Speakers suggestions for Pioneer 1014 ???

Anonymous

After doing a lot of reading on this forum, I have finally decided for the 1014 receiver.
Now I am trying to find decent speakers to go with it. I am considering the JBL SCS300.7...(mainly for the price and based on a few positive reviews.Also because of limited space in the apartment). I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2783
What is your budget?
Have you checked the Athena Micra series? I would recommend that over the JBL SCS series.

Anonymous

Well, I saw the JBL for just under $400 which seemed attractive for a 7.1 system (the suggested price was $699)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2791
If your budget is under $400, that shouldn't be too bad.

RichRay
Unregistered guest
I picked up refurbished Micras for $200 on ebay. BestBuy sells the Micras on sale for $350.

Anonymous

I picked up a great set Infinity Tss750. Best for your price range! Sound great!

james_stewart
Unregistered guest
check out the Aperions at aperion.com. I just bought some from their showroom floor in portland. a 5 speaker setup can be bought for $520 the little speakers are awesome and the quality is superb. Check them out, i'm using these with a 1014 also

Username: Vjpremo

Washington, DC United States

Post Number: 1
I was about to get the SCS300.7 until I've read some bad reviews about it and actually tested it at the store. I wasn't too impressed with it even though it is a 7.1 and couldn't feel the thickness and richness of the sound. Have you tried Klipsch (Quintet) or Onkyo SKS-HT240 (6.1). I got a chance to test Onkyo and I would say you gotta hear it to believe it. I'm planning on pairing the Onkyo with a Pioneer Elite 55TXi or 56TXi. The 59TXi was beyond my budget for now. But I'm getting the Pioneer Elite DVD Player (DV-59AVi).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us