Digital Coaxial hook-up from DVD to Receiver

Anonymous

I bought a coaxial digital Cord to plug into the back of my Sony Receiver "digital coaxial"..... So I can have the "multi-Channel Surround sound". On the receiver I have a button called "input mode" which I choose "Digital coaxial", however, I cant get any sound to come out unless I have it on analog. Well obviously that's not what I want. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 250
It sounds like you havnt configured your DVD player.

With no disc in the tray, you need to run through your DVD player setup options and select DD output, activate DTS(if compat), screen format, etc...etc...

JEFFREY B.
Unregistered guest
HELP I JUST GOT A DENNON AV RECEIVER,SONY CD/DVD
PLAYERAND SONY 36" WEGA TV.AND EACH BOOK HAS ANOTHER LAY OUT HOW DO I GET DVD SOUND,PICTURE
ALL TO GO TO RECEIVER THEN TO TV (THE BEST WAY) I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO.I HAVE COMPONENT PLUGS ON
DVD,DENNON AND TV. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIND THIS OUT VERY CONFUSED!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 259
There is no 'one' way to hook up your system. Everybody does it differently and has their personal preferences.

some will run their DVD video through their receiver which is then(in turn)connected to their TV input. Others run their DVD video diretly to the TV. Do whichever is most convenient for your own purposes.

Some do a mixture of both(like myself). I switch my DVD video through my receiver, but run my HDTV signal directly to the TV. Either way will work, and each method has its ups and downs. It's all about how you want to do it personally that matters.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 73
I generally agree with Paul with the following proviso: in most cases, the most direct signal path will result in the best picture. However, there are some exceptions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us