Where o where to begin

Username: Me55iah

Post Number: 1
my problem is this i have absolutly no idea what i am doing ive looked read alot and it all goes in and then out like a full bore vindaloo.... what i have is this
a lg dlp proj tv which has
3x scart ( 1 rgb)
2 x component inputs (1 dvd 1 sat reciever)

panasonic sc-dt100 HT which has
1 x composite vid out
1 x s-vid out
2 x comp audio in
1 x comp audio out
sat reciever which has
2 x scart out ( 1 rgb)
1 x composite audio out

what an earth do i plug in to what or should i ditch the dvd player from the HT or ditch the hole HT and get a better one??

plz help some one cuz this is driving me crazy as well as the wife complaining about the picture.(nag nag nag)

rgds paul

Bronze Member
Username: Xtremeht

Post Number: 12
Plug the DVD player in the component inputs on the projector and use a composite cable to connect the sat. to the projector.

Username: Me55iah

Post Number: 2
sorry the dvd hasnt got components its all composite... does this sound right.
plug the sat reciever into the projector with a rgb only lead. sat audio out ( which is composite) to the home theatre ext audio in.

the home theatre dvd player to the projector via a s-video to scart.

ifso ill do this untill i find a new HT with composite out and a sat reciever with composite out

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 240
It is a bit difficult to work out the problem.

For video. "Component" and "SCART" are similar, and your preferred choices ("component" is mostly US; "SCART" is European). Looks like the best option for your "HT" is S-video. If the LG does not have an S-video input, you could get an S-video-to-SCART adapter. In the meantime, your HT and TV do not seem to have any video connection in common. So you will have to miss out the "HT" (?) for the time being, and connect the satellite receiver directly to the TV. Your only option for that connection seems to be SCART-to-SCART. But that should give a good picture, so it's difficult to see the problem.

For audio. If, by "comp audio", you mean co-axial digital audio (which is neither composite nor component - two possible "comps"), then that is a good choice to connect the satellite receiver to the "HT". But that does not affect the picture, either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us