterman and Howard Stern.

Anonymous

LOL, just looking over the list of comments, a friend of mine lent a friend some money for the TI-6000t set(purchased at a store in Orlando, FL orignally.) I'm looking at their site and it's very poorly done with outrageous prices. By the limited details on the system it seems to be around 50-200$ as a new system w/ sub & speakers, never heard of the company before though. I was going to contact the number in the catalog and find out if they are a warehouse or something. As for the guys going around and selling this stuff I find it amazing they are not in jail now. If you get scammed, sucks to be you.

rockneedsasavior
Unregistered guest
Some guys just came into the eBay drop-off store where I work. (Hickory Hills, a suburb of Chicago, IL) and they had the TI-6000T speakers. I wanted to sell them, but there were only 2 on eBay. I then Googled "TI-6000T" and this thread came up. We all had a laugh thinking about some of these responses.

He said some guy sold them to his sister out of a van. They got taken. Now I know.

SOOO F'N PISTD
Unregistered guest
I GOT SCAMMED ON NORTH AVE IN CHICAGO LAST NIGHT FOR $200 BY A GUY IN A FOURUNNER THE ITEM WAS THE TI6000T

Rodger Lodger
Unregistered guest
About 8 years ago on a highway in New Jersey a van signalled me into a lot and offered to sell speakers "stolen" from a loading dock where everybody was "drunk", etc. I was ashamed that I listened for a minute, instead of 10 seconds. They told me these were a fairly high-end brand sold under a different marque (which actually happens in the US, at least). Of course I didn't buy and I was pissed off they had taken 3 minutes from my life.

Anonymous

Hauffman way better !!!

Old Guy
Unregistered guest
I bought a pair of RAS 3000 speakers from a dude in a van. He said he was an installer and was building out a new night club system, loading dock had given him an extra pair, blah blah blah. I think I paid $50 each. Here's the kicker - this was 25 years ago! Know what - I still have them, they still work. That said, scams are everywhere. Too goo to be true is just that.

Rastabone
Unregistered guest
Stop lying.

Besides if it was a scam why did you keep them for 25 years. Where's the scam?

nephew
Unregistered guest
Does anybody feel like they got what they paid for?? If compared to other 400 dollar speakers, how are they??

Unregistered guest
Wow,I just got this sick feeling after reading some of these.A similar thing just happend to me today(02-13-06),like some i wanted to see how much these speakers were onlin.Two guys in a white van pulled up next to me at a red light asking if i wanted these speakers.pulled into a Home Depot to check it out.They wanted $600.00 for two Millenium MTS-2605 speakers.they even showed me a magazine with them listed as $799.00 ea. I haven't even hooked them up yet.I felt it was def odd and very spontaneous of me to even buy into it but they look nice sowe'll see how they work.I'll be sure to post more info after i try em out.

Anonymous

i put the s**t speakers that i stupidly bought on ebay. Felt kinda bad if i was gona try and rip off someone coz now i know exactly what it feels like. I put a seriously marked down price on what I paid. I wrote everything about them that I could. Some guy knew all about this forum and still bought them off me for £100 for the pair (considering I just bought them for £300). He gave me an excellent rating and loves them. Theres nothing wrong with selling them as long as you dont try and rip people off like the speaker f***s did to us. Id still love those guys to try and sell me those speakers again, Im sure itd be the last time they did it.

Floridian Girl
Unregistered guest
I need an electronic volume circuit control for the Model TI 440R/TI440M THEATHER INNOVATIONS. I tried the number on the website, but it is only a fax. I faxed several times as well as email. Can anybody help with that spare part ???
Tx

Username: Musicallowb

Post Number: 2
Theater Innovations....

Okay.

Let me help everybody out here. Whether the sale of these audio products is a scam or not, the bottom line is that the products are TERRIBLE. I have been approached by the guys in the van in front of Circuit City several times. I have a friend who actually purchased a pair of T-1650 speakers from one of these white vans. He was not happy with them after getting them home and trying them for himself, and on a pretty decent system, I might add (Harmon Kardon products. Not the best, but good enough).

I heard them myself, and he asked me to take the speakers apart and check them out. Why, you may ask, would I be qualified to analyze these speakers? Well, I'm a professional audio engineer and musician. I have built speakers myself. And I've checked out Theater Innovations' "website". Here are the posted specs for the T 1650s:

System Features:

400 Watts * High Efficiency 7-Way Design
High-Gloss Piano Lacquer Finish
Max SPL: 100 dB
Custom Crossover Circuitry
True Stereo Imaging
Signal To Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
Channel Separation: 70 dB

Let's break this down real quick:

400 watts 7 way design. There is no such animal as a 7 way design. Why would a speaker separate sound into 7 different crossover frequencies? That's just stoopid on so many levels. I remember back in the day Infinity speakers had these huge speakers that cost thousands of dollars, and they had at most a 4 WAY CROSSOVER!! Do the figgurin'...

High Gloss piano lacquer finish. Looks good from the outside. I'll let you guys know what I see inside in a few days.

Max SPL 100 db. SPL is a measurement used for speakers. Check.

Custom Crossover circuitry. That can mean anything. A $2000 pair of speakers should have a little more detail on their website about the workings of a "custom" crossover. Hmm.

True stereo imaging. Another phrase used to describe speaker performance. Is it true for these speakers? No way.

Signal to noise ratio. Uh...that measurement only applies to electronic equipment, not speakers. Hmmm again.

Channel separation. SPEAKERS DO NOT HAVE CHANNEL SEPARATION!!! That measurement applies to amplifiers, tuners, receivers, etc. NOT SPEAKERS!

So, we have $2300 speakers for sale, online (and at a white van near you), and you can't hear them. So, where are the important specs? Like...oh...FREQUENCY RESPONSE?! CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES?! IMPEDANCE?! RESPONSE CURVES?!

Scam? Judge for yourselves. Go check out other REAL high end speaker websites, such as http://www.nhthifi.com/products/four.html.

These things are laughable, and I haven't even opened them up yet. More to come...

Username: Anyofus

This scam is going in Allentown, PA. Just an hour ago the guy got me in parking lot and said double order ... and only $400. Luckly i have internet in my PDA phone, i told him i want to check this product in google. I got this forum link in the goole ( innovation SCAM), immediately i told him i do not want to buy. I was thinking of calling the cop but this guy disappreaed very quick.

Thanks to this forum.

Username: Nzmetal

GreymouthNewzealand

hey im from nz visiting london stayin in twickenham i wuz on my way 2 the tube nd some dude ran accross the road from the infomus WHITE VAN!, 2 talk 2 me he said he double orderd speakers the TI1250 nd he wantd 2 flick em off cheap he startd at £900 nd i told him nah 2 much nd that i had no money, i said id give him £200 bcause they looked rather good 2 me, the sick mofo took me back 2 my house and i bought them! i checkd out what they wher worth on line nd found this. FU*K if i see them agin it will b rather intresting! SO BEE ON THE LOOK FOR A YOUNG SHORTISH BALD ENGLISHMAN AND HIS MATE A BIGISH AMERICAN DUDE IN A WHITE TRANSIT VAN!

Username: Bob1812

One guy white van followed me into my drive way, offered the TI5100 model for $450, payed $200. then day later found this website...Pissed right OFF!!!

Username: Chicago_101

Aurora, IL Du Page

well I got scammed today, two guys pulled up in a light brown suburban with logo shirts on saying soundesing, telling me that there order got cancled at a bulder sight cause the house was not ready yet, yes i fell in for there crap an bought the T1250 both for total $400 and a TI6000 for $250, and they gave me 3 year warrenty with it, lucky for me i got a recipt plus a # to the soundesinge in downersgrove, i called there and spoke to a frank who states he is the manager, told me and my husband to make an appt to come by there and he will show us how the speakers work, but no, i am taking my recipt and the speakers with me and demand my money back and if they don't pay me the cash back then i will call the cops.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2248
I just see a juggling clown riding a unicycle when I read these.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7584
Upload

I love the revenge plots.

Username: Enogma

UK

i got done in Reading, UK. i regretted in the moment i walked in the door. i had paid 200 pounds for two floor speakers that were blantantly not what they said they were. I put them on ebay immediately and then decided to fone the police to report it after seeing this forum. felt better after that.

Next day the police fone me and tell me that the two who sold me these had been arrested before and released without charge because everything added up. on hearing this i thought id see if the speakers were wired up internally, they were. i then realised i could use some unused car speaker wire to see if they work... they do. teh sound quality is good, the bass is good and the build quality is good. for 200pounds out the back of a van im happy.

ive got plans for these.... install car audio speakers, connect to a indoor amplifier (not car amp)and make two 600w RMS beasts.

UK

wot i didnt say is that they are unamplified and the wires can probably take about 60watts max.

The subwoofer is running of the same signal as the rest of the speakers, but appears to still generate bass well.

im simply looking at the plus side at a embarrasing situation.

Im heavily into my music so the fact these towers are built fairly well leads me to belive they will make a nice base for a indoor sound system to match, if not surpass my cars.

Username: Jimthefrog

So, Enogma, is there any point in contacting the police? And don't ask me what I was thinking, but I ended up getting stung for £500.

UK

Post Number: 3
nah, there is no point really. they cant do much and they seemed to be semi-threatening me with punishment from buying from these people. Yes the concept of buying speakers at a apparently heavily discounted price is suspicious, but is a result of human greed. The situation those people put us in doesnt allow for thought.

i think these speakers are quite good, have you wired yours up? to be honest i dont think they are worth 500, not even 200, but they make a hell of a lot of moderate-high quality noise and appear solidly built (i had a peak inside both the sub and main compartents to the tower). judging by the hesitence of the sellers to accept 200 i was not far off the whole thing becoming unprofitable for them. did u get hte 1250s?

Username: Jimthefrog

Yep, TI-1250. How bad can they be? I was thinking of keeping them - I bought the speakers because I've long thought about getting a nice sound system, but not for a few years yet - but I don't yet have the other necessaries (leads, amps, etc) and I can't be bothered to get them yet (I've already spent quite enough money!), so I think I'll try to sell them to someone.

UK

Post Number: 4
u can get the leads quite cheap from halfords or somewhere, im using wires from halfords. i havent amped em up yet but even so they make one hell of an amount of noise. In all honesty id keep em if i was in ur shoes. someone in work came up with a idea that these speakers are actually worth a significant amount, the quality of build and sound suggests so. Obviously its ur money but i would suggest not selling. THe negative side ist hat if you were to amp em up i dont think ud get the most out of em without re-wiring them. i think all speakers combined are 300watts peak, but not RMS, the wires are to skinny.

Username: Hit_man

Our son a student at De Montfort University, Leicester got scammed for £360 in early April for a pair of T1-1250 speakers by a very pushy white van man right outside the uni! Cheeky b*****d even persuaded our son to take him back to his digs to show him that they worked! Well, one did as the other's box was still sealed. He even gave him the web site to check out; which of course it did complete with all the spec and photos! Then the shiester accompanied him to the bank for the cash. It's his own fault he's 19 and very green but decent and honest and only bought them in error with the best intentions for a project being built at home. But here's the rub; on that very same day on e-bay a pair of identical speakers were being offered for auction with exactly the same information, internet photo, and strangely one box sealed and the other open just as white van man's.When we asked the seller a simple question that evening about them they were removed instantly with the explanation that the listing was ending early as they were lost or broken.Coincidence or what!!!If this is you and you're based in Crewe just be careful when crossing the road. The net is closing in........... STUDENTS ESPECIALLY BEWARE.

Username: Dumb_student

Im a student in Nottingham Universtiy. I got 'scammed' for £150 for one of these TI-1250 speakers. Not sure if it works yet as I havent got the leads but the dodgy londeners were very pushy. Im 22 and fell a bit stupid for buying them but I reported it to the police and trading standards. Looks like they're doing a circuit around the UK, Portsmouth, Reading, Leicester, Nottingham.
My advice is, don't buy stuff out of the back of a white van, especially one with WV02 RYR registration. If you do, remember as many details about the van and the people as you can. Ill post later to see if the speakers work.

Sorry to hear you got scammed Will. No doubt like our son it came out of your student loan. We all learn the hard and expensive way! On reflection after being duped most people feel dumb & stupid but remember these guys are well practised and have degree in deception. Sometimes when its you being badgered and intensely pressurised you can't see the wood for the trees! We wired them up to the tv the other day and they actually worked - don't sound too bad either! but the question is for how long?

UK

Post Number: 5
I dont support deception or pushy sales but since ive landed up with these speakers (2 x tl1250s) ive got to say these ppl have done me a favour.

Robert and christine, there is no way a speaker can suddenly stop working, there is little to go wrong. Considering the speaker build is quite good, in fact the sound quality is moderate-high there is no chance of them suddenly goin wrong.

Mine have been tested on full sound levels and dont distort, they hold the bass nicely even at very low frequencies. Admittedly speaker life mite be 'interesting', but as already mentioned they seem quite good quality. I think, as someone has said in this thread, u must accept they are dodgy but untraceable, but actually quite good... after listening to them for a few days i dont feel scammed at all. i almost feel like they did me a favour.

Username: Vje

I just got scammed today, 5/4/06, by a white kid with a lip ring, in a Green Kida Van, Lic# 5HFE840.

I am usually the last one to fall for a scam, and I must have been out of my freakin' mind when I got these. I actually thought this kid was having a hard time doing his job, as he said that he just got done with his job, installing these things, and worked for Circuit City, and his boss put one extra in his van by mistake, and all that was going to happen was that his boss was going to take it home, himself, and keep it, and he looked pretty sincere (yes, I'm a sucker for helping people, underprivie'd people of all walks of life, and this is the price I pay for trying to help out).

He, at one point, appeared that he was going to give them to me, but I told him I'd give him $120, thinking that it was not necessarily illegal if his boss was going to take the speakers home anywawy, as he elaborated on his boss, and how he would take everything.

Anyway, long story short, I really thought I was helping this kid, and when I got home (woudl you believe I forgot my friggin' Treo at home? Otherwise, I would have looked up these speakers right on the spot), my blood was boiling.

Well, at least I got the license plate of the vehicle he was driving, and unless he stole it, I'll eventually track him down.

If any of you can help me with the information I have posted here, especially with the license plate (hopefully, this belong to this guy's parents, or something, who would be willing to pay me back, and take these speakers back), but I know that's wishful thinking.

I had no idea this was a scam. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hopefully someone will spot this guy and see this page, and know to stay away.

UK

Post Number: 6
have you tried them? if you havent and are into music you might find (with the tl1250s at least) you have got some speakers whose power output is not as stated but whose quality of build and sound is far greater than what £100 would buy you... i thought exactly the same as you at first, seriously try them.

Username: Themaster620

There is only one way to stop these guys and that is stop their customers, stop the customers you stop their money, no money no more business. The only way to do that is to let people know about this little scam. I think it would be a good idea to contact watchdog in the UK and any anti fraud organisations, even putting up leaflets up in your local newsagent would be a great help. If anyone knows any way of getting their website off search engines, it would be a good idea to try. If anyone knows anyone in the legal business maybe they could find someway to get legal action against them or at least get the police invovled. I think something has to be done, we cant just sit here and allow them to scam more people out of their hard earned cash!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7900
Yeah...go get 'em!

UK

Post Number: 7
well the trouble is is that the UK reading police said they had pulled over thesee guys before, they had been arrested adn released without charge... they even had speakers on em... everything added up apparently, whether the police were simply seeing if i would sell them on (for some reason i told them that i planned to sell em on ebay before i realised that they were probably stolen... they are now off sale, despite their quality i dont wana be a scammer myself) or whether this is true it seems that the theatre innovatiosn organisation is well covered, otherwise they wouldnt make their own boxes adn friggin cellotape.

what about false advertisement? These speakers are clearly not worth $2000, giving an MSRP of $2000. Isn't that illegal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7926
They are not advertising, they are giving you a price. False advertising is when they claim it to do things that it cannot or make claims about it's construction or materials.

Sure they are not worth that much, but they can pretty much sell it for any price they want. Once they make someone think that they are getting a whole lot of soemthing for nearly nothing, they get excited.

Problem is, they appealed to people's greed and their perceived bargain. Once they coax that greed out of somebody, it's all over!

If they do get arrested what are they going to charge them with?

I don't expect them to get arrested, i would like however too put an end to their business...

Technically I don't think these people are breaking the law. It's sharp practice and having the nerve to do it combined with no conscience. As long as they file a tax return with the revenue (ha ha) don't think they are breaking any laws! Nice if the revenue could get them by the balls as they certainly have every body else by them!!

Enogma,
Yes, I just tried them the other day, and they do sound nice, when the tuner isn't clicking off. I'm trying to determine what that is (when the tuner clicks off, almost like a circuit breaker, and it only happens when the TV displays lots of sounds, like an explosion, or something). I'm guessing that maybe there's too much power going somewhere, and if that's the case, I hope it's that the tuner isn't able to push as much power to the speakers as it needs.

Then there's the setup part. I'm a dumbA$$ when it comes to hooking things up. I can hook things up, but I don't RTFM, I just plug away, and re-adjust until I get the setup that I want, and then put everything back into place.

The main sub (assuming it is the sub) has 8 pairs of connectors in the back. What does that thing need 8 connectors for? And, these don't require power? I thought they would, but they work, nonetheless, with the exception of the clicking out by my tuner. My tuner is old, cheap, and half of the channels on it don't work (got it off eBay about 5 years ago, and didn't realize at the time, but I got someone else's busted tuner, and by the time I realized that I had been jipped, it was too late to do anything about it).

So, I'm in the market for an economically - decent - feasible tuner. Any recommendations?

I read in this post that the claim on the box is false for this set of speakers. I hadn't had a chance to compare the numbers (on the box, and then on the back of the speakers), so I will do that and post as to whether or not they match. But even if they do, if they are able to put the false advertising on the box, wouldn't they be able to do the same on the back of the speakers? I thought it was illegal to do this, and that they would not be able to find anyone to manufacture false items on a box, but I guess I was wrong.

Robert,
True, I slowly started to realize that after I got the speakers - that no law had been broken. That makes this whole thing even worse.

I guess I'm convincing myself that there's nothing I can do, and as soon as I get a tuner that can push these, everything should be just fine.

Wishful thinking, at least.

Per my post above, regarding knowing where to plug what, I just realized the directions had fallen out of the box when I opened it, and there they were, sitting under my couch. I feel sheepish!

Wow, the guy above looks like he's got the hots for you John! LOL.

If I don't make some comedy out of this, my anger will eat me alive.

BTW, does anyone know why my tuner keeps "clicking", and thus, cutting off the sound, and then clicking back on, with the sound?

I'm guessing there's too much power going to something, but I'm not sure what that means.

Maybe I've got the speakers hooked up in the wrong connections?

Anyone ever experienced this?

UK

Post Number: 8
It would be power mike. you have apparently better speakers than me so you got yourself a bargin... my sub runs off the main input without bein amped.

My hifi cuts out when i try to link both the hi and low frequency outputs of my hifi to the speakers... it jsut so happens im buying decks soon so these tower speakers will be ok connected to them.

Username: Martin1989

Hey, i just wanted to ask you guys, if i should turn these people into the police.I'm from London I got scammed by them in Ealing for £350 T1250 speakers. I bumped into them again some other time. They didn't even recognise me, AND ASKED ME WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY THE SAME SPEAKERS!!!. I saw there registration plate its LG03 BZS and its Peugeot white van.

Hope to read from somebody soon
Martin

UK

Post Number: 9
they cant do anythin. read one of my previous posts for info of what happened

I think you should...it would not only give these guys a hard time but the more people that report them, the more suspsicious it will look to the police and maybe they'd investigate into the matter further.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7974
Why would they look more suspicious for the police? This will only desensitize the police to the situation. They will more likely turn around and tell you that it's not their fault that you got suckered.

How bad did they get you? Can you narrate what happened to you?

Username: Carlosahaha

you lot are pissing me off your as bad as those chumps. ive been a dik like u lot probably worse, ive got the opportunity to pay 250 squid for the speakers that ive won through bidding on ebay. If the quality of the speakers are good what are u all moaning about. sounds like u haven;t got n e thing better to do. what i need to know is are they any good cos if they are i will happily pay 250 for a reasonable sound quality. dont take offence b'cos i would have probably paid sum white van man too.

The point is ive got the option, regardless whether they are a bogus make who cares about that, just want to know that they are ok in terms of sound. thanks

Username: Oz858

Hey I got burnt by one of these guys here in North Carolina, USA. Are most of you running into these guys at gas stations or audio stores like Best Buy or Circuit City? My guy flagged me down while sitting at a stop light....and reeled me in all the way.

Post Number: 6
as a response to carlos bandelos....all i can say i that to the untrained ear they sound fine...but by all means buy them if want. When you recieve them open the back up and you'll see how badly they've been put together. Personaly i'd save my money and buy a real quality pair of speakers from a known and respectable make. At least with them, if your not happy you can take them back...paying in cash to men in a white theres no guarantee

UK

Post Number: 10
do u mean wiring or construct beginning? the construct of mine are really good... solid... doesnt vibrate to the bass even on the chemical brothers - under the influence.. the track tests bass basically.
it handles all frequecies well, the wiring is unimpressive, the rest of the build is not highest quality obviously but more than acceptable to me... im not a complete audio nut, but i like quality sound.
the main discrepancy i have against these speakers is lack of amp for sub and lack of frequency distribution amoung speakers... a subwoofer should not be playing 10khz sounds and a tweeter not receiving the signals for 40hz sounds... this i shall sort out.

Post Number: 7
How are you going to do that?...is it worth re wiring the inside...and why are there 4 sockets at the back of the speakers? seeing that i cant get my money back theres no point in not using them. If theres a chance to boost the perfomance, then im all ears...

Bronze Member

UK

Post Number: 11
the 4sockets arent needed at all for this model but i guess tehy might be for another one they allegedly sell and make one part for both or more models of speaker... the reports of one with a built in amp would need four sockets.

It seems quite easy, once all the speakerrs have been taken out their holes, even while still connected, to work around inside the speaker tower. Im after a hi-power sound system, so since i dont know the max or RMS rating of any speakers in the tower im gona buy some car speakers.

Im gona keep the tweeter in place, but it wont be connected, it will just be on for show. The car speakers purchased will obviously fit the holes left by the old ones, and the 6.5inch speakers will be co-axils meaning that the tweeter wont be needed.

I cant afford the amp and equalizer at the same time so they will be bought earlier... this will be the bit ur interested in i think.

Im gona buy some car audio wiere from halfords which teh speakers are currently hoooked up2 on the outside and re-wire the sub to the amp on a bridged output, and the two 6.5inch speakers on individual outputs on the amp. the tweeter im not entirely sure about to be honest, can amp it but cant connect it directly to a output. The sub and 6.5s go thro the equalizer and the sub has sub frequencies, the 6.5s have mid and high, hopefully the tweeter will have high.

Im aiming for 150watts through the sub, 70watts tho each 6.5 speaker. this will be adequate for the speaker upgrade aswell... teh speaker upgrade is soley because i question teh life of these speakers anyway, let alone with that many watts goin through them.

Username: Carlosahaha

cheers im going to take your advice and leave it. cheers

Username: Lilhomie788

Im 17 years old and I live in Burbank, IL (Close to Chicago) and I've just been Punk'd lol. This is my story. . .

Im driving around just cruisin wit my girlfriend, no big deal when suddenly a Green SUV drives by my car and a lady yells "HEY YOU WANT SOME SOUNDS!?" and I just looked at her like WTF! so she responds by saying "A SYSTEM U KNOW, SPEAKERS!" so me thinkin it was a car system I asked how much and she told me to pull into a parking lot. I said fine and we both parked.

She then opens the trunk and has 3 TI-6000T boxes in the trunk while the driver with somekind of surfer accent says "Dude, this is awesome!" So I look at the boxes and obviously recognize its a home entertainment. So she says how much ill pay and I tell her to make me an offer. She says they got extra and that to give her atleast 600 dollars. I tell her to get the F*CK outta here because i dont have that kind of money *lmao* She asks how much I have and I say around 100. She asks where I live at and I say around the neighborhood so her and her driver decide to follow me home.

We get to my house and I go in the house *box in hand* and rustle up $128 dollars and give it to him. He asks for 150 and I tell him thats all I have(when really I had over $250)and he asks me if I have an iPod or sumtin I could give him in exchange of more money and I say no. He tells me ahh man, shakes my hand, and tells me I owe him some beers if I ever see him. I say w.e and he speeds off into who knows where.

I get home a little later and decide to see what the big whoop is about these speakers. I look em up on the net and find this forum lol. So then I hook em up and at first believe that they do not work. I get angry about how horribly I got scammed and cuss a little but then after cooling down rewire everything and to my surprise they work. So I feel a little better lol

Point is honestly, I aint so mad about spending $128 dollars on a sub with 5 lil speakers. Came with free rca jacks and speaker wire lol. Plus after thinkin about all the expenses that it took to print the phony catalog, engravings on the logo, the box, the writers who wrote that crap, the cut the workers get, all the labor to make the darn things, and so on...I doubt they stole a lot of my green like some ppl who paid 200+.

Plus my brother paid around 70 bucks for a XBOX Surround Sound system with 4 speakers and a sub and my "fantastic" ti-6000t sounds way better than his lol.

THE ONLY THING I WONDER IS HOW MUCH IS IT REALLY FOR THE WHOLE THING, PRODUCTION AND ALL. HMMMM or maybe even entertainment system similar to this

Username: Lilhomie788

I was in need of a radio in my room anyway...and now I have that and surround sound for my ps2 LOL. See you guys gotta b positive...if you got jipped then its the end of it, y b negative and cry about it...Im decently happy wit my outcome. If n e thing I only think I got 30 bucks tops "OVERPRICED" so w.e SH!T HAPPENS

Username: Cdr

Just got scammed in Leicester today with the TI-1250 speaker thing. Same old story. White van pulls up, two guys lean out the window "Scuse me mate, this may sound odd but do you want to buy some speakers....."

The problem was I did! I've been looking for a couple of decent ones to buy as a present for my brother's graduation! The guys give me a story about a shipping error and show me these '£1200' ($1999) speakers. After fifteen minutes or so I pay out £130 and get them to drop the thing off at my flat.

After a while a get a really nasty feeling in my stomach and search TI-1250 on the net. Lo and behold, this is one of the first sites that pops up. I came within inchs of walking away, now I wish I had.

Lesson learned the hard way I guess. It's just a shame people do this though.

Username: Geoffreyg123

LondonUK

Hey all. Yes, I got scammed to. JUST NOW, Literally. those so and so's. lil english guy and a fat american guy, Putney, London. SW15. Got their licence plate, but I guess after reading these I can see why it dont matter. Anyway, being the fool I am I have no idea how to hook em up. When they 'tested' them for me in their van they just plugged those two red and black wires into the back, but I dont know about doing this myself. Do I need an amp or something? if someone could tell me what to do to hook em up that would be much appreciated, and in easy to follow instructions would be nice!!! thanks guys, 250 pounds from me!

(I wanna work for em)

Username: Davey21

hey everyone,

i feel very, very sheepish. I got done in Parsons Green in SW London by the bloke and the us dude. He said that they were going on ebay for £1500. He showed me an invoice from his so called "delivery company" and a review in a paper that showed someone selling for £1500. I bought them for a F**KING grand!!!!!!!!!! I am such a prat. Seeing as alot of you payed only £250 or so and you are gutted just makes me want to die. Go ahead and laugh guys but I dont know what to do with myself. Just imagining them laughing about how much they got from me is heartbreaking!!!!

anyway enough moaning, at least they work.

WE HAVE TO STOP THESE B***ARDS!!!!

Username: Tsang

Hellos!
I'm the latest idiot to fall for the scam. I was taking my lunch break, not expecting to buy anything more than a sandwhich - and a van pulls up next to me. I thought he was about to ask for directions when he gestured to me, so i took my headphones off and went over. You know where it goes from here...

They showed me shipping manifests, credentials, the lot basically. It was so convincing that i had no doubt from the outset. Speakers don't really have a high priority listing on my 'to buy' list - But seeing as they were in my reach and i was under the impression they were "worth over £2000" i simply couldn't let it fly by. Truth is i'd probably be kicking myself even more now if i'd turned it down and not found out the whole scam thing.

Sure, i should have known better - But they were a truly convincing pair. I'm suprisingly indifferent considering i've lost £200 today, but worse things happen at sea - And i'll have forgotten about this whole charade by the time payday comes around.

Keep alert, Bristolians. I doubt they'll hit the same place twice in such a short space of time, but instantly decline if anything similar happens.

Ta!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9000
Next time just stick to the sandwich. :-(

Username: Colingarnham5

Oh dear, I've also been scammed with the TI1250 speakers. They work and have an OK sound, paid £350 for them but only bought them as an investment to sell them on as they said they were worth more. Claimed to work for Prosound and said they were from London. This was in Leicester around the University campus. I've spoken to an electronics/speaker nerd who says the gold brackets should be removable otherwise the speakers will blow when attached to 4 wires. They are not removable. I'm angry as I trusted them and was tricked into buying something I couldn't afford. If I didn't have any debt I wouldn't have bought them but as all my friends say, you live and learn from your mistakes.

Username: Threefingeredjack

Anyone else got the licence plate to the UK ones? Send them to my email:
threefingeredjack@gmail.com

Username: Whit88

Ottawa, Illinois US

Yeah I just Bought the TI 4000 for $500 from two guys in illinois. Their names where Mike and jeff. They were in a green blazer or something like that. They pulled the double order thing on me they even showed me a recipt! I havent tried them yet i hope they work.

Username: So_what

They got me in Illinois today. TI 4000 for $200. I bought a pair of Denmark speaks like that before and they were terrific so I thought this was another good deal. But I got home, made a search and after reading all this, I don't know! I hope I get the same wonderfull sound I got out of the Denmark speakers. If I do, then it's worth it, no matter what others say. I'm not ready to spend $2000 on brand name speakers. No one would notice the difference anyway!

Username: Slider69696969

Damn, TI-1250 in brighton, sussex, UK.

Didnt get the license plate or picture, bought them because i was told i could sell them on ebay and make some money for university. Yes, i now have £400 less overdraft thanks to these b@5tards...

Im now not sure whether to keep them or try to sell them on ebay. Hmm, any suggestions or help you can give me? Titanium_monkfish@hotmail.com

p.s. I got mugged, pls dont have the same done to you. If it seems too good to be true either
a)Secure the deal with photograph+phonenumber+license plate number
b)it IS to good to be true. Dont be an idiot like i was.

If anyone ever gets approached by these guys again, please please please do the following:

1)Be friendly, curious, interested
2)Have a look at the product, ask questions, be curious, agree a price.
3)Say you have to go to a cash point (they will follow) an take a dark alley
4)SMASH THE MOTHER F_9KER IN THE FACE, kick in his head a bit
5)Go back to the van, tell the other guy that his friend will be there soon, get chatty.
6)Try to get closer/get the door open, when he is close enough...
7)FU73ING SMASH HIS FACE and stamp on his head. Kick the sh|7 out of him and leave him in the gutter.
8)Teabag him (for the halo users out there)
9)Go back to the van, give the speakers to pedestrians for free, then smash the front windscreen with rock/brick/stone
10)Smile to yourself, and send me an email.

Grr, so much anger... :p

Username: Threefingeredjack

Anyone with licence plates send them to my email address. Anyone who, (when weve tracked the vans down), could put us up for the night so we're close to the area, send me an email telling me your town name and a contact number. Anyone with a freind or relative in the police who might be able to do a registration plate check and get us an address, tell us and well give you the plate numbers that need checking. Anyone willing to just lend a hand or fist to the cause, let us know! This ends now.

Username: Performancedoor

Just got scammed today in Norwich, CT at 7 Eleven .....green Dodge van...plate # 438GL says he was from Old Saybrook...havent hooked them up, even showed us his drivers liscense (CT)....just called the cops to make a report

Username: Jpap914

I bought a TI-440MR from a gold suburban with mass plates for 200 he said it was worth 3600 he started at 1500 and told him the most i would give him was 2, it works but sometimes the speakers are crackly, are the speakers bad, or is it just the receiver? let me know thank you

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11163
No, they are just cheap speakers.

is the reciever any good? and is there anything i can do to fix the cracklin?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11164
the "cracklin" should already tell the quality.

Return it a get your money back.

If it is too good to be true...you are being suckered!

and how am i gunna return it?? numnuts it works fine, just sometimes randomly crackles or what ever.... maybe connection???? let me know

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11172
It is not the connection, numbnuts, you got suckered, just live with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Camperbc

Post Number: 14
Kinda funny how as soon as I apologize, my post dissappears. hmmmmmmmmm.
Well for those who didn't see my CENSORED post, I certainly didn't mean anything by the comment I made regarding the crude language of berny the other day. Again, my aplogies to all. Berny just can't help himself.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11217
You apologize and then you follow it up with an insult....you really are a jerk! A lot of people saw the censored post and I had it removed you jerk.

Username: Kdubbs23

Two guys and a girl in van tried to scam me today in Lisle, IL. I was at the bank and two guys pulled up in a mini van. They were delivery guys and had to get to their next delivery in 15 minutes although he spent about 30 minutes trying to convince me. They had some extra speakers and had to get rid of them before they got there otherwise it would get sent back. The driver, Mike, even showed me receipts. The box said they were worth $2,500. I told him that I had never heard of these speakers and he offered to come to my house to let me try him. I asked if I could go home and look up the speakers online. He told me that he didn't have time to wait. He said that I hadn't heard of them because they only sold to restaurants and bars. This guy offer to come to my house and plug up one speaker. He even showed me his driver's license. He also pulled out a wad of cash, and a 12 pack of beer showing me that he had sold the last one for.

This guy even told me that I could just have the speaker. He left them on the ground got in his car and pulled away. But he didn't get far out of the spot before he tried to get money. Then he asked me for $20 beer money for wasting his time. He was just trying to get money to go to the strip club.

Beware! I must admit I enjoyed talking with the guy though. It was quite entertaining.

Username: Jack10boy

scammed for a ti5100 for 300..dont sound too bad but their junk.trying to get rid of them..pulled one speaker out of the box and a pile of sand poured out!!!!

Username: Jack10boy

Username: Banschzee

Chicago, Il Us

ALLRIGHT PEOPLE LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. I USED TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS. "HEY MAN YOU WANT SOME SPEAKERS? YHEA I JUST TWO FREE ON MY DELIVERY, YOU WANT EM FOR A DEAL?" DOES THAT SOUND FAMILLIAR? YHEA THAT WAS MY PITCH. THE DEAL IS MY BOSS BOUGHT THE SPEAKERS AT A LIQUADATED PRICE BECAUSE HE BOUGHT THEM A COUPLE HUNDRED AT A TIME. HE BASICALLY PAID I THINK 90$ A SET. OUR PAY IN WAS LIKE $200. NOW UNDERSTAND THERE ARE INDEPENDENT PPL OUT THERE WHO GET IT FOR CHEAPER. I DONT KNOW WHERE OR HOW. BUT THAT IS HOW THEY DO IT. I HAVE THE THEATRE INNNOVATIONS TI4000 SURROUND SOUND AND I THINK IT SOUNDS GREAT. GRANTED I HAVE NEVER OWNED ANY OTHER SURROUND THIS ONE ROCKS. THE PROBLEM IS SOMETIMES THESE BOXES GET BANGED AROUND ALOT FROM BEING HANDLED ALL THE TIME. SO the equipment BREAKS AND WE STILL HAD TO SELL EM BECAUSE WELL THAT WAS WHAT WE DID. WE HAD NO IDEA IF THEY WORKED OR NOT UNLESS WE ACTUALLY WENT TO YOUR HOSE AND HOOKED THEM UP. THE POINT IS IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE BUYING DONT BE MAD WHEN THE Stuff DOSENT WORK BECAUSE YOU SHOULD MADE SURE IT WORKED OR DONT BUY IT? THINK ABOUT THIS ITS OUT OF THE BACK OF A VAN. HELLO? MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE FORCED THEM TO DO A INSTALL TO ENSURE THE SPEAKERS WORK. OTHERWISE BUY EM FROM BEST BUY OR SOMETHING WHERE YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN RETURN THEM. YOUR BEST BET IS TO BUY EM FOR YOUR GARAGE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,...CUZ THATS ALL THEY ARE WORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1}

Username: Dj_monkeyboy

tut tut guys guys guys luk i got my ti 1250 for 2 days work l0l. off a m8, i got an amp at 600 watts pioneer wacked em together with 2 wires and i away, n u no wot iv not heard sound this gd in ages, i start producin music a few months bk n i can hear every part of th tune perfectly. i also use em 4 th decks n since i had them i find it easyer to beatmatch coz i can hear it so well. so i dont c th problem really. oh i 4got to mention i had the volume half way n i had next door but 10 complainin l0l seriously and there semi detached. so im over th moon with mine oh n just to let u no i compared them to KRKs profetional Dj moneritin speakers n mine r a lot louder n clearer than them.}}}}}

Post Number: 8
seriously dude....you must be delusional! these things are a heap of crap...but for £100 they arent that bad. The bass is boomy and sounds like its comming out of a box, and in some songs i've experienced resonance peaks at some low frequency's!! Now i dont know how much you know about speaker design but having resonance peaks in the audible frequency range is a serious design fault and no resprectable speaker manufacturer makes those kinds of mistakes. I suggest you go to a Bang & Olfeson store (or any other decent speaker manufacturer) and book yourself a listening demo...then you will see what superior sound really means, these things can cost in the region of £80K!!! cazy shizzle...anyhow, it looks like you got not such a bad deal...i myself on the other hand got fucked...royally fucked :-(. Live and Learn as they say. Peace.

what amp r using, musnt b a gd 1 then, seriously if i stick sum rock on it sounds like yr stud in frount of the band n thats using the min watts at 50 watts per speaker. iv even bin inside em the sub is seperated from the mid speakers, seperate compartmonts. n how r u comparin these to speakers worth 80k l0l, cause there not guna sound as gd as them but the last time i heard suttin better than these was in a recordin studio n iv bin in a few of them to no. i even play guitar so think yrs must b f****d, 1 more thing im a bass addict i cant like a tune unless it has gd bass n these speakers make mince meet of even th crap tunes l0l so i espeshly no wen there is gd bass u prob hav to turn the bass down a bit i had to there was way to much bass init to start off with. oh if u hav an amp that is too little or to many wats that can make it sound crap aswell n also damage the speakers thats y they distort coz yr amp isnt powerfull enough.

oh i just read a message that u sent b4 askin y is there 4 conections, its so u can run another wire off it into another speaker but id advise u not to to that it can cause distortion.

Post Number: 9
My amp is Cambridge Audio Azur 340M...dunno how good that rates compared to yours but i'm skeptical that the difference between this amp and any other will be a big difference in quality. Maybe im wrong...i need to listen to other amps before i can judge. I just think these days it really isnt that difficult to amplify sound...the weakest link in the sound reproductive chain are the loudspeakers by far. As for comparing to 80K systems :P...obviously they wont match up, im probably asking for too much outa them...but i still think i can make better speakers myself for cheaper. In fact im very tempted to rip all the insides out and put my own drivers in and build my own cross-over...a little summer project for me :P.

ye true i cud make better speaker ma self,to b honest i was lukin at crossover networks last night l0l. i was thinkin of gettin new 1s but i couldnt find any that would work in these. i wouldnt hav a clue on how to make but i did find external crossover networks i was thinkin of takin the crossover network out alltogether and makin 3 conectors into the back, so there would 3 wires cumin out of each speaker 1 for the highs a second 4 the mids n a 3rd 4 the sub. and then tune th crossover network carfully l0l. not unless u no were i cud get an internal crossover network 4 inside that would work. but i want a really good 1 l0l. oh can i ask do u av yr speakers conected to a pc threw yr amp like?

Post Number: 10
Ya...i play all my music through iTunes...why? I wouldn't know much about ready made crossovers...sorry :P.

coz theres a funny noise in ma highs sumtimes but i noticed its coz im playing low kbps tunes wen i play 320 kbps its spot on, it th same with all speakers well 1s taht i heard n i listend to quite a few, at 1 point in my old flat i had 13 speakers into 3 amps all wired togerther in to ma pc, 4 in the bedroom 4 and a sub in the livinroom and 2 in the bathroom n 2 in th kitchen l0l. ppl say im a bit of a wiz kid l0l am not i just like a gd sound system n top quality sound. so thats prob yr problem yr playin vbr, so id advise u if u like yr quality to just download tunes at 320kbps. i have to u c coz im a dj n i cant play music at crap quality l0l. the guitar thing is just a little hoby i dont do it much now but it helped me to get used to different notes (keys) n helped me with rythem atch it helped quite a lot, i hav a djin partner n he taught me nearly everythin i now bout decks and because id played guitar it took me 2 hours wot took him 2 months to do l0l. so i recon my ears r trained atleast a bit. n its k bout th crossover thanx neways bud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us