Archive through December 01, 2004

Jbsu
Unregistered guest
god dammit i just paid $200 bucks. i'm gonna poke myself in the eye with a pencil.

Anonymous

Yeah, I just got taken for 150 also. I am in Fresno, CA. Same scam as everyone else. Pulls up to me in a purple explorer and tells me he had extra sent on an invoice. What are the odds of that happening, right. Well, I guess you live and learn

Anonymous

i got scammed in madera ca one dude pulls up to me in purple explorer at pac n save gave him 300.what a fool

Anonymous

my boyfriend just got taken by this scam at a gas station in mansfield ohio. He ended up paying 150.00 for two dahlton speakers. I knew it was too good to be true, I can't help but say I told you so.

Anonymous

Okay, I guess I am the biggest tool in the box... got me for $1240... The $40 bucks was for beer. I bought the Theater Logic L6 Home Theater System, 2 Theater Logic T2450 Towers, and 2 AudioFile 583LR Towers.

I am guessing they are becoming more successful at this because the catalog now had the system at $2499, the first towers at $2899, and the audiofiles at $1599. The fake magazine was impressive, but they did other things as well...

He opened the boxes right there in front of me so I could see they were real speakers.

They looked like the real thing, brushed aluminum cases, real heavy like good speakers are, the boxes looked exactally like you'd get in the store. Who makes these things?

One of the guys said he had just gotten back from Iraq and even showed me an Army ID. Of course this got my symapathy up for him.

They were 2 white guys, surfer-looking in a maroon chevy van and it happened at a stop light and parking lot in Elk Grove, IL. They said they were heading to an install and had to get rid of them before they got to the job site or the installers would keep them for themselves. Also said this would be a week's pay for both of them.

I am depressed that these guys would do something like this, they have no morals at all... but I am most upset with myself. In a moment of weakness, I let my own morals be compromised and bought these things, not thinking of the store owner who would have been the real victim if the story would have been true. I deserve what happened to me but this was an expensive lesson... Hopefully I'll never fall for this kind of thing again.

Saddest thing is, I am writing this as a warning to others, but like most of you we only read these warnings after the con has already taken place.

Lastly, the speakers do actually function, so it is doubtful that it would be considered a true scam and they would probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist from the authorities.

Gah.... this is serious suckage. :-(

Anonymous

They're in Central NJ driving the white van with PA plates. Same story, Started at $500 and took $200 when I started walking away. Should have remembered that anything that looks to good to be true ALWAYS is too good to be true. Mine work and sound OK, guess I'm not an audiosophistacate.

oh well
Unregistered guest
There here in the Grand Prairie, Tx. The guy apprached me in a new white van with a local audio video store signs on the vehicle representing himself to work for them. He had install orders for local house in new subdivisions where I know houses are being built. These guys are trying to be too proffesional.

As he drove away, he had a sign on the rear that said, TM Enterprises Inc 214-826-4190. I called and got an answering machine. I might just have to find me an address. That's what i get, I never thought scam, I just thought wow lucky me.

wierd sh*t
Unregistered guest
ok, this is f*cking crazy. i'm in Baton Rouge LA, my roommate and I were leaving BestBuy, we had just bought 2 dvds, and this blue van drives up. there was a fat guy with short spiked brown hair, and a black f*cked up looking chick, the guy gives the sales pitch, says hes on the job bla bla bla has an extra set, shows the invoice, then the magazine, $1500. he asked for 400 first, then dropped to 200. we bit and went to atm. then we asked him if he was a cop, he showed us his license, was from Louisiana. we went to the parkinglot and traded.. they even mentioned beer at one point i think. i must say though, until now, never thought there was a problem. we got the dahlton 5.1 sattelite/500watt subwoofer system and they sound great. as far as i can tell it was worth the 200. you do need a reciever, we hooked them up to a regular aiwa reciever for a stereo. but damn thats fucked up.

Username: Smudger

Post Number: 1
I was just happened to me yesterday in Las Vegas. There were 2 white f*c**ng guys with with Ford's SUV TX license. I was end up pay $320. $20 is for beer. Those two bas#ard ain't no moral. Piss me off so bad

Amandaunknown
Unregistered guest
Same thing happen to me today..This happened in Denver, Co..ALERT anyone in the DT Denver area to watch out for these two men with/Florida plates..I had paid $300 for mine..Thought it was a good deal..They got me..........

asdfasdfffff
Unregistered guest
got me as well in mount pocono pa, wish i knew about it before hand, guess were all just fools

tjflash
Unregistered guest
well, it happened to me today. Just outside an HEB grocery store on Westheimar in Houston. They got me for $200. I thought it was a scam and I should have gone with my instints. Well, I hope they work. Maybe I can salvage something outta this. They were in a yellow ford explorer.

Username: Hermair12

happened to me in feasterville/Southampton, PA...i got hit up for 200 dollars and a bottle of jack...pitifull on my part..but i did get one of the guys phone numbers and i recognized him from my highschool...i called my buddy and found out all of the one kids information...FYCK these guys...and i will smash that white van

Anonymous

I got sucked in too!!! Paid 200 bucks for this thing ... the nerve of the guy was that he actually gave me his real cell phone number. Can I do something with this number?

Anonymous

what do you guys do with these speakers ultimately?

Dalhton!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered guest
Well my dad got scammed at his work dont if it was a surfer dude. Got them for 50 bucks. I havnt hooked them up yet because you need a godamn reciver. Ive had them for 6 months just got a reciever.

Username: Sts100

Don't go to the local police on these guys, it's a waste of time. Go to the State Police, wherever you are. New Jersey State Police has an investigation open on T&M Enterprise. The police would love to have more evidence. They are up on racketeering, fraud, sales tax evasion, and conspiracy charges. Six felonies, total. And since they are operating over state boarders, the case will probably get handed over to the FBI within the next 2 months. A civil action was filed in Camden, NJ, and that judgment will be the basis for a Sheriff and/or US Marshal seizure.

Subsequent to their criminal case, there will be a class action civil suit that everyone can get in on. The bottom line is that if you document your case, you will be entitled to any assets that may be available when all of these low lifes are convicted and everything they own is liquidated. The only problem is that they are probably drug addicts that don't have much in the way of assets.

At the minimum, rest assured that soon they will be frequently getting nailed up the butt in prison.

miffed
Unregistered guest
So what should I do if I'm in Pennsylvania, Eric?

For the first time in my life I enjoy the thought of someone getting raped in prison. I hope you're right.

Unregistered guest
U say 6 felonies but u only list 4 crimes. what r the other 2? just curious.

glad to hear something is being done about these scumbags.

pissed off!! ~LSU
Unregistered guest
Those little freakers!! The white basstard got my friend in Baton Rouge at Benny's carwash. . .he said the same damn thing and even gave out his cell phone!! grrr. . .i'm so pissed!! we paid $250 for it! BEWARE, we should've known better!!

Post Number: 2
There are three crimes: racketeering, fraud, and sales tax evasion. Then there's conspiracy to commit each of those crimes for a total of six.

But more importantly, I may represent this class action suit myself (I am an attorney). If you are in the Philadelphia area and you have interest in getting these crooks, submit your story to: TMclassaction@yahoo.com

There's no obligation, but if we can get enough co-plannifs, it may be worth it.

Post Number: 3
Wow, some lawyer I am. I actually typed co-plannifs.

co-plaintiffs is the word.

I swear I'm better at litigating than spelling.

Texas
Unregistered guest
Watch out there hitting the houston area? Just got me for $240. Black SUV.

teddy
Unregistered guest
I have a good little sting operation going. When it happened to me I actually took them up on the offer. Baught them for 300 after we discussed the story of them doing custom set-up in homes.My come-back was offering to set them up with my clients who I build entertainment centers for in high dollar places in Vegas. With that kind of potential, greed will surely draw them in. Oh yah, I got ther business card and called them, they answered and want to get together.What do you think?

Anonymous

My husband got scammed in the Denver area today 10/11/04. They got 200.00 out of him. Watch out!

Anonymous

Well looks like I'm the guy who got duped in Austin, TX. Same deal: two guys in their 20's with the same story in a maroon SUV (either a Ford Explorer or a Mercury). I was on my way to class...I new I should've just kept walking; instead I gave those tools $200, but at least I drew the line on the extra $20 for beer.

billy at UT
Unregistered guest
son of a biiitch! i must have gotten hit up by those same mother-fu**ers in austin, tx. it was two guys early to mid 20's that looked like scruffy college party kids, they were also white. they also drove a dark red or maroon ford explorer or a very similar SUV. same pitch that everyone else fell for. i guess they know what people fall for with their greed. pretty diapointed with myself and my room-mate for not knowing better and letting our greed get the best of us. took 200 from us but didnt try for the beer, guess they already had some or knew they would get some ... well im going to try to get back at them by trying to get to their local station and demanding my money back... IF YOU GOT HIT UP IN THE AUSTIN, TX AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THIS EFFORT THEN LET ME KNOW. POST A RESPONSE PLEASE. it's a long shot, but i'll be damned if i'm going to just sit back & let those fu**ing priKs stick it to me! hopefully they approach the wrong person and get fuked themselves, such as a cop or mugger .... immoral thoughts i know, but right now my thoughts dwell on regret and revenge, i am human after all =)...

TROY B
Unregistered guest
TEDDY I GOT RIPPED IN LAS VEGAS FOR $300 BY THOSE F*CKS WITH THE MAGAZINE SAYING ITS WORTH $1500.
I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT THERE NUMBER ON THIS SITE AND LET EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO F*CK THEM UP I'LL MAKE SURE THERE HOSPITAL BILL WILL COVER THE MONEY THEY GOT ME AND YOU FOR.

Anonymous

billy, sounds good. i've been checking out the dahlton distributors in texas, problem is one's in dallas and one's in irving. right now im just trying to sell them and get some of my money back, but i'd prefer getting all of it back. email me if you want: paulc420@hotmail.com

Teddy
Unregistered guest
Hey Troy, I have to be careful with the phone # but I will keep you posted on my progress.When the sting happens I look you up. Wouldn't mind having someone to laugh with when we bust them. Thanks for your support!

Mack Daddy
Unregistered guest
Well I guess I'm part of the group, Got nailed by two white boys in an black SUV here in Henderson Nevada sold me Dahlton 1500 ti for $200 and $20 for beer, boy I hate that I was so lame and did't catch on, o well. I did hook the speakers up and tried to blow them up, I sent 400w to them for 20 min and they took it, sounded pretty crappy, if I help kick some butt let me know. hd100@cox.net

Anonymous

first off let me thank everyone in this web site i had one of the guys on the phone when i found this web site. he found my wife in a hibernia parking lot and said that he was around there installing a system and had two speakers left on him , he showed my wife the catolog and it said 1,500 dollars but he would let it go for 300 so she called me and gave me the brand name and i searched the web and found this web. i got the guys phone # is 1-225-718-3871

Mack Daddy
Unregistered guest
Hey ya all, I found a great link for a review of our $1500 speakers. lol... http://www.gr-research.com/dahlton.htm

ripped in PA
Unregistered guest
I got taken today near Harrisburg, PA. Called the local police and they didn't know what to do. The State police were much more responsive. I have an appointment with an officer tomorrow.

Anonymous

hey..so check this out, two dudes come up to me while i was at the bank no less, in line at the drive up teller, i was in mid transaction!!
and the pulled up between me and the bank teller in the lane in front of me and ask me if i want some 1500.00 speakers for "real cheap"...
i knew it had to be a scam, it was so skechy, but i agreeed to look at the speakers...
so i look at them, they looked dope, so i was like...well i could pay you 200...
and the guy was like, "aw man, cant you get any more, and i said no, then, get this, he asks if i have any cd's in my car, that "where chill, that he could play for a girl." so at this point im like this is crazy, dude wants to trade 1500 dollars speakers for a cd???
so i say, dude load the speakers in my car, and i'll go to the atm and get some cash, dude loads the speakers, I lock them in my car, and then i tell him i will be right back, as i walk to the atm.....so....i walk just out of sight, and i bolt!!!!!
i just run and run. leaving my car locked on the street....
i came back 3 hours latter.
the left me a note on my car with 2 phone numbers saying "call us" yeah...right.
but i have to say, i think these speakers are DOPE! the are loud, and sleek, and apear to be really really nice speakers. im even a dj, so i have heard lots of speakers, i love my new speakers, it was nice that they where free.
hope some of you who got ripped off will find this as a little sweet revenge.
they had a white ford explorer with florida tags.
I am in boulder colorado.

mikeinsugarland
Unregistered guest
Don't people listen to their mamas!! What do they say ?? DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS !! Especially, some dudes in a white vans. All the people here are lucky that all you lost is some extra cash.

You could lose a lot more, like your life !! Just be thankful that these guys don't have guns or are some psycho paths or something like that. Very foolish of some of you for taking these people to the ATMs.

Learn your lesson and spread the words ...

Peace ..

Danepettit
Unregistered guest
If you get taken by this scam, like I did simply return the speakers by calling the number on the receipt and setting up an appt. within 3 work days. I returned them at 5 days with no problem. I actually went to address on receipt at day 3 and noone was there all day so I called and explained that and they took them back. Lesson learned and it cost me nothing and I also realized I dont need a surround sound system. I hooked it up and it was too much for my room and sound wasnt greatest.

Anonymous

I just got scammed too! Same scenario, 2 dudes in a white truck, packed full of speakers, they said they got a extra set delivered by accident. They showed me HD Magazine that had the speakers advertised for $1495. They were like, "Don't tell our boss!" they said make an offer I told them $400, and they were like I know you have money. Look at the car your driving. I didn't have $400 cash, I only had $140 cash and a personal check for the rest, which they accepted. I got back to the office to research my bada$$ new speakers when I found this page. All I could say was "Doh!", I quickly put a stop payment on my check, they can have the speakers back if I get my cash back. I give mad props to the guy who locked the speakers in his car! You da man!!! That is so freaking funny!!! I feel like an idiot, but at least I'm not the only one, I can't help but laugh at myself. Beware of the white van!

response to above
Unregistered guest
Actually, $140 for those speakers is about right. Good thing you stopped payment on the check.

Scammed
Unregistered guest
10-21-04 Elyria, Ohio
They got me by the mall today, wanted $600. I told them I only had $140 on me and they were like pssshhh ok fine. They drove a white van with dahlton decals on it, said they had them extra from a job. He said next time I see hime I owe him a sandwhich.....yeah Im gonna give him and his 2 friends f@$%in knuckle sandwhich! I havent hooked them up but they are theater logic 3 way speakers with a 10 inch sub and built in amp. They look nice, but im sure they are sh!t.

Unregistered guest
Yep mee too i think it was like 4 days ago in Denver Colorado, mississippi/ havana white mid 20's guy and very cute girl mid 20's bangin. got me for 200, driving a gmc pos. always with the same gig, they tried to get some dank in addition to the cash. failed. my friend has the phone number of the person that hired the guy that sold them to me, revenge is sweet. If any one would like to have the phone # and directly express your concerns to someone here it is enjoy 303-277-1929

ghghgh
Unregistered guest
Glad I am not alone in getting scammed, just happened in Denver CO, 10/21 two guys and a girl, Dark SUV with Texas lisence plates. I got the same story sounds like many of you got. On the upside the took a check from me so there will be a stop payment first thing in the morning.

Anonymous

Yup b*st*rds got me too...Three clean cut guys in a white van with some "extra speakers" got me for $300. Sounded good since they wanted $800. I was in a Dominicks parking lot in Matteson, IL. I am keeping my eye out for them now....

Anonymous

They offered them to me in Houston TX off of Westheimer. I thought the deal was too good to be true so I passed on it. Glad I did! Watch out in Houston.

chuck85122
Unregistered guest
just enjoy those speakers...noboby put a gun on your head to buy this!!! If they wrer sold in storo you will pay around 500-800$, so be happy.
I got a kit by a ebay resealer and those sound great..and I know what I'm taking about a work in professional sound ans lighting buisness here in canada..suberb quality/value.
smile!

Username: Jamie007

I'm the same guy who posted 10/20 who cancelled the check. They actually called me yesterday and asked why I put a stop on the check. I was like because those speakers are crap and they're not what you said they were. He said "if you listen to them you'll be happy, their well worth it" He was like "So now what do I do." I said give me my money back and you can sell the speakers to someone else. He said "I spent the money" He came back with "Give me the speakers back, I can sell them to a pawn shop for $400 and then I'll bring you your money" I said yeah right, their is no way you are going to have my money and the speakers. He said he'll call me back, so far I haven't heard from him and hopefully won't. I still can't believe I fell for this crap in the first place.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 629
I heard a neighbors teenage boy nearby got scammed too, so I went over to listen to them. They were the Dahlton 2500 ti towers and truly atrocious sounding speakers. I drove the kid over to my house (as he wasn't aware of how a good speaker should sound) and played my Monitor Gold GR10's in surround (which wowed him) and in a small room played him the Ascend $325 small speakers--and the poor boy cried. He said-"Damn, those little speakers sound hundreds of times better than mine". I told him to sell them at his folks next garage sale and then talk to me and I will help him out on choosing some new or used speakers. Poor guy. Those Dahlton's don't even have any dampening material inside the cabinets and must have the world's cheapest crossovers, causing the sound to bump up and suck out at various frequencies. Since these are one of Dahlton's top drawer products, I can only imagine how the others sound.

Strangely enough, GR-Research has done speaker testing on these (I guess to see how truly bad they are) and the results "speak" for themselves.

Go check out the following: http://www.gr-research.com/dahlton.htm

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1733
and don't forget, these are the same things as Theater Research, Dogg Digital or some other silly digital name.

Anonymous

Me too...how stupid could I be. They got me in the Best Buy parking lot in Mt Laurel NJ, 10/22/04 at 5:30 PM. Luckily I wrote down the liscence plate YNJ 4501 Pa, full size white Chevy van with the front drivers side door damaged. Local police asked me to file a complaint.

Unregistered guest
here in little ol Laramie WY I withdrew 200 and then gave them an extra 100 on top. I guess I have a surround sound system now. They were in a blue Denali with Fla plates hailing from Golden, CO. I should have run to the university comp. lab, researched a bit then I would have known. But I gave willingly so my bad. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it is too good to be true!!! They did a good job convincing me to buy them. Lessons learned. Never again. I will file a police report tomorrow. I have the dude's cell #, promising him I would come down to Denver to hang. He also wanted to trade cd's, perscription drugs and illegal drugs for the speakers. Maybe that should have tipped me off. I wonder how much they made off me today?

VAL
Unregistered guest
JUST WANTED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE NEW HOME CINEMA MY HUSBAND GOT, COME TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE REAL DEAL, AND WHAT A DEAL IT WAS!
HE PAID $250 IN WEST COVINA,CITY OF INDUSTRY.
TWO MALE , ONE WHITE THE OTHER HISPANIC, DRIVING A BLACK BLAZER WITH A MAGNETIC SIGN ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR SAYING "DAHLTON HOME THEATERS INSTALLERS"

Anonymous

These speakers sound great! Don't know why everyone is complaining. Stupid fu**s don't know how to hook up stuff that's all.

Unregistered guest
Ok everything the same as the others Theater Logic Home Cinema L6 working, however I saw them again. Using my mother (I know lol), anyway, she got them talking and we called the cops. Needless to say the cops couldn't do anything about the equipment sold. However they did have a open container, a DWI, and a suspended liscense. So they spent some time in local jail. LOL. However the officer did help by running the liscense plate through the DMV and guess what it was a company car. Traced back to 1851 I-45 League City, this is there headquarters for Houston. It is in a rental storage/business center. No one was there when we got there, but on the front side were the business sections are located #36 near the entery gate is there is the door and on it is United Audio AKA G.F. Audio. If anyone can get ahold of those guys there good luck. At least I found them and they got some time in jail (even if it was for a night). O I bought it for $300, a sucker born every day.

Tim the SUcker
Unregistered guest
HAHAHA...i have joined the club of suckers... They were in the Texas SUV..Tried to get me to go to an ATM. but i didnt. I got the magazing with the 1500$ price and the same talk about how they got too many.
I only fell for giving them $24, and $20 radar dector i said was worth over 100, 3 cds, and the dumbass took the smelly thing out of my car...
I dont know if im dumber, or if they are...but i still wouldnt mind cutting their heart out with a knife :-)

Anonymous

I've been had today. two males in there early 20's one white one hispanic. driving a white ford expidition with Florida tags. same old sales pitch. I was suckered for $360. what a fool i was. i thought it was fishy and should have followed my instincts. live and learn right. beware in westminster CO.

Neveragain
Unregistered guest
Gees i feel like a dumb A@# now. I havent hooked them up but I'm praying they work. I just bought the Dahlton AV5.1 for $300 bones. Oh well

Username: Vegas1

Just got scammed!! Ahhh, I'm pissed!! Got me an hour and a half ago in Las Vegas on Charleston and Hualapai. I bought it hook,line, and sinker. Got their Nevada license plate#247 RAH 2004 Dodge Durango, white. Anybody want to help me get these guys?

Username: Jamie007

Yep those are the same guys that got me,a new white Durango, they got me out at Eastern/Horizon ridge in Henderson. They only got me for $140, revenge would be nice, but not worth it. How much did they get you for? I haven't even opened the box on these POS's yet, I'm afraid too... Did they say you owe them a beer...

Bob S.
Unregistered guest
Curious though...seems like most complaints are dealing with them not working....could this be from just poor handling, frieght wise. Or is the system really that cheap...Btw bought mine for $140 and havent had any problems to speak of YET.

fdhshfsg
Unregistered guest
These 2 a$$holes got me today in the San Diego State University parking lot for $180. One fat white guy and one black guy driving a dark gray Ford F150. Pissed me off so bad! I have the white guy's cell phone number and his name on his driver's license is Sean even though his message claims to be "Jeff Brown." If anyone wants to harass these guys feel free to ask me for his number.

belogical
Unregistered guest
Watch out they are scamming in the Baton Rouge area.

some angry mother f*******
Unregistered guest
these mother f****** my husband was hit up at an HEB in san antonio tx. same s**** . pulled out a magazine and said they were worth 1500. they wanted 900 at first and then went down to 250. we paid 220. for the damn speakers. so do they not work? there names were mike and chris. hell yeah we're pissed. i'm trying to look them up and i find this s****.

Unregistered guest
Brother was just scammed in Vegas. Two mid-twenty white guys w/ brown hair. Green Ford Expedition. Hes got the license #. Unfortunately for these guys, I have the $$ and connections with the Fed. prosecutors to nail the two in Vegas. I need the help of anyone who has been scammed by the clowns in Vegas. Please e-mail me your contact info. Time to rain on their parade.

Unregistered guest
SOS. Got me in Denver and tried to get me again in Highlands Ranch. I thought i was bomba"" cause i talked em down 400 bucks to $150. They work and they look good but only if u think big bass and high frequencies are what good sound is. Then they blow out when u start tinkerin with em. Called a few Pawn shops and they know all about it, won't even let the motherf***** in the store. Coloradans watch out. It's happening all over the place. If anybody out there is from CO drop me an e-mail and we'll start spreading the news and maybe the next time they come back anywhere around here we can slash their tires and make em run. :-) It'd be fun to turn the tables and get them pissed for once.

asdfa
Unregistered guest
They just got my dad for 200$ in the small town of Muenster, Texas. If I see this fu<kers im going to kick some a$$.

Whats with the warranty? Can't you get the address that is supposed to be sent to and send the police after them.

Unregistered guest
well, I got the shaft yesterday in 29Palms CA. I paid $200, but Im really not complaining. The speakers sound great. They shake the walls and are ear piercinly loud. I have an HD TV, hooked them up to that and thay sound great too. For $200 you couldnt buy better speakers at any store. I bought the KV 1550ti's. They plug into the wall... Anyway I guess my only gripe is the way they hook up with the coaxial cable.

Heres the info I got anyway, if your interested. 03-04 Chevy Trailblazer, Charcoal grey, CA Plates
SOUNDLAB
1835 Newport Blvd. A109 #239
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone 714 258 8717
The phone number dosent work so Im guessing the whole thing is bullshit.

Unregistered guest
BTW These guys had some Cerwin Vega stuff too. So look out I guess. Guy was australian, said his name was Scott.

Username: Assed

Well sh*t ... it just happened to me. $300; EXXON station; 2 dumb guys. I wanna shoot someone .... what do I do now? Should I keep the damn thing (does it work?) or can I sell it to the pawnshop (how much, anyone?)? Advice anyone?

Username: Assed

BTW ... I'm in Houston ... anyone wanting to do anything that could help get my money back, land these guys in jail, or just beat the sh*t out of them ... I'M IN!! senjanurani@hotmail.com

Obvious-Mann
Unregistered guest
What strikes me as funny is you all are so hot about being ripped off, yet several of you then go on to ask how to get some other sucker to buy them off you. What ever happened to the 'Golden Rule'? (The REAL one, not 'He with the Gold, Rules')

Also showing the lack of brain power that gets most of you suckered in is the blatancy with which you advertise on a public forum your desire to commit a crime against these guys. Robbing, Beating and/or Killing them are CRIMES. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Isn't it about time this thread is put down?

Esroh
Unregistered guest
ILLINOIS Great Marketing Technique
I purchased these speakers and they sound great. I'm very satisfied. Two KV 2500 towers and surround I paid $420. I didn't let them go over the whole speal because they would have the upper hand in the negotiation process. They were cool guys and I hope they don't use the money for Drugs. What a persistant hussle.
Perception is Ignorance.

oldbear
Unregistered guest
What a deal?????? Stupid me, just got took for $140 for Dahlton AV 5.1 Home Theater System, hope it works. I guess the truth is you just don't get something for nothing. Sorry that the world is so dishonest. I how those tow white guys in a white van in the Santa Maria, CA area sleep well tonight. God help them!

st00pid
Unregistered guest
Just got scammed like 45 minutes ago by these guys in Lafayette, CO in a Walmart parking lot. Burgandy Ford Expidition or Explorer with Florida plates. Same story as everyone else, even tried to hit me up for an extra $20 for beer. I got the Theater Logic Home Cinema T2400 for $400. Yep. I should have known better.

screwd'2
Unregistered guest
Screwd'2 in Warren Ohio at Sheetz by white van with the name Dahlton on it. Just about the same as everyone else.The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing I have a lot of company.
Do these things work or am I out $200?

Jed Hunsaker
Unregistered guest
Man, I feel dumb. You guys should feel lucky losing only $200 or less. I just dropped $360 at Austin Community College Northridge campus parking lot in Austin, TX. Dahlton loudspeakers, KV 1500 ti. They look slick.

One darker-skinned (hispanic?) guy stayed in the truck while the heavier white guy showed me the stuff. Darker guy said his name is Taylor, (512)203-1756. I'll try the number tomorrow and tell them they sold me two right speakers (cuz they did). One of them sounds like a bolt is loose inside. The tape job on the boxes doesn't even look new, although the boxes were in good shape and the magazine was very convincing.

Dark red Ford Explorer, pretty new (too small for an Expedition I think). I got the beer line too, and the white dude said he was lookin' for some bud (dope).

I haven't hooked the speakers up yet, but maybe it's worth it. I'm surely not going to sell them to anyone else, unless you really want 'em.

You can contact me at spam at lavadrop dot com.

Anonymous

i got screwed then i guess. the speakers sound damn good for $200 though. oh well pearland tx, and i got their license plate number

Anonymous

Just got dinged yesterday in Las Vegas as well on west side of town. Two guys in a Ford Expedition with Texas plates. Two Dahlton Front Speakers, and a 5.1 surround package. Fake receipts, Magazines, cell number, story. Just learned an expensive lesson.

chuck chase
Unregistered guest
almost scammed in sacramento paid 360,00 went back and told them i will call police and they give me my money back called police

Unregistered guest
friday november 12, 2004 4:20 pm
I got dupped reral good today, same old story that they had to many speakers and needed to sell them so they didnt get stuck with them. they gave me a story that some one had offered them $800.00 and tried to get me for $500.00, i finally got them to agree to $350.00 for the tower speakers annd the home surround sound. They then bugged me for $20.00 in beer money, i ktold them no but they got me for $10.00, for a total of $360.00. My husband then took them home thinking we got a good deal. He decieded to check the computor to see if we got a good deal thats when he found this website. Itwas a good thing he did this. When we figured out we got screwed I told my husband to drive back over to the B of A parking lot and hope they might still be around, we were lucky, 45 minutes had passed and they were still there. HE then blocked them in with his own car and demanded our money back and told them the police were on the way, they werent happy but they gave it back and left. These were two clean cut guys in their mid twentys driving a brand new cadillac escalade pearl white in color with Nevada lis. plates. has this happened to any one else in the sacramento ca. area? This happened at the B OF A parking lot on Sunrise Bl. in Citrus heights Ca.

damn fool
Unregistered guest
They got me this week for $300. They are good don't feel bad they are trained to confuse you. Same as a car dealer or any sales person.Once you have time to see whats going on its too late. Think of it as we over paided for these speakers.Now how many times do this happen a day.I paid $4,000 for a plasma tv sales person said they were not going down any time soon.Two weeks later they are $2900.

Unregistered guest
They must be getting desperate. They were in Lampasas, TX today. Most of you are going "Where tha?". Sold the surround sound system for $150 to friend of my husbands on the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Anonymous

Screwed in Vegas. Just paid 200 for what is apparently crap. Magazine ad, "loaded us with too many speakers at the shop", basically the whole song and dance. I guess the benefit is I'll never be taken again.

GOTTAKEN
Unregistered guest
those fockers got me too - bought the damn theatre crap , cant connect it nothing - $100 BONES DOWN THE CRAPPER - WATCH OUT THEIR IN LA VERNE - WHITE ASTRO VAN WHITE GUY - SAID THEY DID A SHOW AT THE POMONA FAIRPLEX - FAWKEN BAS TARD!!!!!!

SUCKER
Unregistered guest
GOT RIPPED OFF TODAY IN THE PARKING LOT OF A HOME DEPOT IN SCHAUMBURG, IL. MAN AM I A SUCKER. $200.00 FOR SPEAKERS AND $40.00 MORE FOR BEER MONEY. I ACTUALLY FELT BAD FOR THE GUY. THEIR LOCAL OFFICE IS 1025 LUNT, UNIT B, IN SCHAUMBURG IL, JUST IN CASE YOU GOT RIPPED OFF IN THE CHICAGO SUBURBS AND WANT TO PAY THEM A VISIT.

Unregistered guest
dayum they got me to in san antonio tx they were driving a red ford suv and told me the had extra and they were just tryin to sell them b4 the went back to the warehouse.... i hope they work if so 200 bucks wassn't that bad......bit@h asked me to buy him some beer..........said he grad. high school in el paso tx in 2001 but could have been makin convo.

stupid1
Unregistered guest
Just Got screwed $200 in Lowes parking lot in Fairlawn, OH. Two Twenty somethings in white Dodge Van with Dahlton sign and Avalon distributors Inc. sign.
Con- artist= Shawn P.Haugh (724)695-3414
Address = 307 High Tech Dr. Oakdale, PA 15071

They used all of the same lines and even hit me up for $20 for beer. But they did accept a personal check for the speakers. They can buy their own beer.

Anonymous

Stop payment on the check!

Anonymous

I haven't hooked the satellites up yet, but The whoofer sounds pretty allright... I'm heading over Home depot in in a few days to buy a roll of Fiberglass Wall Insulation to pack them with... And maybe Radio Shack for some good wiring equipment... I'll blow maybe $25, And my brother will have a pretty passable home-audio system... I figure, Wow... This lemon tastes bitter... Hmm... Anybody got some sugar??? (Jack Of All Trades 42)

ftp
Unregistered guest
Why can't the police put a stop to this, wait what am i saying police are the dumbest people to ever live. this includes all police. i think police are people who have failed at everything so they become cops and are still failures but now they can write tickets to successful people and it makes them feel better about themselves.

Anonymous

Those 2 con artists are pretty clever. Took me for 100 in Vegas @Durango & Charleston. They are very nice looking and convincing. Wish I had read this before - but I guess I am the dumb one here. Same green Ford Expedition with Texas plates. Everything happens for a reason....waiting to find out what this one is!!!!

upgrade
Unregistered guest
i feel sick... they did this too me last year... now i am sad and the guy asked for an additional $20.00 for beer.... i spent 220 altogether... this may be old but it did happen to me :-( sad now

Unregistered guest
Same sh*t !!!
Chino hills, CA this morning...two white guys with black truck...I paid $200,,damn mistake...
anyway..watch out guys...

GOTCHA
Unregistered guest
STOP CRYING, DAMN. TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SOLD OR PITCHED TO, LET ME JUST SAY THAT IF YOU FELL FOR IT, THEN BE MAD AT YOURSELF ONLY. I AM ONE OF THESE GUYS THAT YOU ALL ARE CRYING ABOUT. I'LL ADMIT THAT I GO OUT EVERY DAY AND PITCH PEOPLE, THE STUPID, GREEDY, NIEVE, PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE BOUGHT AND ARE COMPLAINING HERE. YOU SHOULDN'T EVER MAKE A SPONTANEOUS PURCHASE OFF THE BACK OF A TRUCK. I MAKE AN AVERAGE OF $400 A DAY PLUS SALE BONUSES OF AN ADDITIONAL $800 WEEKLY, WOULDN'T YOU IF YOU COULD, OVER $2,000 WEEKLY. MY CONSCIENCE USED TO BOTHER ME WHEN I FIRST STARTED, BUT THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, IF YOU BUY OFF A TRUCK ANYWHERE, YOU GOT TAKEN. THE ADS AND INVOICES ARE REAL, ANYONE CAN PURCHASE AN INSERT IN ANY MAGAZINE. I'M LOOKING OUT FOR ME AND MY FINANCES, PAYING FOR SCHOOL, YOU WOULD TO IF YOUR PAYDAY WAS AS GOOD AS MINE. YOU GET HUSSLED EVERYDAY, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, YOU PUT GAS IN YOUR CAR? HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THEY PAY FOR IT THEN SELL IT TO YOU. BE SMART, FOLLOW YOUR GUT, BUT DON'T HATE THE IF YOU BOUGHT. YOU MADE THE FINAL DECISION. IF YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND GOT TAKEN, SORRY, I'M JUST DOING WHAT I GOTTA DO TO MAKE MONEY FOR NOW. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHER JOBS OUT THERE, BUT YOU DON'T MAKE THIS KINDA MONEY THIS QUICK. ANYHOW, THAT'S IT. THE SYSTEMS DO WORK AND SOUND GOOD, WE HAVE THEM HOOKED UP AT THE OFFICE. THE DAHLTONS REALLY KICK-A**.A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED....DIDN'T YOUR MOMMA TEACH YOU. SEE YOU ON THE STREETS.

Username: D3adcell

Hey gotcha, wanna point me in the right direction to hooking them up? I got the sub hooked up and it sounds great, but cant get the other speakers to work, not sure how to hook them up.

Im sure many people would appreiciate it besides just me.

Unregistered guest
Same story in Sacramento, CA. I feel like an idiot. I paid $300 + $20 beer money.

feel_like_an_idiot
Unregistered guest
yeah sacramento, CA. they were driving a ford expedition, tan, i paid 180$ no beer. i feel like an idiot but i am ok now that i know other people have made the same mistake.

gotjacked.
Unregistered guest
Got screwed? Yes I did. Same story. Two white guys, mid twenties, in white mini-van. Paid $400, thought it was a bargain. Wow! How stupid can I be? You see, people are always looking for a good deal and get screwed in the process. This teaches me a lesson again. Man, will I ever learn? I gave the ba*tards "beer money" too.

Mad in Killeen
Unregistered guest
Jeez I got screwed too in Killeen, Texas! Same story, two guys in a white van and I paid 200 bucks! Thought I was getting over. I was going to put them up for bid on ebay but then I decided to do a search and find out the actual price of the speakers and came up on this site. Wow I feel so stupid. I can't sell them on ebay anymore. That will constitute fraud. Don't fall for this and be a victim.

Unregistered guest
Just had the same thing happen in the parking lot of Target in San Marcos, TX. A couple of college age kids and a beautiful brunette chic in an expedition with Cali plates same story as all the others. Got me for $200 and a flash of the chic's tit's no beer. Looks like a pretty good system am going to hook it up tomorrow to my surround receiver. At least I got most u other guys beat I got the same speakers and a look at some really great tits.

Anonymous

I got took today in the parking lot of the Home Depot in Duncanville, Tx. Young guy in a white van with DAHLTON painted on the upper corner on the side of the white van. Have not seen many posts that were positive about the quality of the equipment. Got me for $500. Same telephone number for the T&M Enterprises. I will hook them up to see if they even work, and to see what they sound like. Jeez!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us