Where to aim my surrounds?

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 24
I've mounted my Fluance SX-HTB surround speakers on the rearmost stud in my theater room. I've heard they should be mounted above and behind the listening position. Due to the small size of my room (9x13) the surrounds are in-line with the listening position, at about ear height when standing up. My wall mounts allow me plenty of flexibility in where to aim the speakers, so where should I point them?

Here's what the room looks like, more or less:
http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/image/37607634

The surrounds are mounted near the rear corners on the side walls.

I was thinking of aiming them towards the back wall, perhaps 30 degrees? Just so that they seem a bit less directional. Should I point them down towards the listening position or leave them level?

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 25
Also, I'm wondering what I can do to widen the 'sweet spot' with front speaker placement/aiming.

The right front speaker is just in front of the fully-opened door (by the way the TV has been moved to the right, next to the doorway, so that it's centered in front of chair 2), and the left is the same distance forward of the TV, and up against the left side wall. Both are toed in a bit. They don't quite point directly at chair 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us