Question about Sony DDW670

Username: Hunter371

Smithtown, New York USA

Post Number: 2
I plan on buying this system within the next few weeks, I've heard it at a few stores and read a few reviews and found it to be ideal for my needs. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this system and wants to offer any input on their experiences with it. I've been thinking about upgrading the speaker wire to 16 gauge, but wanted to know for those that have this system what differences I would hear by doing so.

I plan on hooking up my DVD player via the digital optical out, and use component cables to go through my TV. I also want to hook up my PS2 as well. Since I won't be playing DVDs on my PS2, and since PS2 games support DTS and Pro Logic 2, I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to buy a digital optical cable to hook my PS2 up to the reciever as well. What differences would I hear in PLII if hooked up via an optical out compared to just plugging in the RCA composite cables instead?

Thanks in advance.

Smithtown, New York USA

Post Number: 3
Any help?

Smithtown, New York USA

Post Number: 5
bump

anzu
Unregistered guest
:-(

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Honestly I doubt you would hear a significant difference with PLII by using RCA cables instead of optical. However, I would buy the optical cable because you will want your PS2 to play games in DTS mode (the few that support it) and for movies in DD and DTS. I have the Sony 660 HT system and honestly it's not too bad. The 670 is just the newer model, and I imagine not much has changed... I am guessing you will be pleased with the system despite not having many inputs and few bells and whistles. However, for the price I believe you will be satisfied for what it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us