Help with set up please!!

Username: Cpottr

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I hope this message finds you all well. I am completely lost and need help setting up my new entertainment system. I have purchased the following:

Sony grand wega 50 inch tv
Sony DVP ns975v dvd player
Yamaha Rx-v750 receiver
Cox dvr player

I have purchased a hdmi to hdmi cable to connect the dvd player to the tv. I have also purchased a toslink optical cable to connect the dvd player to the receiver. Is that the right way to do it? I also do not know what I need to connect the tv to the receiver. I want to run the sound from both the tv and the surround sound system. I am assuming that the Cox cable person will be able to hook up the dvr system and the hd cable, but one never knows what will happen. As I am totally clueless, I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thanks

Christian

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2733
First, check your owner's manual and if you still have troubles go here.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

A lot of setup scenarios.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 97
There are lots of different setup possibilities. The only suggestion I have is that you might consider using the highest quality connection(HDMI) for your HD signal where it will make a larger impact, and then use component cables to connect your 480p DVD player.

As for your setup possibilities, a lot will depend on Cox and what output options exist on their cable box.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us