Lose surround sound when switching from sat. to off-air antenna

Unregistered guest
I have a Sony tv (kv-36fs100), Sony A/V receiver(STR-DE597),Phillips sat. receiver and Apex dvd.When I switch from the sat. or dvd player to the outside antenna to watch locale channels, I lose the surround sound.It's got to be something simple but I can't figure it out. Please help, Nascar starts Saturday night.

Anonymous

I had the exact same problem on my samsung surround sound system. What I found is that with a push of a button on my remote on satelite stations I would have sound on all my speakers but when I switched to a High definition channel I would not get sound out of the rear speakers. One thing I did is turned off teh self callibration mode on teh receiver and raised teh volume of teh rear speakers to teh max. You will not get surround sound when someone is talking but you will for music and some sound effects. It has to do with teh type of channel broadcast. For instance, When I press surround sound mode on my remote on high definition channels I get a message from teh reciever that says it only applies to 2 channel sources. You should get surround sound sometimes out the rear but not all the time. I'm new to this stuff so don't take what I'm saying as correct but its been my experience. I have seen car racing on an off-air channel before and you will or should get the sound of teh cars going by in teh rear speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us