HT-DS1000 & DivX

Unregistered guest
I've seen very few posting on DS1000 but nobody mentioned about DS1000 being able to play DivX Movies. Some of you may already know this but I figured the US version of Samsung DS1000 does not say that it's DivX play capable. Most of the people wouldn't know unless they tried.

This is how I found out.
I got the unit as a wedding precent from my bestman. Then I went to Samsung korean site and checked the model and it said it's DivX capable.

So then I checked the specs in US site and it was not there. Then I thought Samsung had removed the feature from the US versions. But then I did more search from Google and I ended up going into an European forum where there were more DS1000 owners than US. There, people said it has a DivX feature... I think European specs lists DivX feature. Well, then I was pissed at Samsung. Why would they remove a feature that exist for other countries and only the US version is taken out!!! Well I was wrong... I decided to test anyway... nothing to lose... I copied a divx movie to a blank dvd and play the unit and... there it was!!! List of files in that dvd. Then I selected a file and press play... movie was playing flowlessly.

I was impressed that it is able to display subtitles that are in .SMI format as well. Most of the movie files play with no problem. But sometimes you see one side of the screen flickering. I think that's due encoding of the file or maybe the resolution is too high for the unit's processor to handdle. Well this is a little dissapointing but hey.. at least you get something that you never thought it existed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us