Please someone answer me!

Username: Ronan

Post Number: 2
Hello everyone,

I know that you are all very well up on the technical side to speakers, home cinema and everything but I have had both posts ignored by the forum and I am sure you not into answering novice questions but please, I need some help on two things. I read What Hi-Fi Sound and vision and tend to go by their recommendations.

I bought the Denon 1604 amp, Wharfedale SW 150 subwoofer and am happy with both. I had listened to a lot of subs but this one really did impress me more than anything in the price range. It was 280 Euro. I need fronts, I am using a room which is 12 feet by 14.

I am impressed with the new Wharfedale 9.1 reviews and am wondering if they are sufficient for fronts on a room of this size and if they are suited to movies. They are very good value here at 160 Euro. I was going to put the new Dfs bipole on the rear for the surround effects as I do not intend to use this system for music, just movies.

Thing is, the old 8.4's are close in price to the new 9.1's and I dont know which would be best up front.

This is the most important part of this post for me. I missed last November's What Hi Fi Sound and Vision and contacted the magazine for a back order but they have no copies left. I really wanted two reviews in it. The Wharfedale 9 surround package at £499 and there is something in it about another Wharfedale series 9 near the start in the first look section. Can anyone out there with this edition please find a way to scan and send these 2 articles to my e-mail address at morgan_ronan@hotmail.com please and put me out of my misery!

I would be pleasantly surprised if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance, Ronan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us