JBL Northridge E series, nething better ? Ne audiophiles? :-)

Username: Cyberian

Post Number: 2
Hi all,
I dont have too many high-end audio stores where i live. Im planning to setup a home theater for the first time. I have auditioned JBL (with Harman Kardon), Jamo(with Denon), JM Labs(with Marantz). I liked the JBL Northridge E series set (E80s as the front speakers, EC25 as the center channel, E150P sub, and E 20s as the surrounds), it was powered with an H/K 75 watts per channel receiver. The speaker set and the receiver is costing me abt 2000$. Can i get any thing better fer the same amount?

Id divide the usage as 60% music and 40 % movies. Ne other receiver that goes well with the Northridge E series? Ne other speaker/receiver combination that would sound better (I dont like the sound to be too bright) ? Really looking forward to some help from well-trained ears. Thanx fer the help in advance :-)

Username: Cyberian

Post Number: 3
No replies? Has it something to do with my question or is it just me ;)

Username: Big_l

Post Number: 10
i'd go with what you just said you liked mate

JBL rock seriously and Harmon Kardon are very good quality, i bought a lower spec harmon kardon reciever last year and i am so pleased with it!!!

Username: Avman

Kansas City, MO US

Post Number: 10
HK recievers or great you might try to listen to some Def Techs they sound pretty close to a JBL speaker.

do to they both use the same types of speaker matierals.

if they are avialable in your area, and you should know the have a huge markup you should be able to get about 20-30 % off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us