Palermo VA 6.1 Professional theater ...

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through November 18, 2005Nickyfrmvegas100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

TommysWife
Unregistered guest
Nickyfrmvegas LMFAO u wish u had a kid from me thers no fking way i would of ever slept with u I know the real truth cause i was ur victim not ur enjoyment ur mad cause i didnt keep it from Tommy unlike his ex-bestfriend. Come on Nicky u know u owed us that money and u know its. Your just mad the u dont have Tommy to be ur biotch anymore and he chooses his family over u Please:/ All speaker life has been are broken promises and lies. Nicky good luck paying off MP's ill be going to boot camp so good luck. We know u cant do the job ur self and u have to pay other ppl but ur lawyers cant over look that u are a felon and that the law is the law thank u for the threat we needed proof lmao ur not to smart ur starting to get more enemys than friends

DER RICK AZ
Unregistered guest
also it looks like im not the only 1 that has fu cked 1 of your girlfreinds lol

Anonymous

yeah i just got one of these so call good deals from a guy in a gray van he actually stop me at a free way but i did get his license plates but their from canada (482TBA) the people who sold them were two cacation males and a female, by the way one of my friends bought a system last year too but it was a Teather Research System so im guessing they all work to gether or something to jack us.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
derick you a flea dude as mad as i am at tommy, you are the biggest flea of them all

THETRUESPEAKERGOD
Unregistered guest
4000sqf house all the sh it pd for and u want me to quit lol lol lol if you had this would you?

Hey tommy looks like you did not hurt sh it!It seems to me you are the only one that is broke lol hows that floor feel lol lol lol

Anonymous

yea i got jacked by those punk beatches $200 no big deal but when i see them or someone else does first KARMA CHUMP im gonna beat em down and make them blow me then me and the boys r gonna have a good time at their 4000 sf house

anyone have or know the correct directions to setup speakers got chumped along with everyone else but lost directions and want to try them out

directions
Unregistered guest
lol so u cant talk sh it that good and u cant read lol directions in the box! the 2 fronts hook up to the back of the sub .the center hooks up to the reciver and the small rears also hook up to the reciver ..now dont get evicted for some wanna be gang banger sh it or noise pollution with the bad a s s surround 6.1 pop in a movie and relax with a bevrage of choice and roll a fat 1 and have fun! till the next A.T.M your freindly A.T,M shark! Dont hate the player hate the game!

Anonymous

hey thx 4 the help. figured it out after a while and came back 2 c if anyone reponded. hooked it up 2 a fat reciever and it sounds good. my lady and i were both pleased and i didnt feel 2 bad about the whole thing after all. thx again read thru all comments and heard people asking 4 dir but never got any...peace out. now im off 4 a fatty and a movie

NOTMAD
Unregistered guest
make it sound better with a EQ,,,,,,all the palermo commponets are the same as Sony-JBL or any of thous mid pricerange speakers.Its all a combo of equitment that make good sound.I wish someone would start a thread on gas prices!(their is a subject worth getting mad about) or our teachers getting PD less than garbage men,and who can we blame duuu the goverment,even thou i belive this is the best country to live in.we still have a long way to go! sooooo quit bi tching about some SALESPEOPLE doing their job(SELLING U SPEAKERS) if i had a glass of water in the desert do u think i would sell it for the same price in say ALASKA?Its called "MARKITING" U know what the stockmarket does every day.for them it is the law to make their clients money{THE law] thats all these guys are doing{MOST HAVE A BUIZ lic) the ones that dont.well good luck to tous one's.ANd it seems to me they only one's that are mad ,are the ones who thought the could turn around and sell it or really thought the fell off tghe back of the truck lol come on,,where were you when they handed out commoncence? so like that other guy said grab a movie and shut it and roll a fat one or pop a pill lol and enjoy your purches

ADavid77
Unregistered guest
Hey everyone. I was approached by 2 guys trying to sell me the Palmero Speakers as well. Same story. I offered them $200 and said I needed to run to the ATM for the money. Figured I might be able to sell them on Ebay. On the way over I called my buddy and he searched it on the net. Sure enuf he found this web site so I turned them down. White newer SUV (durango?) in the Oceanside home depot parking lot.

DIDuKNOW
Unregistered guest
BROWN BOXES ARE PIRATE NOCK OFF'S THE REAL PALERMO'S BOX IS GREEN WATCH OUT!

fallen warrior
Unregistered guest
Everybody's so excited. Lots of drama. Lots of drama...

rufus P. Buttwipers
Unregistered guest
Don't fool yourself, ALL Palermos are crap no matter what color the box. You got took and didn't even know it...until now.

Ha Hah (nelson laugh)

rufus P. Buttwipers
Unregistered guest
Ummm, who are you responding to?

Taken in SLO
Unregistered guest
I spent $160 and have wasted more money on worse things that i have used less so whatever. I knew it was a scam but figued i have so much extra money lying around then wtf why not check em out. Pretty sure the guy showed me a fake ID for address info but whtever, seemed like a cool guy that was just trying to scam so i let him scam away. maybe i will pack this shitt up and give it as a gift.

Anonymous

they dont sound all that bad

Anonymous

got scammed today in whittier aka shittier. 200 bones and they even asked for some bud or beers. they were driving a blue older suv with a big independent sticker on the back. Oh well, im just going to say i stole them, make it sound real cool, and sell it to one of my stoner friends for double what i payed. easy way to make a couple hundred buck to spend on coke or something...actually probably just coke.

rufus P. Buttwipers
Unregistered guest
So why do you think you got scammed? Did they sound like crap or is it just because of what you read here? Just wondering?

fallen warrior
Unregistered guest
mNg COSTA MESA,
Is that you, Nickyfrmvegas? I'd know that hen peck typing anywhere. How have you been? You must have gotten really upset to change your name. So sad.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
ARE U ALL NUTS? I AM THE SPEAKERGOD DONT U KNOW? If you need to know why we are then, You are to new to matter so beat it!! lol
And as far as not posting 4 a good min.Just opened the 4 th office out of Seatle.and to busy counting 380 set week worth of pay in !!!!!!!!! AVG 5 doller a set guy is makeing about $1500 to $2000 a week not bad!!!!
so shhhhhhhhhhhhh and shut it! lol jk good to see the paLERMO BRAND IS SO POPULAR!LOL THE Mng's making about $4000 to $6000 a week with our program plus health INS. plus CO VEH plus set at cost and on the front.lol quit talking sh it and come start making what you are worth,and not what you have settled for.....SAN DIEGO SAN FRAN COSTA MESA SEATTLE with LAS VEGAS OPEning in the fall....missed you cry baby back stabing lil wanna be 's........So OFF TO THE BANK LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL WWW>SPEAKERGOD.blogspot.com sweet!!!!!!!!!! oh bye the way i had to switch servers to get back in here lol they kicked me out for trying to bribe 1 of their account reps lol(he made $120,000 a yr .should of went for some 1 else lol live and learn..........Dont hate the player hate the game lol

fallen warrior
Unregistered guest
I knew it...

Anonymous

To everyone posting the raping that they took, thank you, you kept me from buying from one of these wankers on ebay, and, after reading this, I started looking around ebay a little harder. Working out of houston, tx, west palm beach, fl, costa mesa, ca, and st-jean-sur-richelieu, QC, these punks are running the scam on ebay as well. They are marketing the items on ebay under the brands PALERMO, THEATER RESEARCH, THEATER INNOVATIONS, DIGITAL RESEARCH, and HAUFMANN or HAUFMAN. All items are claiming an MSRP of over $2000, but are selling for $150 and up. Thank you so much for warning a prospective mark :-)

Anonymous

i just bought the palermo home theater system i havent try them, i paid 100 for them, i did not know anything about these dudes selling them. i just looked for some info about these speakers and i couldnt found nothing. Nimodo.
Bakersfield CA. Kern County.

Username: Youknowwho

Post Number: 6
wow nick really expanded this year!!!!!! way not to give up!........so, how many you guys up 2?
heard you took every 1 to Las Vegas for a crazy weekend!!! well STFO and fu ck all these NOOBS!!!So is it true Rob merdock is paying you a dollar a set to sell the PALERMOS?

way to goooooooo.....try to get him for 5 lol lol

Username: Master9716

Post Number: 1
well scam or not.. these speakers have amazing highs and sound amazingly loud.. if only they come in wood boxes.. but still .. I would recomend buying them but no more than 150 since who knows how much it cost them to make them.. the wooffer super sucks though.. just buy a seperate woofer..

if u buy any other set for 150 it wount have this Sony and Infinity highs like these speakers.. do.next time ill only offer 90 bucks for them.. Hey nick.. whats the lowest ur guys can take for a boxed hometheater system.?

wheres ur office I need also ahhaha

Username: Tuan

I feel like sucker. The guys in a van convince me to buy a palermo system. It was to good to be
true. He wants $600, but I was able to bid for $200.(thinking it was stolen)
I check the system on-line, but nothing listed and I found this web-site.
Dam!! I got SCREWED. Next time when I see these guys again, I swear I will kick the hell of out them

Username: Usu110712

Thank goodness I am not the only one that got screwed. We got our system in Mesquite at the gas station by McDonalds. White van, with a 6' caucassian and Latino guy. They had two systems we got our for 180.00 which is a rip off. If any of you are in Mesquite - DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!. By the way the caucassian guy speaks really fast and won't take no for answer. If you any of you find these guys please post so that the rest of us know that these scum bags are off the streets and scaming us for our hard earned money.

Username: Tiffanyrose

KINGMAN, ARIZONA USA

I LIVE IN KINGMAN ARIZONA AND A WHITE VAN CAME UP TO MY WORK AND I WAS ON MY WAY TO GET LUNCH AND THE SAID HEY WANNA BUY A HOME THEATER AND I SAID ARE YOU HIGH WELL THEY KEPT TRYING FOR 400 AND COME ON NOW I WORK AT KFC I DONT MAKE 400 SO THEN I SAID I ONLY HAVE 150 AND THEY WERE ABOUT TO DRIVE AWAY AND THE PASSENGER SAID SHE CAN HAVE MINE SO I GAVE HIM 150 AND BROUGHT THEM HOME AND MY PARENTS ENDED UP BUYING THEM FOR THE SAME PRICE I DID AND MY PARENTS SEEM TO LIKE THEM SO I GUESS IT WASN'T A RIP OFF

Bronze Member
Username: Shawndecker1

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 14
Don't feel too bad. I too was tempted in my day to buy speakers from the back of a van. I love speakers, even when I don't need them. They drive up along side vehicles that can cart them away. I happened to be in a F150 on a Friday when I was approached, just after getting paid. Same MO, "just give us enough cash to go to the t*tty bar, dude." These "hustlers" are taught how scope out their prey. They're not going to approach anyone over 40 and will circle around in vehicles where they can conceal their product and have several fast escape routes. You can bet any # they give you is bogus and will want the transaction over quickly. Even when presented with an apparent scam, it looks good. That's the b*tch. You quander over the choice you have, and still choose the scam. No they don't point guns, or hide behind masks, so it's right up there with buying gold at a farmer's mart. You want what you want, just don't have the $$ to buy it so you settle for what you can. Don't feel too bad, imagine shelling out $1200 on a Bose system!!!!

Username: Fuckpalermo

Consumer Warranty Division
4195 Chino Hill Parkway #456
Chino Hills, CA 91709-2618.

Enjoy.

I bought these speakers in West Palm Beach, FL. I was expecting to use em in my dorm room, but they don't come with an amp, so now they're no use. Neither is the $200 I spent on em. Well at least they made a fool out of me, and I got to learn a lesson. A lesson not worth $200. And guess who has to become a scam a ss ba stard himself?

Username: Crazyleggs

If you are out there im looking for you. You got me like a sucker and i give you props for it. But lets see how it feels when i connect the speakers to your a ss and the vibration makes you sh*t through your mouth. I'll get you!!!! So if i was you i'd run and make sure you choose your grave. Thanks a lot a ss hole

sincerely,
crazyleggs 4 life

Username: Firelife

I got scamed as well for 200 dollars from and a ss hole who was in a gray mini van in hespera ca. my father is a cop and i did get his plates so if you read this i'm comeing for you my money and for everyone ealse that got f**ked over.. it's on punks

Username: Dumboldfart

Miami, FL USA

got screwed by two chumps, one anglo male and a latin in the kendall area in s. florida.

champagne metaallic F150. look out haven't plugged them in but obviously a scam. they took me for a ride but they'll get there time in the can. $$$ is too easy until someone sees a post beforehand and gets them arrested.

Username: Tuan

Post Number: 2
I beat up a guy yetersday at Fry in a parking lot for trying to selling me one of those crappy speakers. Anyhow, I didn't get my money back, but I got a court appearance for next week. The truth is I don't mind. What was exciting was I beat the crappy out of him.

Username: U_r_a_hot_t

SW Florida...2 guys in the same goldish F150 with a bed cover...sold me the Palermo VA6.1 and 2 Millenium MTS 2605's...payed too much...the Millenium's sound pretty good with my yamaha amp...the center and sub of the Palermo sound good, but the surround speakers get distorted...I must have got a good one, cause they worked really good at high volumes, but i actually have an amp that powers them...not sure what you all are using, but my amp is 725 watts...and it powers them...if you use a sony amp...its gonna sound bad anyways...so dont completely diss on these...yes i lost money, and they arent worst what they say, but they do work...and life is about risks...so dont fret it...consider yourself lucky to only have lost 200...cause i lost more...much more...

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 163
This is a very good website I found when I Googled "MTS 2605":

http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?country=none&state=Colorado&article=1

Username: Jan_masta

S.F.V. 818USA

WUDDUP EVERYONE.. YEAH SAME OL' STORY... THEY GOT ME AND MY DAD IN THE PARKING LOT OF HOME DEPOT IN PALMDALE, CA. WE PAID $200, BUT I HAVE NO REGRETS... ALL MY SPESKERS WORK SUCKAS!!! I JUST GOT THEM A COUPLE HOURS AGO AND MY NEIGHBORS ARE ALREADY COMPLAINING!! HA HA
PLUS, SEEING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ON THIS PAGE THAT FELL FOR IT, I HAVE NO DOUBTS THAT IF I GET TIRED OF 'EM I CAN JUST SELL 'EM TO THE NEXT VICTIM! LOL! ...PLUS THE GUY WE GOT 'EM FROM WAS A HOTTIE! :-)

Username: Qwerty54

I but the same palermo system as all of you from a guy in a bleu lincoln navigator in a parking lot in montreal(Canada).I didn't find any infos on the system.I paid 200$ for mine.I really want to know more on this system so if anyone as infos e-mail me please volcom_54@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 14

Username: Titties

yo wassup...damn after reading all these comments, i guess i got scammed too. i bought the no namer brand palermo, but i tried one of the speakers and it sounds pretty good. the guys gave me the same story about the home installations and the left over systems. these where 2 white guys selling their stuff from the back of a black toyota 4runner i got their plate number and phone number and i'll prolly call the cops. i bought them about 3 months ago in garden grove, CA. I give props to that guy who beat the SH** out of them...

Username: Dannynakash

i just got scammed also today . ipaid $300.00 for
palermo speakers.the speakers not work,

Username: Dannynakash

what cen i do,if someone cane help?

Username: Af1982

Well, the scam is alive and kicking in South Florida. Just got scammed at a gas station off US1 in Miami (coconut grove). Two guys, one overweight with a Boston accent, the other white. They were in a white minivan with a bunch of other equipment. Their story was really solid AND they were really nice guys. God, I feel like an idiot. Paid 300$. But you know what, life is about taking risks sometimes. I hope I run into these guys again.

Username: Payback

I hate that i got scammed, i paid $150, but i got the guys real phone number ( i used his cell to make a phone call)
So for a little revenge or if you want to vent your anger you can call him
(786) 261 3176
this is definetly his real number- i am sure

Username: Okxoko

yo Na was the guy who scammed you a short dominican guy? he's the one who got me at a bestbuy here in miami.

Username: Onsloth

CA

i got scamed in Santa Rosa CA. I pretty much paid 240 to teach myself a lesson. Same story as everyone else flordia licenese plates in a blue Winstar mini van. Said they lived in Sacramento. They played it off clean and i want in on the action. I got a tattoo that reads steady schemin and i've been doin it seince day one. Dont get me wrong id f**K em up if i was broke and i say them again. But then again i probably wouldent be wasting my money on sketchy deals if i was broke. I dont hate the player, i hate the gameOOOver. Billy you got my number hit me up if you want to move some sh*t.

Username: Las_vegas13

They got us too here in Las Vegas, NV for $160.00 they wanted $400. 2 white guys, 1 huge guy and a short guy with glasses driving a white mini van with temp plates. We haven't tried out the home entertainment center Palermo and after reading all this we will end up donating it. Lesson to be learned be careful these people are convincing and pushy, they talk a good game...fu@ers!!!!

Username: Stevenme2

Miami, Florida United states

Same here on 27 ave. at the race track by the stadium. one hispanic 1 black dude same story about extra delivery, black volvo jeep. watch out miami they are out there. =^(

Username: Fiyrmn

the little shithead has struck again !!!!! im a hard working fireman and got fucked !!! i hope your house burns down !!! the little spick is now driving a white ford explorer with vegas plates !!! i will find you soon enough !!!
and when i do its on you little basterd !!!

sleep well , and know that you are screwing hard working famliy men with kids to feed !!!

Username: Mrmontana1

Yeah I got hit today. Only it wasn't a little Mexi. it was a big guy like 6'4" a white explorer, Vegas PLates. I'm screwed too, I'm a hard working construction guy. I missed his plates. But he headed west on the 101, outside thousand Oaks.

Username: Cheated

Hi! My husband got tricked yesterday, in Riviere-du-Loup, Québec, Canada. I tried to warn him on his cell phone when I got information off this site, but it was too late. All was done pretty quickly. There was a guy and a girl, riding a white "Hummer". Mmmm... must have scammed a lot of people. Since no one posted in French, I feel the need is there. Here goes....

Avis a tous!!! Ne pas acheter les systemes de cinéma maison Palermo va 6.1 1000 watts. Ces systemes ne sont pas réputés et ne valent pas grand choses. Ils sont le fruit d'un fraude, d'une escroquerie, et les faux vendeurs s'y prennent tous d'une facon similaire, en disant qu'ils doivent a tout pris se débarasser d'un surplus de commande. Bien qu'il y a des haut parleurs dans la boite (et pas d'amplificateur) ca vaut ce que ca vaut, probablement pas plus que le 25$ vendu aux fraudeurs, par des Asiatiques.

Désolée si vous vous etes fait avoir... sinon, tant mieux si vous avez réussis a obtenir l'information a temps.

Palermo. Les fraudeurs étaient a Riviere-du-Loup, Québec, Canada. Ils semblent seulement commencer leur escroquerie au Québec. C'est a faire attention.

Post Number: 3
Le Hummer des fraudeurs était vert et non blanc. Je me suis trompé lorsque j'ai écrit auparavant. I made a mistake and wrote that the Hummer was white, but it was green, according to what my husband told me.

Username: Sa28

My boyfriend bought a Palermo home theater system in Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada. I hooked it up and everything works just fine. Not the best in sound quality, but for the price he paid you can't even get the really cheap ones in the stores here in quebec. So it was a good deal.

Mon conjoint a acheter un cinema maison Palermo a Val-d'Or, quebec (Abitibi-Témiscamingue) J'ai brancher le tous et ca fonctionne tres bien. Ce n'est pas ce qu'il ce fait de mieux en qualité de son mais ca fait l'affaire. Au prix qu'il a payé ca veut la peine, ont ne peut meme pas avoir un systeme cheap au magasin pour ce prix la, et le son est meilleur que sur un systeme cheap de magasin.

Username: El_majimbe

JUST BOUGH THE PALERMO SYSTEM, HAVE NOT TRIED THEM YET, TWO GUYS AT THE GAS STATION ON NW 186 ST AND 87TH AVE. TOLD THEM I NEVER HEARD OF THAT NAME BRAND, GAVE ME THE SAME SAD STORY, DID NOT BUY IT, AS I WAS GETTING I MY CAR TOLD THEM I HAD $50 BUCKS, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, SO THE GUY CARRIED THE SPEAKERS TO MY CAR AND LEFT. I DID NOT GET A LICENSE PLATE OR ANYTHING....HOW EVER THEY MAY SOUND FOR $50 BUCKS ITS NOT BAD, UNLESS THEY DONT WORK AT ALL, THAN I'LL BE PIST OFF.

Username: Nicole26436

wow, it is true "anything that seems to good to be true, probably is" I know this to be true but I am a sucker for sales people and always get talked into everything. I actually bought these in mind of someone that has the wiring for surround sound and will never afford to be able to buy them. What sucks most is my husband called me a pure dumb as- and asked what the hell is wrong with me. I knew it wasn't right when I did it but it is what it is. I too got stopped by a white van with 4 guys in it. I hope someone can help stop the scam, though I can handle to loose the 200 bucks alot of people can't. They should just tell the truth and sell them for what they are. I will make sure and send a email out to everyone I know.
Too the people that are selling this stuff; call everyone suckers and greedy as much as you like, You catch people off guard and tag there weekness about having something they could never dream of being able to afford. It is not so much greed but hope for a lucky day.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10030
Yup, but realize that the saddest part about your ordeal is the husband who calls you names, not the bad purchase and the four guys in the van.

Username: Fuck_you_guys

anybody wana buy some speakers? lol jk...i bought em for 200. LAS VEGANS HOPEFULLY YOU'LL READ THIS BEFORE BUYING FROM SHORT SPIC ASSSHOLE AND FAT FUKC WHITE MOTHER FUKCER. LISCENSE PLATE>>>>>437-TBA<<<<<<<dodge grand caravan sport southwest area all you spics, niiggers, and white trash selling these start carrying a gun because next time i see you i'll have one..

p.s. i am white u strawberry growin, cotton pickin, trailer trash livin pussys!!!

Username: Richc316

I guess I'm the newest sucker. I live in Buena Park, CA. Same deal with me, but two white guys in white van. I bought them for 200...I should have known right then and there that no one in their right mind would sell a "2500" dollar system at such a loss.

I got his license plate and his actual cell number 714-326-4144. They speakers work fine, but as others say, the quality isn't all that great. Guess that's just another life lesson learned at my expense.

Username: Makabra

today august 25, at 6:pm in anahiem california
two white guys in white van.

i bought the speakers for $160

and the speakers no worck

Username: Ptbo_idiot

they got me today around 1pm.. Peterborough, On, Canada.
Haven't tried them out yet.

Username: Ptbo_idiot

they work excellent. Paid 200 for them.

Username: Msghamdi

hey guys ,,

the same story of the van happned to me. two guys protending to be delivery boys and this item is extra loaded ,, the same as usual. anyways, i bought it for $200, i thought i had a good deal until i came across this thread. i decided to use them, but i have problem with connecting them. Sarah, would you please tell me how you connected the equipments to the TV ? do i need to buy AMP?

please let me know and this is the last time i buy something from the street. i had a feeling that it's a scam but i took the risk. They really looked serious. they are professionals. by the way, this happned to me in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Username: Imrichbiatch

Kinda got me too. He wanted $400, I hustled him and payed $100 and he hustled me and sold me some counterfeit @ss $hit. Anyways, I got them for $100 at Pinecrest (Miami, FL) today, but I got his celly and his plates. My brother is a cop and we are going to head hunt that f***** dummynican down! His number is 954-825-3042. I havent hooked them up, and I wont. If worse comes to worse, f*** it. I'll just resell them.

Username: Alexrod

They got me too. They wer in a 2004 champaine colored Chevy Blazer. It was a little spanish dude and a big buff black dude with a jerry curl. They wanted $600 but they got me for $280. So Dave Chapelle, what kind of car wer they driving and what was the tag number. This all happened in Aventura (Miami, FL). When I see them again, they gonna get jacked.

Username: Karensz71

Hey Nick Daiello (If thats your real name) You got me today in front of Stater Bros in Norco. By the way the Kirsch load speakers you sold me today burned up in my kitchen when I plugged them in. The speakers from the Palermo didn't work but then I am sure you already knew that or don't give a damn. I just wondered how you live with self on a daily basis? Oh thats right you are loving life as quoted by you,
"Thats why when people ask me how i can sleep at night.(I tell them........ On a double pillow top kink size bed)in my 4000sq house lol"

You are a sad excuse for a human being. Talk about punk theifs! Someday you WILL get yours!

Username: Julienbh

Hi I paid like 400$ for these from the back of a van. I plugged them in, they sound pretty bad. The speaker is supposed to be 200W rms, and is not more than 50. What a f**kin scam. Well, today we learned somethin'... They're in Laval, Qc as of now and speak french.

Salut, J'viens de me faire avoir au Centre Laval, Quebec. Ils sont dans un 4x4 pis y disent avoir trop de stock pis faut qui s'en débarassent. Si j'les retrouve je les slugg. Y me disaient venir de québec. La fille a des pantalons "army" pis le gars y restait assis dans le char a renchérir sur ce que la fille disait. Osties d'enfoirés. C'est sensé etre 1000W mais c'est beau si tu tappe le 100. Le sub y rush cé éffrayant. J'vais essayer de le revendre, mais bon...

Username: Julienbh

Oh yeah, and you NEED AND AMP. fookers!!!!

Username: Gsariego32

I just got scammed here in South Miami right off US1 at the gas station. But I have only myself to blame, what an idiot I am now that I reading all of these comments. Well hopefully they will get caught, one had a cap on backwards and the other guy was about 5'8 with a missing tooth in front. Both of them white guys. They were in a white suv, maybe a Durango or trailblazer, didn't check, which was my bad.

Username: Johnny_85

Hey guys is there any way we can get our money back? or claim for insurance, i paid 200$ for
it and thought i would be able to sell it for profits, but damn i can't sell it now and i really needed that 200$. so any ways to get it back(besides hunting down the guy)? thanks guys

and Julien, you got hit in laval too eh? where though? and did they have a small white suv? did u get there license plate #?

Username: Truckerswife

Well all you that got screwed... I have a hubby that bought one of these systems out of the back of a white van on November 4th at the Shell station in Fontana California. When he came home with the system and the story about "the truckload of extras" I was hot.. as hot as HE thought these were. I am in the trucking industry and I beleived that a poor unsuspecting trucker had his load stolen.. I asked my hubby for a description as I was gonna call the police. But reading all the posts here sure made me relax... Theyre not stolen and you ALL deserved to be ripped off for thinking you were receiving stolen goods.. THE IRONIC PART, is my husband owns a trucking company hisself and yet he still bought it.. At least he only paid $200.00 . a small lesson to pay for stupid judgement... PS I LOVE you honey...

Username: Truckerswife

spkr guy.. since your one of the few people here who "like" this product.. Could you tell me how the heck to hook it up? Yeah I'm a chick and dont know squat about sound systems but I would like to hook it up for my hubby so he can quit feeling down on hisself.. I beleive its probably a mediocre system but I dont care what it sounds like.. I have 4 kids.. Its gotta sound better than them.. lol Please help.. I am an electronics Idiot and i dont want to burn up my house.. ty

first you have to strip the wire(use scissors or wire strippers)ok well the front speakers (small ones) wire into the subwoofer (big box). Read teh back of teh big box to see where it says output, and put the wires to go to the small boxes in there, then from you receiver (where all the wires go) plug in the big box and teh remaining three small boxes in the respective connections behind the receiver (it's color coded and labeled so?!?!?!)

Username: Dj_xl8tr

San Diego, California United State...

Please...Good Lord. Are all you people ex-Enron employees? You never get something for nothing. This "Palermo" fiasco gives us an example of just what is wrong with this country. Everyone who bought this system and says that it sucks, especially the people that were leaving Fry's and bought this cheesy system. Those fruitcakes jammed me up on Aero Drive one day. I told them number one, I have plenty of equipment, second I never buy garbage equipment I've never heard of, and finally I would never spend money with people that I could not rely on to back their product.

Trust your freaking instincts and don't become business executives. Your ethics are poor and you will end up in Federal Prison for violating the Sarbanes-Oxley Act! Get a grip and "Man Up"!

OK mr. Greg Allion, u think you are so smart, what do u do for a living eh?

Username: Ryan123004

I almost bought a set of palmero speakers off ebay and then the auction ended thankfully. So looked the guy up again and here it is. I notified the other bidders just now but i think its too late unless ebay gets in on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT &viewitem=%26item%3D180050447696%26%26

Username: Laprincesse_1

Salut, je viens de me faire prendre moi aussi. A Montréal, meme histoire, surplus de stock, aubaine extraordinaire. J'ai mordu et j'ai payé $300.00 cdn. Aucune ampli ni instruction, j'ai finallement réussi a brancher le tout et je dois avouer que ca vaut c'que ca vaut. Une centaine de dollards, pas plus. Mais bon! J'ai fait parvenir un e-mail d'avertissement a ma liste de contact en espérant réussir a en épargner quelques uns.

Username: Laprincesse_1

PS: J'ai oublié de spécifié l'item de référence: Speaker Palermo 1000 Watt VA6-1 Home Theater

Username: Wrate

I have just bought some palermo speakers from 2 white guys. selling them out of their suv/truck. in torrance ca. close to circuit city. they said that they got extras so they had to get rid of them before their boss sold them. i dont know if they work i paid 120 for them. they both were about 6'or over one guy had long hair with a hat on the other had a white shirt and sunglasses he also had some bad looking rash on his elbows and forearm. their licens plate(not 100% sure with VGL) 5VGL585. the guy is probably on camera because he went in to bank of america with me.

Username: Daredrei

MaimiUS

This suckers got me too!
i was withdrawing in an ATM at US1 92nd St. in Miami and a white hispanic guy came to me and have the same story about a wrong delivery.He showed us a magazine that actually showed us it was $2495. He also said his wife checked it on ebay it was sold for $900 for the used ones. I really feel like an idiot. This scammers got to be stopped. If any body here knows how i can get an info through the license plate bcoz i took a picture of it pls let me know. The sad thing is one of the speakers is actually busted. Scammed and Ripped off.

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. IT IS NOT TRUE.

here is the license plate

WATCH OUT!

Username: Gsariego32

where is the picture and what kind of car was it?

Username: Daredrei

MaimiUS

This suckers got me too!
i was withdrawing in an ATM at US1 92nd St. in Miami and a white hispanic guy came to me and have the same story about a wrong delivery.He showed us a magazine that actually showed us it was $2495. He also said his wife checked it on ebay it was sold for $900 for the used ones. I really feel like an idiot. This scammers got to be stopped. If any body here knows how i can get an info through the license plate bcoz i took a picture of it pls let me know. The sad thing is one of the speakers is actually busted. Scammed and Ripped off.

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. IT IS NOT TRUE.

here is the license plate

WATCH OUT!

Upload

Username: Dvlsplgrnd

Too bad none of us can have mobile internet while talking with these guys. Same story same amount spent and same issue finding info about the company. But just a piece of info, on the box it says that MSRP and model name are only for trading purposes. I am going to try to sell at a garage sale for a profit. Hopefully I make some money like these scammers

Ohh yeah I'm in Vegas by the way

By the way I am in Vegas

Username: Rookie11

I have some very helpful info for whoever got screwed by these guys

Today I bought the same speaker system from these guys out of the back of a white van in Long Beach, CA. Trying to keep this short... I have the cell number of the kid that sold them to me and I am scheduled to buy more from him tomorrow. Spoke with him a couple times now over his cell. The best part is, when he gave me his cell, he wrote it on a shipping order. The shipping order includes the names and addresses of the recieving company, sending company, shipping company, delivery truck's info, and several first and last names, including the kid that sold them to me. It shows here these systems are being shipped out of Las Vegas. These particular systems were recieved in Las Angales. I have all the info for all of them.
I will be checking this regularly. Also, how do the systems work? Honestly? Do they sound good?

Username: Mannynmis

My husband and I bought these speakers too. We live in Las Vegas off Warm Springs and Durango. I hope these guys get caught.

Username: Fiyrmn

to rookie 11, im in san gabriel vally !! and go to vegas often !!! can you give me the addresses for the la delivery site and the lv shipper !!!! let me know when you meet these guys !!! im on !! got yer back !! or better yet post the paperwork you have on this site !!!!!! all numbers and alllllll

Username: Karensz71

Hey Rookie 11, post all the info you have on this site for those of us that would like to get our money back.

Silver Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 114
I dont' understand the problem here.
You paid for speakers and you received speakers. Now if they are damaged that's one thing, however if they don't perform to your expectations that's not a "scammers" fault.

You all thought you were getting $2400 worth of speakers for $400 bucks. Common, if they were REALLY worth that price the kid (seller) would have taken them home and e-bayed them and made at least $1400 off of them. You honestly think someone is going to sell them for that kid of loss. EVEN if they had to get them off the truck, how many people have cell phones? Why not call a friend to pick them up and again e-bay them??

If you got scammed it's cause you thought you were scamming someone else. For those who say no I wasn't scamming anyone, WRONG you were scamming the "store" out of $2400 bucks, so maybe that makes you a thief. Why a thief, because I doubt that the "store" will see that $400 bucks, I also doubt that if they were worth $2400 that the "store" would have sold them for $400.

You got what you deserved, quit bitc*ing about it deal with the fact that you didn't get $2400 worht of speakers for $400. You actually got $300 speakers for $400.

Username: Ofishl

can anyone just tell me are they atleast decent speakers and do they work because mine were ligit the box was taped up and everything inside was still bouble rapped and look ligit i just want to know are they decent kind of speackers just let me know

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 116
Anthony
Speakers are only deemed good if you like them. I like the horn sound (klipsch) and there are a lot of people who HATE the horn sound. Does that mean they are good or bad speakers? Neither is a correct statement, by that I mean to me they are good speakers to someone else they are bad speakers.

Bottom line is if you like the sound then they are good speakers

Username: Markperk123

Las Vegas, Nevada Usa

So Chris, are you referring to klipsch as a speaker type, or were the speakers manufactured by Klipsch? I just looked up Klipsch speakers on the internet, and even if this is their economy model, I think I'll feel just fine with the $130 I paid for it in Las Vegas, Nevada- Summerlin. And I'll be honest, the guy I bought them from was really cool. I enjoyed my time with him. I used to manage a RadioShack, so I understand audio- fairly well, and what you normally get for $130. I looked inside the box- there were some decent looking speakers in there, and if they have some minor issues, I can probably fix them myself. I know my post will anger some, but if what Chris is saying is true, and the components in the box have a known manufacturer that I can look to, to discover their true pedigree, I'm willing to see what this system will do with quality support components and cables, eq, and so forth, and I think I may find some value in it.

Chris, can you tell me more about the Palermo VA 6.1? I've looked at it, and it doesn't }look like a pirated piece of crap- what do I really have?

Mark
}

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 117
Mark
I dont know anything about the Palermo system. Only thing i know is that most people complain that they feel they got ripped off when they bought them.

The speaker type i was refering to is horn speakers. Klipsch is a manufacturer and all their speakers are horn style speakers.

The bottom line of what I was getting at was who cares how much you paid or if others think the speakers are good or not. If you like the sound of them then they are good for you.

Username: Iguanaman

Wow, looks like I'm the next Palermo VA6.1 sucker. I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Two guys (couple of hill jacks) in a gold Chevy minivan pulled up in front of my work and talked to an employee I work with that was outside. He came back in and told me these guys were selling some audio gear. Imagine that, I'm in music production and just love good speakers. They preached the same old , "Were on our way to fill an order and was givin extra speakers we don't need...", kick. They started at $600 but I only had $300 om me. Gave then $280!. I just can't believe I fell for this and I'm an audio professional. These guys are good and even use reputable magazines with ads in them (fake?) and internet pages to convince you. I took the bait even though I had never even heard of Palermo. The speakers actually 'look' very cool and impressive (Love the wood cabinet finish on the sub and the chrome speaker cones.) After getting them home and unpacking them I tested them with a multimeter to make sure they were functional. Everything checked out except one satellite had a very misaligned center dome. After testing the speakers they sounded ok but lacked any high-end sound quality. I was impressed with the sub sound quality more than anything. Very rich accurate lows. Wasn't expecting that at all. The satellites lacked good imaging and highs which are both required to be excellent in any high-end speaker system. Overall, I would say this speaker system isn't worth anything over $150. From what I've read the quality control is VERY inconsistent so the value is even lower due to that fact alone. If you purchase these you are rolling the dice! You might get a decent system or, you might end up with some of your speakers not even functioning or defective in some way or another. If these speakers had a consistent quality I might even recommend them in the $150 - $200 bracket. But, due to the major manufacturing inconsistencies, it's hard to recommend them at all. I think I got lucky they all worked.

Buyer beware!

Username: Joemave

Hey everyone.
Was approach by some dude at a Shell gas station on Bolsa and Magnolia in Westminister CA saying the place he picked up parts for his boss gave him an extra set Palermo home theater system. Said he was offered a check for $600 but he didnt want to take checks. I bought it for $200 cash. Just looking it up online and saw this website. This Vietnamese guy said his name was Thai and was driving a Toyota van license plate 5RVM078 phone number 714-220-7800. What can I really do eventhough I got his license and phone number?

Username: Anthonyjoevegas

Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Did I get taken?

I was approached just like mostly everyone else. I was dressed niced and look like I have money. I have some spare change to play with, but not much. I got pitched the product, looked at it, and made an offer. I did not look very close and got caught in the excitement. I give them credit, they played me the right way. The box is hevy, looks good when your excited, and is laid out like there is a receive etc in the box. I give you credit where credit is due, and I am mad at myself. They did not pick my pocket, rob me, nothing like that. They be gypsyes, but what the hell. I will live with it.

Now I paid 150, and after taking the "speakers" out of the box, they do not look that bad. I will go to a thrift store and by reciever etc. I will probally spend another $50 going that route, and see what happens. So for $200.00 I should have a so, so system. What do you want for $200.00.

Now those of you who paid more than $200.00, unles you really have it, I feel sorry for you, but we just have to learn.

If some one came to us and said we have to give them another $500.00 to keep the system we would laugh and say no, we made a deal and walk away. One person said it in an earlier thread, do not have the player hate the game. I am dissappointed I spent 150 on speakers worth probally 50, but life goes on.

Interested in the business!!
Las Vegas

Take it Easy
Tony
Would like more info on this business!!

I am in Las Vegas!!!!

Username: Bill_2007

Ayyyyayayayyaaaaayyyyy I got in the scam!!!! These guys are pro-sales people. I paid $300.00 hope they do some noise at least....and I learn my lesson.

Username: Hosed

ALL THE WAY TO OHIO!!!!!!! GOT ME TOO 200$
ANY TIPS ON HOOK UP? ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS CAME WITH NO RECEIVER!!! HAD TO BUY ONE AND NOW TRYING TO HOOK UP.
}

Username: Bill_2007

Becarefull guys they have a new version the DA VINCI. Same BS. They try to make the offer I did not pay attention this time.

Username: Huanghe

it's a serious scum!
same story happened to me. I paid $500,in toronto,canada.

I never try to use it so far.
what shall we do. call the police? because they are different people, diffrent car, similar story, but same system. They must be a big group.

Username: Armouredrecce

They just screwed over a soldier in London, On. I hope they feel good about themselves. Any info on hookup? How do I test if they work? and I'm assuming this warranty is bogus, though the address is real. 4195 Chino Hill Parkway #456, Chino Hills CA.
Anyone wanna check that out?

Username: Armouredrecce

They just screwed over a soldier in London, On. Same story, gold minivan. One Paki, One asian. I hope they feel good about themselves. Any info on hookup? How do I test if they work? and I'm assuming this warranty is bogus, though the address is real. 4195 Chino Hill Parkway #456, Chino Hills CA.
Anyone wanna check that out?

Plasmatic_Retal@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 123
I guess i don't understand how this is a "scam" you paid money for a product. So long as the product and it works there is no "scam".

You purchased speakers that play sound. Now were you mislead on the price, yeah probably. But who's fault is it really, the seller or the purchaser? I side with the seller, its not his fault you had no idea what you were purchasing. After reading all of these posts, would you still pay $200 or would you offer $100 instead or walk away? This is just a lesson to know what your purchasing and pay attention to the product. Do a little research before you jump on a "deal"

Purchasing jewelry is the same thing. If you don't know much about a diamond you'll pay a lot of $ for something that isn't worth 1/2 of what you paid, so is the jewler a crook or were u naive?

Also if someone is willing to part with $2500 worth of product for $200 chances are its either stolen or your about to get taken for $200.

Username: Uribe

Seems like im not the only one that fell for it.
This was in Guelph Canada today on the St rd mall plaza in front of pet paradaise. 2 black males approached me in a white Infinity SUV QX56. The vehicle looked pretty nice. When they showed me the speakers i just assumed they were stolen, so i never thought there could be anything wrong. i only paid 180 so i hope they work fine i have not tried them out yet.
Theese guys claimed to be from Toronto Scarborough something like that. He went by the name Julian. He gave me his number 416-894-5101. I went to the bank nearby and got the money for him so if the speakers do not work i will try and get the plate number from the bank. The guy is a pro at it and bullshits you to the point that its to good to be true.
fezzurio@gmail.com

Username: Lkerfan

they just got me for 120 in moreno valley ca,
near bank of america on perris bl.

Bronze Member
Username: Afrogt

Post Number: 37
Why would anybody buy merchandise from guys selling it out a van? Obviously the buyer is looking a bargain on some not quite legally obtained stuff. And who would pay $2500 for something on the street like this?

This whole thing speaks volumes about the buyers and sellers. I've been approached a few times by guys in white vans and always told them to go away, I'm not interested.

Username: Dneuman

here in santa fe texas. my husband got scammed as well. in la marque tx in the parking lot of walmart by game stop. there was a white guy and a mexican guy. the white guy is a fast talker.
my husband got scammed out of 150.00 . they were driving a black and silver suv. i hope that these guys get caught quickly before they keep hurting working people that have children and are trying to survive. If you are reading this idots .Hope you rot in hell.

Username: Dneuman

here in santa fe texas. my husband got scammed as well. in la marque tx in the parking lot of walmart by game stop. there was a white guy and a mexican guy. the white guy is a fast talker.white guy with metal hoopajwes in his ears.
my husband got scammed out of 150.00 . they were drive a black and silver suv with florida license plates.i hope that these guys get caught quickly before they keep hurting working people that have children and are trying to survive. If you are reading this idots .Hope you rot in hell.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14062
Your husband got greedy, huh?

Username: Jwithahonda

Nashville, TN USA

hey everyone what's up...i got the same story in Nashville,TN...this guy pulls up and asks if i was interested in a home theatre system. His story was solid and he even showed me an invoice stating that the guy who loaded the van for him that morning was stoned and he put two systems on the van when he should have put one. When he asked how much, i said i don't know. He mentioned that he sold one earlier for 800. I said o man i can't do that. So i offered him 200 and he said 250 and i said ok...i hooked up the sub to my other system and it sounds good but it sucks that i got scammed. It is nice to know that i wasn't the only one though. I'm sorry to hear about this i wished i would have known i hope many more ppl read this before buying the no name Palermo speaker system

Username: Zingaling

Same story here, some c0ck sucker sold me the piece of sh1t in Long Beach, no receiver or DVD player or AMP like he promised just 5 shitty speakers and a decent sub for 200$ I will kill him if I see him

Username: Tilet

Found this on another forum ....

White Van Speakers Scam - $38

If you paid more .... you bought them out of the back of a van or suv.

Do a search for "white van speaker"

You'll find some good reviews of this junk !

If you get approach by people trying to sell you this stuff ,

take some pictures of them , get a plate # , call your local police

and the tv news scam busters!

Also check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speakers

- anyone who writes that these things sound fine is either making money off of them, a scam victim seeking to pawn off his folly on someone else, or they need to have a root canal performed on their ears.

Get your money back ,

Call Speaker Scammer Robert M Sullivan "Rob" "Sully"
Date of Birth 06-03-68 Phone 303-618-0975

Brands sold out of white vans or suv

Audiofile Acoustic Monitor Acoustic Response, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology Denmark Dogg Digital, Digital Dogg Audio Dahlton Digital Research DiVinci Dynalab Epiphany Genesis Media Labs Grafdale Digital Pro Audio, Pro Audio, Digital Audio, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems, Digital Audio Skyline Digital Research Epiphany Audio Kirsch Matrix Audio Concepts Millennium Theater Systems (MTS) Omni Audio Protecsound Palermo Pro Dynamics Paradyme PSD Theater Research

Kirsch,Genesis Media Labs, DiVinci & White Van Speakers

by: jimdaskal19( 96)

129 out of 137 people found this guide helpful.

Guide viewed: 11621 times Tags: Kirsch | Theatre reserach | DiVinci Speakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been involved in the audio industry for over 25 years, and have to say that these speakers have the worst components I've ever seen. As someone who has built and repaired speakers, and written published audio reviews well before the Internet came around, I am appalled at the chutzpah shown by manufacturers and sellers of this junk. The 'reviews' and 'guides' that speak positively of these things have undoubtedly been posted by those who stand to profit from the sale of these inferior items. Take the Kirsch, Theatre Research, Genesis Media Labs (Genesis PHYSICS was a good brand in the 1980's) and DiVinci speakers, with their glossy ads and websites full of meaningless techno-babble and claims of outrageous 'retail' prices - not that any reputable retailer would carry these dogs. There are good reasons why they are mostly sold out of the back of white vans, and here, where comparison to good equipment is impossible. Most recently peddlers of the Genesis Media Lab and DiVinci's have trumpeted an ad taken out by the company, and purchase of a booth at an electronics show as evidence that this is an established brand-when you have the kind of profit margins based upon $ 50 worth of components in a "$ 3600" package, I suppose you can afford a booth or an ad.

Imagine if a peddler of fake Rolexes', or 'Rolex quality' watches posted a website claiming that their junk that cost maybe $ 50 to manufacture is worth thousands - that is basically the case we have here.

I've had the opportunity to take apart a number of these speakers, and all I can say is if you read Wikipedia and other search results you obtain from Googling the term "White Van Speakers' or 'White Van Scam' the conclusion that the components are of 'exceptionally poor quality' is well founded.

For example, as I write this, there are at least 3 pairs of the "K803 Prodigy" speakers being posted on E Bay for $ 1500 or more, yet superior drivers (the speaker drivers -woofers, tweeters, midranges and the like) can be had for $ 15 or less per driver. The internal electronics such as the crossovers, are by far, the absolute worst I've ever seen in nearly 3 decades as a hobbyist. The DiVinci hucksters have the nerve to advertise their 'high energy crossover', which is a $2 piece of junk - a good crossover is complex, not inexpensive, and is critical to sound quality. Even the glossy cabinets are made of cheap, lightweight wood, whose resonances distort the already awful sound, and lack the internal bracing you will find on quality speakers.

The drivers on the Kirsch and DiVinci "$ 3000 pair" (K803- DiVinci 1740-Dahlton- same speaker) are pretty much the same as on another set of these towers sold under an earlier "White Van Scam" name that a friend bought for $ 59 in a local pawn shop- one set of DiVinci's' is listed for $ 2500 buy it now - that is on line piracy.

Just for fun, we compared these Kirsch 803 beasts' to a pair of Infinty SM-255's bought off of E Bay for $ 300, using both analogue and digital sources, receivers and high end separate electronics. A sound level meter was used to ensure that the listening occured at the same volume level.

One of the girlfriends said it best : the Kirsch sounded like a clock radio compared to the Infinity's and one thought that a clock radio might sound better. Technical measurements confirmed what our ears told us - a ragged response curve that is the worst I've ever seen, bar none.

Maybe it was unfair - the Infinity's weigh 77 pounds versus 28 for the Klipsch... er Kirsch - but then the Kirsch is a $ 3000 speaker, the Infinities were $ 1000 new ... the weight alone should tell you just what junk the White Van Speakers are. We also compared the Kirsch with a vintage set of Klipsch KG-3.5's which you can get for around $ 200-250 - needless to say they blew the K-803 Prodigy away.

We've also performed listening tests comparing the "$ 2495"- oh please - Kirsch K3 home theatre system to a vintage set of Infinity Qb speakers dating back to the 1980's, which you can buy for $ 150 or so; a Samsung Home Theatre in a box and to Logitech Z-5300 and Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 computer speakers, hooked to a 5.1 receiver via the headphone jack ( a decent option for a small room). Experienced listeners suggested the best use of the Kirsch's was as a boat anchor or firewood, kids unanimously preferred the other sets and as one eloquently put it - ' the fancy ones stink like poo.' You would be much better off with a used set from Energy, Polk, or another quality speaker company.

I also had the (dis) pleasure of listening to a set of the "$ 3600" DiVinci's often posted here - even the best electronics cannot make a silk purse out of these sow's ears. We compared the DiVinci 607 model to a Polk RM-6800 5.1 home theater set up that can be had for $ 400 or less- $3200 less than theDiVinci's so called retail value.

It was no contest-- as my 12 year old put it 'where did all the instruments go' - there was no category- NONE- imaging, detail, tightness of bass- you name it- where the DiVinci's were remotely competitive.

Not only are the speakers unspeakably bad, the receiver/amp included with the DiVinci, Theatre Research, Digital Research and other "White Van Brands' lacks even basic AV functions -as well as measuring and sounding horribly - try watching "Master and Commander" with one of these pieces of 'bleep'- a used Denon, Yamaha or Onkyo at any price is light years superior.

With profit margins that would make oil companies jealous, I can see where they could now buy ads in magazines - one E Bay posting claims they are an 'established high end speaker' - you would have to be high to consider these anything but the low level junk they are. Scam is not a strong enough term, and these have earned their place on rip-off report.com.

If you pay less than $ 200 for any of these speakers, I don't think its a total rip off, (not that you cannot do much better for the money- see Part 2) - but anything more than that and you've been had - anyone who writes that these things sound fine is either making money off of them, a scam victim seeking to pawn off his folly on someone else, or they need to have a root canal performed on their ears.

FROM WIKIPEDIA , The Online Encyclopedia on White Van Speakers and White Van Scam....

The brand name of the speakers is often intentionally confusingly similar to a well regarded speaker manufacturer. For example, the excellent reputations of manufacturers such as Klipsch, Paradigm, Dahlquist, and Wharfedale are used to sell speakers with the respective brand names of Kirsch, Paradyme, Dahlton, and Grafdale.

The speakers sold by the speakermen are of exceptionally poor quality, typically obtained for less than $50 from a local distributor. The speakers themselves have been reported as potentially damaging to any amplifier they are connected to. The risk of damage stems from an impedence curve that in some cases may drop below 2 ohms, which may overheat, short out, or permanently damage an amplifier not designed to handle such loads.

From ECoustics.com - Kirsch/DiVinci/ Theater Research Thread :

cheap speakers with the worst components any China man can find. My book shelf speakers sound much better than the fancy looking towers I bought.

getting scammed is no excuse to do it to others

FOOTNOTE: The latest White Van Scam brand is Genesis Media Labs- just took a look at 2 sets bought from a E Bay power seller who should be ashamed of themselves. The buyers thought they got a good deal and even left positive feedback for the seller. We had them listen to a Yamaha home theatre in the box bought at ... Marshalls !!! ....for less than for 1/2 ($ 250) of the price the victims paid on EBay ($ 539) for the Genesis - once again, no contest, and some very unhappy Genesis owners- too bad feedback cannot be modified. I took a couple of measurements which confirmed that regardless of the name- Genesis, DiVinci, Kirsch, Dahlton, Theatre Logic, Theatre Research, Ashton, Digital Logic, Digital Audio, Digital Dogg, Digital Research et. al - this stuff is not worthy of the term hi fidelity. The problem with the Genesis name is that there was a very good American made speaker brand of that name in the mid 80's, that went of business- the White Van scammers change brands often. New report:

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/6074001.html

If you would like to see what hobbyists think of this stuff see the Dollars and Sense discussion at audiokarma.org - we get a laugh out of reading the ad copy, but getting scammed is no joke.

FOOTNOTE 2:

I visted recently with an old friend, a leading British audio writer, who upon seeing the E Bay ads and the Divinci website first thought it was someones' idea of a joke -- his take in typical British understated fashion - " The claim that this logo was on half the speakers in Britian is rubbish, the products are so poor that they do not even rise to that level (rubbish), and the purveyors are simply scoundrels."

Guide ID: 10000000002467097Guide created: 12/06/06 (updated 06/25/07)

Was this guide helpful? Report this guide

Thank you for voting. If your vote meets our guidelines, it will be posted within 24 hours.

You cannot vote on the helpfulness of a guide you wrote.

Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

Ready to share your knowledge with others? Write a guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More guides written by: jimdaskal19( 96)

DiVinci, Kirsch, Genesis Media Labs-Part 2- What to Buy

The Di Vinci AV 2098 Receiver , and the White Van Scam

Taylor Made R7 Super Quad TP - Avoiding Super Fraud

Related tags: Value Speakers | DiVinci | Taylor Made | Theatre reserach | fraud | R7 | Home Theatre Receivers | Digital Research | TP | DiVinci AV 2098 | DiVinci Speakers | Kirsch | knock offs

Related categories:

Consumer Electronics > Home Audio > Speakers & Subwoofers > Speaker Systems

Books > Nonfiction Books

Consumer Electronics > DVD & Home Theater > Home Theater Systems

Username: Tresk

My brother in-law just got scammed with these speakers as well. Thing is he's asked me if I can hook them up and see if they'll work.

How would I go about that?

Username: Landings

Glendale, CA USA

Mother fckers just nailed me, eagle rock area (Los Angeles) . I have a crow bar in the back of my van, should I see these fckers in the future I'm mugging both of them for the $180.00 bucks I gave them. Actually I think I'll pull my nine out of the safe and keep it in my glove just for the occasion that might... happen... to see them again in a parking lot ... somewhere? The one I talked to with the goatee is gonna bite the fcking curb=CRACK! I hope that mother fcker reads this and feels a tingleing in his teeth knowing that the next parking lot he goes to could be the very one that I just happen to be at. I will look for you A$$HOLE. I will get my money back. It will involve some pain on your part.

Username: Davidpoo

Sad to say that I was taken aswell. I was approched at a gas station in Laguna Beach. Two guys in a silver honda mini van missing a left rear hub cap told me everything I wanted to hear and made it sound to good to say no. Showed me a magazine with the products in with MSRP $2495.00 for Pamero speakers Pyle 32" HD tv for $2999.00 and Kirsch loud speakers for $2499.00.
Here is the funny part I thought I was too clever for this although it sounded fishy. I used my Iphone to go to Kirsch website where it confirms the price and I had the magazine as proof. I paid $1000.00 for all three, I have not used the speakers but did try the TV and it works well.

Username: Dfwsb

Hello~

I am a Dallas Speakerboy who recently quit working for Jimmy and Tom Turk - If any of u other speakerboys know where to get the systems (dahlton, epiphany, genesis, etc) email me @ dallasspeakerboy@gmail.com

Username: Chatwizard

Ontario Canada

Hey everyone
Was just trying to look up info on palermo speakers and same as everyone else only ended up here.
It is good to know before I bought them, but for the record. I use to be one of those guys a long time ago when I was kid trying to make some money. I only sold them for about 2 weeks before my consionsience got the better of me, but in all fairness, back in the 80's(when i sold them) we were selling a speaker (that was unknown then) called Sound Dynamics and now they are a great speaker sold in many high quality shops around the world. I don't know if this makes a difference to anyone or even if Palermo will end up with the same fate as Sound Dynamics or fade off into the sunset, I am just saying that what may seem like a scam at the time can sometimes end up being a blessing in disguise. We sold them for $200 saying they were extras on the truck (our pitch), I seen the same speakers in an Audio store later on selling for $750 and that was back in the early 90's, so the people that bought them from us for $200 got a pretty good deal if you ask me!

Username: Rozilla

I was washing my car at this local car wash a a van with two men in it came up to me and told me they were doing some local home installation at a local house. They said the company made a mistake and said they had to get rid of it before they went back to work. They had a real good story. They told me it was worth 2500. They said they wanted 500 for it, I said 400, we met in the middle at $450. He told me it was wireless and had quality of that right under BOSE. I came to look it up to see what it was really worth and read about the scams all over the country. I wouldn't have been so mad, but to add insult to injury, I paid 450, when everyone else was paying between 150 and 250. He gave me his number and said he would install it for me sunday (it was tuesday at the time). I figured he'd be done moved on by then and went to another city to try to scam them. I called him back and told him i had a friend who wanted to buy one for 600 and he agreed to meet back up with me. I had him follow me somewhere where my friend could meet us for backup. I politely asked for my money back and he went to the car and pretended to be looking for the money, then he tried to drive off. I jumped in the window, punched him in his face and held on. He decided to stop the car (thank god) and then reluctantly gave me my money back.

I refused to be another victim.

In retrospect that was really stupid, I'm lucky he didn't have a gun or knife. He could have messed me up.

I was lucky.

My friend that was with me said that the guy was lucky. If he (my friend) had went through the trouble of jumping in the window and punching him, when the guy stopped the car, he would have pulled him out the car and kicked his a55 some more.

I didn't want to beat his a55. I didn't want to hurt anybody, I just wanted my money back.

Username: Drunkinpanda

dude i was next huh?.... well samestory for me too man i was down on corona infront of the liquor store and they approched at me.. lol i payed 150 for this and will be satisfied if it works.. can anyone tell me where to get a receiver or an amp to hook it up????????????//
}

Username: Superman8484

Well turns out i was scammed just like every1 else here, some guy saying he had an extra one and all I thought was I was gonna run home and sell the thing for $1000 or something, and I was probably 100X more pissed off too. But i figured out how to work the thing, and for the people who dont know, heres my review and set up guide to the system. (thank me later)

Set up:
1. If u dont have an amplifier, go get one on craigslist or something for $50. (i got one for $20 which came with 2 extra speakers)It has to be either a 6.1 or 7.1 amplifier though so it can fit all the speakers.
2. BUY NEW SPEAKER WIRE- the one that comes with it sucks! (probably $15 for 50 feet at best buy- 18 gauge wire).
3. hook up the rear speakers to the subwoofer and then the subwoofer to the amp.
4. connect the middle speaker to the amp.
5. connect the front speakers to the amp.
6. connect the amp to your tv (theres a lot of methods how, it just depends on your amp and tv. i just used white and red female wires from my amp to the audio out on my TV).
7. Listen.
8.(If u want to hook them up on your walls, the mounts are good, but the screw in part on the speaker to the screw is pathetic and sometimes jams in. it's ok though, the speaker will still be secure if you set the speakers vertically. (oh and you'll probably have to buy another 50 or so ft of speaker wire).)

Review:
Well i was very mad when i first got this system cuz i got scammed like every1 else here. (and by the way, dont try to sell it, your just scamming someone else when u got scammed in the first place.) If u do need to sell it though, just sell it for $100 or something (about what they're worth.)
Now the system is not bad at all. The rear 2 speakers are alright sounding, the front 2 are good, the middle is very good, and the sub is actually pretty good (it gets really nice lows and shakes my apartment during movies). the speakers sound A LOT better then my regular tv, thus giving me the chance to say that i somewhat benefited from this scam.
This system is probably worth a good $200, and puts out some pretty good sound when i hooked it all up. I am actually kinda glad i have it now, and my movies and video games are actually rockin when i play them.

-Oh and for all u guys who sell this stuff- F YOU!

Username: Chalice

The truth with these palermos is that nickfromvegas is the main manager. He buys these speakers for about 20-30 bucks by the pallates, mainly from the main manufacturer in ontario, ca. He has ads posted in the newspaper under driving jobs so that when u go for an interview, all u see is a warehouse stacked high with these palermos. When u start working, there is no background check or drug test. Basically, if u wanna do it than try it out. So it starts early, maybe at 8 am. Everyone meets at the warehouse where teams are assigned. They make it seem cool because they have dodge durangos, magnums, and jeep cherokees - all new rentals. The trucks are then filled with maybe 10 surround sounds, and the assigned teams take a truck and start their day. But before we leave, we have a meeting. There are daily contests. example: the first truck to sell 6 sets might get $150 extra at the end of the day. There is also a top van prize. After this, the day starts. We were required to check in around 7 or 8 pm. The offices' manager asks for a pay in of $180 for each set sold. Any profit made is kept by the seller. These guys have no business liscense either. But the money doesn't end there. If a seller is consistent, than they can be put on a salary. It ranges from $3-12 a set. That means, at the end of each week, the office has a total number of sets sold. The goal is 100 sets sold in a week for each office. If the office reaches the goal of 100 sets, than you get your salary. If u are on 3 bucks a set, than you get $300 for the week. If you are on $10 a set, than you get $1000 for the week. The company calls themselves Ultimate Audio and they are a big scam on both ends. I only give this information because if u get scammed or are about to get scammed, follow these speaker guys around until they check into their office. Thats the best way to get them.

Username: Drewhimself

just got me today in southern california. i paid 200 for some palermos. i thought the whole thing was fishy, and when i got home and checked it out, i should have listened to my gut. dont fall for this scam like i, and most of the people on here did.

heads up to anyone in orange county area. i was at tustin market place when i was approached. these guys were in a white minivan. two dudes, one white guy with tats on his left arm, and a bigger latino guy who smokes.

Username: Itsdiane

I guess I got scammed too. 2 guys at the bank. the idiot jerk gave me his number cause he thought i was cute. i called it in front of him and the phone rang so here it is for anybody that wants to give him some smacktalk: 702-752-0155

Username: Kcat

my boyfriend and i just got scammed outside a walmart in san diego. two guys in a black truck sold us the story about working for a home installation place and their boss unknowingly over ordered..blah blah. they stupidly gave us their phone number cuz we told them we party a lot, and when i found out they were fake my bf told them he had there license plate number and they better meet him back there in 10 minutes. he is back at wal mart and im doubting they're gonna show up, but i guess its our fault for being so stupid...and its a good lesson.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us