Sub 500$ HT speakers to blow away Bose AM series???

Valentina
Unregistered guest
Hi guys,

I was initially set out to buy any Bose AM series HT system as "naive" people always do, just by relying the word-of mouth of so called "hi-fi" Bose HT systems.

But thanks goes to you guys here at the forum who made it very clear throug your posts that the Bose arena is just a bunch of marketing gimmicks who sell overrated and overpriced speakers.

I am now left with few options because I am unfamiliar to the HT area. So could you guys point me to the right direction where I can get HT speakers that will just blow away the Bose AM series with a 500$ budget?

I will be really grateful to you guys if you could advise me on this.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance,
valentina

Varit
Unregistered guest
Buy the $519 Classic One from Orb Audio and then add the center and surrounds later. They will blow away the Bose.

valentina
Unregistered guest
thanks, varit... good advice.

I also have a liking for the HSUResearch VT-12/STF 2 HT System for 559$.... Heard raving reviews about it too...

http://www.hsustore.com/vt-12-stf-2.html

what do you guys think?

- valentina

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 107
The best advice is to listen before purchase, even if that means home audition with right to return guarantee. Any other advice will be subjective at best.

Varit
Unregistered guest
I've heard the Hsu system...I think it's OK, but the satellites are not the greatest quality. 6 of them are only $199, after all. The STF-2 is not a great match to small satellites, either, IMHO. It's a 10" and it's crossover only goes to 90hz. I think that's on the low side for a small sub/sat system. I think 8" subs are tighter and a better match to small satellites, and have the correct frequency response profile. Hsu has one of those, too, I believe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us