Getting the picture to fit my screen on my Tv.

Username: Freshout1616

Krik

Post Number: 1
I have a 51inch Hitachi Big screen projection tv. I hooked my computer up to it, and it doesnt fit the screen right. I used a S video jack. So it cuts part of the screen off. I messed with all the display settings and stuff, I know it isnt in there. My computer is acting like it is still using a monitor and not a tv. Can you help me?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2795
Is your Hitachi a widescreen?

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 21
What do you mean by cuts off? If it is a widescreen, and you are using s-video, you cant get true widescreen images.

Unregistered guest
I am having a similar problem, although not with a widescreen tv. I am using a single video card to run my monitor and a tv cloned. The picture on my montior is great but when the same image is displayed on my TV part of the image is "cut off". Any ideas?

CoreyT
Unregistered guest
When running the PC to the TV set in clone mode, you must cut the resolution back on your PC.
My PC runs its desktop @ 1680x1050 for my Dell 2005 FPW 20.1" monitor, but the 27" TV set can only go up to 1024x768, so when I want to watch a show back on the TV that I recorded on my PC, I set the PC back to 1024x768 to match the TV, and it fits perfectly.

A little more info here on my PVR page.
http://www.pnw4runners.com/tando/pvr.htm

Corey

Unregistered guest
Try Tvtools software it will let u adjust to fit your tv
let me know if u cant find
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message