Panasonic SC HT1000 loses sound

Username: Seanbee

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 1
Hey there, I am a complete newbie to the world of Home Theaters so please be gentle and especially since this is my first post. Well I recently bought the Panasonic SC HT 1000 home theaher system, my problem that I am seeking advice on is this, at times when I am watching a movie, the sound justs chips out and I have to turn on the system and turn it back on again for the sound to come back.

Anybody can help me with this problem, it is kinda embarassing having over friends for a movie and only the sound chip out after spending so much money on a system.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2781
That should not be happening at all. First look around the back of the HT system and make sure that none of the wires, specially the speaker wires, are exposed and crossed. Check the back of the speakers and see if there are wires that may also be shorted.

Are you using the speakers that came with the unit? Some people don't use the stock speakers and inadvertently use 4 ohm rated speakers and causes a lot problems with some units.

If there are no shorted wires, return the unit and exchange it for a new one that is not defective.

Username: Seanbee

Kingston, Kingston Jamaica

Post Number: 2
Well one of the wires is cut, but I taped it back together, I am going to buy some better speaker wires and watch it for a week.

And yes I am using the speakers it came with and thanks for the reply.

Also - does the higher rate speakers wires make a difference in sound quality?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2790
Get a 16 gauge or bigger.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us